Foreign capital and the contractionary impact of currency devaluation, with an application to Jamaica
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Development Economics.
Volume (Year): 26 (1987)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pierre-Richard Agénor, 1991. "Output, devaluation and the real exchange rate in developing countries," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 127(1), pages 18-41, March.
- Kandil, Magda & Mirzaie, Aghdas, 2002. "Exchange rate fluctuations and disaggregated economic activity in the US: theory and evidence," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 1-31, February.
- Hakan Berument & Magda Kandil & Nergiz Dincer, 2007.
"The Effects of Exchange Rate Fluctuations on Economic Activity in Turkey,"
Departmental Working Papers
0704, Bilkent University, Department of Economics.
- Kandil, Magda & Berument, Hakan & Dincer, N. Nergiz, 2007. "The effects of exchange rate fluctuations on economic activity in Turkey," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 466-489, June.
- Hossain, A., 2006. "Sources of Economic Growth in Indonesia, 1966-2003," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 6(2).
- Kandil, Magda & Mirzaie, Ida Aghdas, 2003. "The effects of dollar appreciation on sectoral labor market adjustments: Theory and evidence," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 89-117.
- Magda E. Kandil & Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee, 2007.
"Exchange Rate Fluctuations and Output in Oil-Producing Countries: The Case of Iran,"
IMF Working Papers
07/113, International Monetary Fund.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Magda Kandil, 2010. "Exchange Rate Fluctuations and Output in Oil-Producing Countries: The Case of Iran," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 46(3), pages 23-45, May.
- Toseef Azid & Muhammad Jamil & Aneela Kousar, 2005. "Impact of Exchange rate Volatility on Growth and Economic Performance: A Case Study of Pakistan, 1973-2003," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 44(4), pages 749-775.
- Magda Kandil, 2004. "Exchange Rate Fluctuations And Economic Activity In Developing Countries: Theory And Evidence," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 29(1), pages 85-108, June.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:30:y:2010:i:1:p:247-264 is not listed on IDEAS
- Magda E. Kandil & Ida Aghdas Mirzaie, 2003. "The Effects of Exchange Rate Fluctuations on Output and Prices: Evidence from Developing Countries," IMF Working Papers 03/200, International Monetary Fund.
- Artatrana Ratha, 2010. "Does Devaluation work for India?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(1), pages 247-264.
- Linda Kamas, 1992. "Devaluation, national output and the trade balance: Some evidence from Colombia," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 128(3), pages 425-445, September.
- Talan Iscan, 1997. "Devaluations and aggregate output fluctuations: a random coefficient regression model for Mexico," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(12), pages 1575-1584.
- Lai, Ching-chong & Chang, Juin-jen & Chang, Wen-ya, 2001. "Currency devaluation in an open-shop union," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 61-74.
- Magda Kandil, 2006. "On the transmission of exchange rate fluctuations to the macroeconomy: Contrasting evidence for developing and developed countries," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 101-127.
- M Bahmani-Oskooee & I Miteza, 2006. "Stock Market Growth: An analysis of cointegration and causality," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 11(1), pages 37-64, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.