Contractual design and public-private parternships for hospitals
AbstractRecently the Portuguese Government announced the launching of public private partnerships to build hospitals with the distinctive feature that both infrastructure construction and the clinical activities management will be awarded to a private party. Accordingly there appear coordination issues that are novel in the design of PPP contracts. We explore the conditions allowing for the optimal design contracts design under several some plausible scenarios.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Barcelona Graduate School of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 292.
Date of creation: Feb 2006
Date of revision:
Public-private partnerships; contract design.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kent Buse & Andrew Harmer, 2004. "Power to the Partners?: The politics of public-private health partnerships," Development, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 47(2), pages 49-56, June.
- Marcus Ahadzi & Graeme Bowles, 2004. "Public-private partnerships and contract negotiations: an empirical study," Construction Management and Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(9), pages 967-978.
- BOADWAY, Robin & MARCHAND, Maurice & SATO, Motohiro, 2003.
"An optimal contract approach to hospital financing,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2003021, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Boadway, Robin & Marchand, Maurice & Sato, Motohiro, 2004. "An optimal contract approach to hospital financing," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 85-110, January.
- BOADWAY, Robin & MARCHAND, Maurice & SATO, Motohiro, . "An optimal contract approach to hospital financing," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1692, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Link, Albert N. & Scott, John T., 2001. "Public/private partnerships: stimulating competition in a dynamic market," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 763-794, April.
- Nicholas Deakin, 2002. "Public-Private Partnerships: A UK case study," Public Management Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(2), pages 133-147, January.
- Ellis, Randall P. & McGuire, Thomas G., 1986. "Provider behavior under prospective reimbursement : Cost sharing and supply," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 129-151, June.
- Perez-Castrillo, J.D. & Macho-Stadler, I., 1992.
"Centralized and Decentralized Contracts in a Moral Hazad Environment,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
179.92, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Macho-Stadler, Ines & Perez-Castrillo, J David, 1998. "Centralized and Decentralized Contracts in a Moral Hazard Environment," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(4), pages 489-510, December.
- Jelovac, Izabela & Macho-Stadler, Ines, 2002.
"Comparing organizational structures in health services,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 501-522, December.
- Jelovac, I. & Macho-Stadler, I., 1998. "Comparing Organizational Structures in Health Services," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 412.98, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruno Guallar).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.