The Basle Accord of 1988 and the International Credit Crunch of 1989–1992
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Financial Services Research.
Volume (Year): 15 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102934
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Edward J. Kane, 1997.
"Ethical Foundations of Financial Regulation,"
NBER Working Papers
6020, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1983. "Incentive Effects of Terminations: Applications to the Credit and Labor Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(5), pages 912-27, December.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Diana Hancock & James A. Wilcox, 1994. "Bank Capital and the Credit Crunch: The Roles of Risk-Weighted and Unweighted Capital Regulations," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 22(1), pages 59-94.
- Joe Peek & Eric Rosengren, 1993.
"Bank regulation and the credit crunch,"
93-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- William R. Keeton, 1994. "Causes of the recent increase in bank security holdings," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q II, pages 45-57.
- Gary C. Zimmerman, 1994. "Bank business lending bounces back," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue oct28.
- Hall, B.J., 1993. "How Has the Basle Accord Affected Bank Portfolios?," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1642, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Joe Peek & Eric S. Rosengren, 1994. "Bank Real Estate Lending and the New England Capital Crunch," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 22(1), pages 33-58.
- Joseph G. Haubrich & Paul Wachtel, 1993. "Capital requirements and shifts in commercial bank portfolios," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q III, pages 2-15.
- Edward J. Kane & Haluk Unal, 1988. "Change in Market Assessments of Deposit-Institution Riskiness," NBER Working Papers 2530, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frederick T. Furlong, 1992. "Capital regulation and bank lending," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 23-33.
- Charles Jacklin, 1993. "Bank capital requirements and incentives for lending," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 93-07, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Charles J. Jacklin, 1993. "Bank capital requirements and incentives for lending," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Mar.
- Wagster, John & Kolari, James & Cooper, Kerry, 1996. "Market Reaction to National Discretion in Implementing the Basle Accord," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association & Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 339-57, Fall.
- Portes,, 1987. "Threats to International Financial Stability," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521347891, December.
- Cooper, Kerry & Kolari, James & Wagster, John, 1991. "A note on the stock market effects of the adoption of risk-based capital requirements on international banks in different countries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 367-381, April.
- Allen N. Berger & Gregory F. Udell, 2003.
"The institutional memory hypothesis and the procyclicality of bank lending behaviour,"
BIS Working Papers
125, Bank for International Settlements.
- Berger, Allen N. & Udell, Gregory F., 2004. "The institutional memory hypothesis and the procyclicality of bank lending behavior," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 458-495, October.
- Allen N. Berger & Gregory F. Udell, 2003. "The institutional memory hypothesis and the procyclicality of bank lending behavior," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2003-02, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Guizani, Brahim, 2010. "Regulation Policy And Credit Crunch: Evidence From Japan," MPRA Paper 46827, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 May 2013.
- Sami Ben Naceur & Magda E. Kandil, 2013. "Basel Capital Requirements and Credit Crunch in the MENA Region," IMF Working Papers 13/160, International Monetary Fund.
- Vincent Bouvatier & Laetitia Lepetit, 2008.
"Banks' Procyclical Behavior: Does Provisioning Matter?,"
- Bouvatier, Vincent & Lepetit, Laetitia, 2008. "Banks' procyclical behavior: Does provisioning matter?," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 513-526, December.
- Curry, Timothy J. & Fissel, Gary S. & Ramirez, Carlos D., 2008. "The impact of bank supervision on loan growth," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 113-134, August.
- Claudio Borio & Haibin Zhu, 2008.
"Capital regulation, risk-taking and monetary policy: a missing link in the transmission mechanism?,"
BIS Working Papers
268, Bank for International Settlements.
- Borio, Claudio & Zhu, Haibin, 2012. "Capital regulation, risk-taking and monetary policy: A missing link in the transmission mechanism?," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 236-251.
- Mingwei Yuan & Christian Zimmermann, 1999.
"Credit Crunch in a Model of Financial Intermediation and Occupational Choice,"
Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers
97, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- Yuan, Mingwei & Zimmermann, Christian, 2004. "Credit crunch in a model of financial intermediation and occupational choice," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 637-659, December.
- Krainer, Robert, 2009. "Portfolio and financing adjustments for U.S. banks: Some empirical evidence," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 1-24, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.