International Price Transmission In Cge Models: How To Reconcile Econometric Evidence And Endogenous Model Response?
AbstractThe field of price transmission is dominated by econometric time-series analysis (PTA) and rather disconnected from analyses based on CGE models. This paper addresses how a certain degree of empirically determined price transmission can be met in a single country CGE model. We examine and validate seven determinants including structural characteristics of the model, the parameterization of behavioral functions and properties of the sectors concerned.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA) in its series 52nd Annual Conference, Stuttgart, Germany, September 26-28, 2012 with number 137388.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
price transmission; CGE models; international trade; Preistransmission; internationaler Handel; International Relations/Trade; Research Methods/ Statistical Methods;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Inci Ã–tker & David VÃ¡vra & Francisco F. VÃ¡zquez & Luis Ignacio JÃ¡come & Karl Friedrich Habermeier & Kotaro Ishi & Alessandro Giustiniani & Turgut Kisinbay, 2009. "Inflation Pressures and Monetary Policy Options in Emerging and Developing Countries-A Cross Regional Perspective," IMF Working Papers 09/1, International Monetary Fund.
- Delgado, Christopher L. & Minot, Nicholas & Tiongco, Marites M., 2003.
"Evidence And Implications Of Non-Tradability Of Food Staples In Tanzania 1983-1998,"
2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada
22102, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Delgado, Christopher & Minot, Nicholas & Tiongco, Marites, 2004. "Evidence and implications of non-tradability of food staples in Tanzania 1983-1998," MTID discussion papers 72, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Nicita, Alessandro, 2005. "Multilateral trade liberalization and Mexican households : the effect of the Doha development agenda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3707, The World Bank.
- Mundlak, Yair & Larson, Donald F, 1992. "On the Transmission of World Agricultural Prices," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 6(3), pages 399-422, September.
- John Baffes & Bruce Gardner, 2003. "The transmission of world commodity prices to domestic markets under policy reforms in developing countries," Journal of Policy Reform, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 159-180.
- Grethe, Harald & Siddig, Khalid H.A. & Goetz, Linde & Ihle, Rico, 2012. "How Do World Agricultural Commodity Price Spikes Affect The Income Distribution In Israel?," 52nd Annual Conference, Stuttgart, Germany, September 26-28, 2012 137154, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.