Inflation Targeting in Korea: An Empirical Exploration
AbstractThe revised Bank of Korea (BOK) Act states that the primary goal of monetary policy is price stability and recently monetary policy has moved toward an inflation targeting framework. This study explores some of the practical aspects that need to be considered for this move. In particular, issues such as the definition of the price index, the horizon over which to target inflation, and the width of the inflation target bands are considered. On balance, the empirical evidence suggests that Korea is likely to be successful in adopting an IT framework over the medium term. Copyright 2001, International Monetary Fund
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal IMF Staff Papers.
Volume (Year): 48 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
Other versions of this item:
- Alexander W. Hoffmaister, 1999. "Inflation Targeting in Korea - An Empirical Exploration," IMF Working Papers 99/7, International Monetary Fund.
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- E3 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aliyu, Shehu Usman Rano & Englama, Abwaku, 2009. "Is Nigeria Ready for Inflation Targeting?," MPRA Paper 14870, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 26 Apr 2009.
- Joon-Ho Hahm & Frederic S. Mishkin, 2000. "Causes of the Korean Financial Crisis: Lessons for Policy," NBER Working Papers 7483, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nadia Saleem, 2010. "Adopting Inflation Targeting in Pakistan: An Empirical Analysis," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 15(2), pages 51-76, Jul-Dec.
- Thorarinn G. Petursson, 2005. "Inflation Targeting and its Effects on Macroeconomic Performance," SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum, number 2005/5 edited by Morten Balling.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.