Determinants of European immigration: a cross-country analysis
AbstractThis paper analyses the determinants of international immigration in 13 European destination countries using a data set on 139 origin countries in 2000. The results indicate that gravity variables (population and distance), the macroeconomic conditions, cultural proximity, and the existence of narrow trade relationships are important explanatory factors.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 13 (2006)
Issue (Month): 12 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jose Villaverde & Adolfo Maza & MarÃa Hierro, 2011. "Regional international migration distribution in Spain: which factors are behind?," ERSA conference papers ersa11p530, European Regional Science Association.
- Hanson, Gordon H., 2010. "International Migration and the Developing World," Handbook of Development Economics, Elsevier.
- Hubert JAYET & Glenn RAYP & Ilse RUYSSEN & Nadiya UKRAYINCHUK, 2014. "Immigrants’ location choice in Belgium," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2014004, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Raul Ramos & Jordi Suriñach, 2013.
"“A gravity model of migration between ENC and EU”,"
IREA Working Papers
201317, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Oct 2013.
- Raul Ramos & Jordi Suriñach, 2013. "“A gravity model of migration between ENC and EU”," AQR Working Papers 201309, University of Barcelona, Regional Quantitative Analysis Group, revised Oct 2013.
- Ramos, Raul & Surinach, Jordi, 2013. "A Gravity Model of Migration between ENC and EU," IZA Discussion Papers 7700, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.