Factors Affecting International Demand And Trade In Organic Food Products
AbstractThis paper describes important markets for organic foods in Europe, Japan, and North America. The effects on demand of price premiums, distribution channels, consumer characteristics, and key consumer issues (price-quality trade off, country of origin, GMO content, and social process) are discussed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Georgia, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics in its series Faculty Series with number 16674.
Date of creation: 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Conner Hall, Athens, GA 30602
Phone: (706) 542-2481
Fax: (706) 542-0739
Web page: http://www.caes.uga.edu/departments/agecon/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lohr, Luanne & Krissoff, Barry, 2001. "Consumer Effects Of Harmonizing International Standards For Trade In Organic Foods," Faculty Series 16726, University of Georgia, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Gary D. Thompson, 1998. "Consumer Demand for Organic Foods: What We Know and What We Need to Know," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1113-1118.
- Lohr, Luanne, 1998. "Welfare Effects Of Eco-Label Proliferation: Too Much Of A Good Thing?," Faculty Series 16642, University of Georgia, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Luanne Lohr, 1998. "Implications of Organic Certification for Market Structure and Trade," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1125-1129.
- Onyango, Benjamin M. & Hallman, William K. & Bellows, Anne, 2006. "Purchasing Organic Food in U.S. Food Systems: A Study of Attitudes and Practice," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21060, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Roitner-Schobesberger, Birgit & Darnhofer, Ika & Somsook, Suthichai & Vogl, Christian R., 2008. "Consumer perceptions of organic foods in Bangkok, Thailand," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 112-121, April.
- Lacaze, María Victoria & Rodríguez, Elsa Mirta M. & Lupín, Beatriz, 2010.
"Risks perceptions and willingness-to-pay for organic fresh chicken in Argentina,"
NÃ¼lan. Deposited Documents
1286, Centro de Documentación, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Sociales, Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata.
- Lacaze, María Victoria & Rodríguez, Elsa Mirta M. & Lupín, Beatriz, 2009. "Risks perceptions and willingness-to-pay for organic fresh chicken in Argentina," NÃ¼lan. Deposited Documents 815, Centro de Documentación, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Sociales, Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata.
- Lacaze, Maria Victoria & Rodriguez, Elsa M. & Lupin, Beatriz, 2009. "Risks Perceptions and Willingness-to-Pay for Organic Fresh Chicken in Argentina," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51016, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Colyer, Dale, 2004. "Environmental Regulations And Competitiveness," Working Papers 19100, West Virginia University, Department of Agricultural Resource Economics.
- Saunders, Caroline M. & Emanuelsson, Martin, 2005. "ARGOS - Modelling the Economic, Environmental, and Social Implications for New Zealand from Different Scenarios Relating to the Demand and Supply of Organic Products," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24724, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Marchesini, Sergio & Hasimu, Huliyeti & Regazzi, Domenico, 2007. "Literature review on the perception of agro-foods quality cues in the international environment," 105th Seminar, March 8-10, 2007, Bologna, Italy 7892, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Saunders, Caroline M. & Emanuelsson, Martin, 2005. "Modelling the implications for New Zealand trade and producer returns from different scenarios relating to the demand and supply of organic products," 2005 Conference (49th), February 9-11, 2005, Coff's Harbour, Australia 137946, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Rodríguez, Elsa Mirta M. & Lacaze, María Victoria & Lupín, Beatriz, 2008.
"Contingent valuation of consumers' willingness-to-pay for organic food in Argentina,"
NÃ¼lan. Deposited Documents
1022, Centro de Documentación, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Sociales, Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata.
- Rodriguez, Elsa M. & Lacaze, Maria Victoria & Lupin, Beatriz, 2008. "Contingent Valuation of Consumers’ Willingness-to-Pay for Organic Food in Argentina," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 43947, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Martín-Tapia, Inmaculada & Aragón-Correa, J. Alberto & Rueda-Manzanares, Antonio, 2010. "Environmental strategy and exports in medium, small and micro-enterprises," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 266-275, July.
- Abbott, Philip C., 2003. "Towards More Socially Responsible Cocoa Trade," Working Papers 14603, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Vercammen, James, 2004. "Economic Features of Canadian Organic Food at the Mass-market Retail Level," CAFRI: Current Agriculture, Food and Resource Issues, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society, issue 05.
- Lohr, Luanne, 2001. "The Importance Of The Conservation Security Act To Us Competitiveness In Global Organic Markets," Faculty Series 16706, University of Georgia, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Colyer, Dale, 2004. "Environmental Regulations and Agricultural Competitiveness," Estey Centre Journal of International Law and Trade Policy, Estey Centre for Law and Economics in International Trade, vol. 5(1).
- Moser, Riccarda & Raffaelli, Roberta & Thilmany, Dawn D., 2011. "Consumer Preferences for Fruit and Vegetables with Credence-Based Attributes: A Review," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 14(2).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.