Output, devaluation and the real exchange rate in developing countries
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv.
Volume (Year): 127 (1991)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Hindenburgufer 66, D-24105 Kiel
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 8814528
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/10290/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nunnenkamp, Peter & Schweickert, Rainer, 1990. "Adjustment policies and economic growth in developing countries : is devaluation contractionary?," Open Access publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy info:hdl:10419/1449, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Buffie, Edward F, 1986. "Devaluation and Imported Inputs: The Large Economy Case," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 27(1), pages 123-40, February.
- Hardouvelis, Gikas A., 1987. "Optimal wage indexation and monetary policy in an economy with imported raw materials," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 419-432, December.
- P. Krugman & L. Taylor, 1976.
"Contractionary Effects of Devaluations,"
191, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Solimano, Andres, 1986. "Contractionary devaluation in the southern cone : The case of Chile," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 135-151, September.
- Barbone, Luca & Rivera-Batiz, Francisco, 1987. "Foreign capital and the contractionary impact of currency devaluation, with an application to Jamaica," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 1-15, June.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1987.
"Are Devaluations Contractionary?,"
NBER Working Papers
1676, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mundlak, Yair, 1978. "On the Pooling of Time Series and Cross Section Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 69-85, January.
- Mohsin S. Khan, 1990. "The Macroeconomic Effects of Fund-Supported Adjustment Programs," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 37(2), pages 195-231, June.
- Carlos F. Diaz Alejandro, 1963. "A Note on the Impact of Devaluation and the Redistributive Effect," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 71, pages 577.
- Sweder van Wijnbergen, 1986.
"Exchange Rate Management and Stabilization Policies in Developing Countries,"
in: Economic Adjustment and Exchange Rates in Developing Countries, pages 17-42
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Van Wijnbergen, Sweder, 1986. "Exchange rate management and stabilization policies in developing countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 227-247, October.
- J. Saul Lizondo & Peter J. Montiel, 1989. "Contractionary Devaluation in Developing Countries: An Analytical Overview," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 36(1), pages 182-227, March.
- International Monetary Fund, 1985. "Formulation of Exchange Rate Policies in Adjustment Programs," IMF Occasional Papers 36, International Monetary Fund.
- Ardic, Oya Pinar, 2006.
"Output, the Real Exchange Rate, and the Crises in Turkey,"
6099, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Oya Pinar Ardic, 2006. "Output, the Real Exchange Rate and the Crises in Turkey," Working Papers 2006/03, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Rolf Maier, 2005. "Exchange Rate Regimes and Pro-Poor Growth," International Finance 0504008, EconWPA.
- P Mejía-Reyes & D R Osborn & M Sensier, 2004.
"Modelling Real Exchange Rate Effects on Output Performance in Latin America,"
Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series
35, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Pablo Mejia-Reyes & Denise Osborn & Marianne Sensier, 2010. "Modelling real exchange rate effects on output performance in Latin America," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 42(19), pages 2491-2503.
- Ramon Moreno, 1999. "Depreciation and recessions in East Asia," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 27-40.
- Bahmani-Oskooee Mohsen & Mirzaie Aghdas, 2000. "The Long-Run Effects of Depreciation of The Dollar on Sectoral Output," International Economic Journal, Korean International Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 51-61.
- Steven B. Kamin & Marc Klau, 1997. "Some multi-country evidence on the effects of real exchange rates on output," BIS Working Papers 48, Bank for International Settlements.
- Magda Kandil & Nazire Nergiz Dincer, 2007.
"A Comparative Analysis of Exchange Rate Fluctuations and Economic Activity: The Cases of Egypt and Turkey,"
0722, Economic Research Forum, revised Dec 2007.
- Magda Kandil & Nazire Nergiz Dincer, 2008. "A comparative analysis of exchange rate fluctuations and economic activity: The cases of Egypt and Turkey," International Journal of Development Issues, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 7(2), pages 136-159, October.
- Magda E. Kandil & Ida Aghdas Mirzaie, 2003. "The Effects of Exchange Rate Fluctuations on Output and Prices: Evidence from Developing Countries," IMF Working Papers 03/200, International Monetary Fund.
- Shaghil Ahmed & Christopher J. Gust & Steven B. Kamin & Jonathan Huntley, 2002. "Are depreciations as contractionary as devaluations? A comparison of selected emerging and industrial economies," International Finance Discussion Papers 737, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Steven B. Kamin & Marc Klau, 1998. "Some multi-country evidence on the effects of real exchange rates on output," International Finance Discussion Papers 611, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Mark Crosby & Glenn Otto, 2001. "Growth and the Real Exchange Rate - Evidence from Eleven Countries," Working Papers 082001, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Linda Kamas, 1992. "Devaluation, national output and the trade balance: Some evidence from Colombia," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 128(3), pages 425-445, September.
- Maier, Rolf, 2005. "External Debt and Pro-Poor Growth," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Kiel 2005 23, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Magda Kandil, 2010.
"Exchange Rate Fluctuations and Output in Oil-Producing Countries: The Case of Iran,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 46(3), pages 23-45, May.
- Magda E. Kandil & Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee, 2007. "Exchange Rate Fluctuations and Output in Oil-Producing Countries: The Case of Iran," IMF Working Papers 07/113, International Monetary Fund.
- Ramkishen S. Rajan & Chung-Hua Shen, 2002. "Are crisis-induced devaluations contractionary?," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 02-06, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Steven B. Kamin & John H. Rogers, 1997.
"Output and the real exchange rate in developing countries: an application to Mexico,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
580, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kamin, Steve B. & Rogers, John H., 2000. "Output and the real exchange rate in developing countries: an application to Mexico," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 85-109, February.
- MITEZA, Ilir, 2006. "Devaluation And Output In Five Transition Economies: A Panel Cointegration Approach Of Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia And Romania, 1993-2000," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 6(1).
- Taye, Haile Kebret, 1999. "The Impact of Devaluation on Macroeconomic Performance: The Case of Ethiopia," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 481-496, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.