The relevance of financial policy
AbstractWhen the asset market is incomplete, equilibrium allocations are not invariant to changes in the financial policies of firms: in the presence of secondary assets, such as options, whose payoffs depend nonlinearly on the price of equity, the range of attainable reallocations of revenue varies as a firm alters its position in the asset market. Corporate financial policy is thus relevant. When assets are nominal, monetary policy implemented through open market operations is effective.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) in its series CORE Discussion Papers with number 1990011.
Date of creation: 01 Jan 1990
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Voie du Roman Pays 34, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Detemple, J. & Gottardi, P. & Polemarchakis, H.M., . "The relevance of financial policy," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1157, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- J. Detemple & P. Gottardi & H. M. Polemarchakis, 1989. "The Relevance of Financial Policy," Discussion Paper Serie A 262, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Detemple, J. & Gottardi, P. & Polemarchakis, H., 1989. "The Relevance Of Financial Policy," Papers fb-89-11, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hellwig, Martin F, 1981. "Bankruptcy, Limited Liability, and the Modigliani-Miller Theorem," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(1), pages 155-70, March.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1974.
"On the Irrelevance of Corporate Financial Policy,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 851-66, December.
- Gottardi, P., 1990.
"On The Non Neutrality Of Money With Incomplete Market,"
158, Cambridge - Risk, Information & Quantity Signals.
- Gottardi Piero, 1994. "On the Non-neutrality of Money with Incomplete Markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 209-220, February.
- Eckwert, Bernhard, 1993. "Allocative effects of financial assets and the long run neutrality of money when markets are incomplete," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 75-95, January.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1958. "An Exact Consumption-Loan Model of Interest with or without the Social Contrivance of Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 467.
- DREZE, Jacques H. & POLEMARCHAKIS, Heracles M., 1998. "Intertemporal general equilibrium and monetary theory," CORE Discussion Papers 1998053, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Polemarchakis, H. M. & Seccia, G., 2000. "A Role for Monetary Policy when Prices Reveal Information: An Example," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 107-115, November.
- POLEMARCHAKIS, Heracles M. & ROCHON, Céline, 1999. "Debt, liquidity and dynamics," CORE Discussion Papers 1999034, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Dahai Yu, 1998. "Two equivalence theorems for government finance," International Finance Discussion Papers 622, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Chongmin Kim, 2004. "Corporate financial policy with pension accounts: an extension of the Modigliani-Miller theorem," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 215-236.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.