Monetary stabilisation in a currency union: The role of catching up member states
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Policy Modeling.
Volume (Year): 29 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505735
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Takatoshi Ito & Peter Isard & Steven Symansky, 1999.
"Economic Growth and Real Exchange Rate: An Overview of the Balassa-Samuelson Hypothesis in Asia,"
in: Changes in Exchange Rates in Rapidly Developing Countries: Theory, Practice, and Policy Issues (NBER-EASE volume 7), pages 109-132
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Takatoshi Ito & Peter Isard & Steven Symansky, 1997. "Economic Growth and Real Exchange Rate: An Overview of the Balassa-Samuelson Hypothesis in Asia," NBER Working Papers 5979, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rebeca Jimenez-Rodriguez & Marcelo Sanchez, 2005. "Oil price shocks and real GDP growth: empirical evidence for some OECD countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(2), pages 201-228.
- Laszlo Halpern & Charles Wyplosz, 2001. "Economic Transformation and Real Exchange Rates in the 2000s: The Balassa-Samuelson Connection," ECE Discussion Papers Series 2001_1, UNECE.
- Michael Reutter & Hans-Werner Sinn, 2000.
"The Minimum Inflation Rate for Euroland,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
377, CESifo Group Munich.
- Balázs Égert & Imed Drine & Kirsten Lommatzsch & Christophe Rault, 2002.
"The Balassa-Samuelson effect in Central and Eastern Europe: Myth or reality?,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
483, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Egert, Balazs & Drine, Imed & Lommatzsch, Kirsten & Rault, Christophe, 2003. "The Balassa-Samuelson effect in Central and Eastern Europe: myth or reality?," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 552-572, September.
- Balázs Égert & Imed Drine & Kirsten Lommatzsch & Christophe Rault, 2005. "The Balassa-Samuelson Effect in Central and Eastern Europe: Myth or Reality?," Documents de recherche 05-15, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
- Ronald MacDonald & Cezary Wójcik, 2003.
"Catching Up: The Role of Demand, Supply and Regulated Price Effects on the Real Exchange Rates of Four Accession Countries,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
899, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ronald MacDonald & Cezary WÛjcik, 2004. "Catching up: The role of demand, supply and regulated price effects on the real exchange rates of four accession countries," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 12(1), pages 153-179, 03.
- Laurence Ball, 1998.
"Policy Rules for Open Economies,"
RBA Research Discussion Papers
rdp9806, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Lane, P, 1999.
"Asymmetric Shocks and Monetary Policy in a Currency Union,"
Trinity Economics Papers
994, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Lane, Philip R, 2000. " Asymmetric Shocks and Monetary Policy in a Currency Union," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 102(4), pages 585-604, December.
- Grubel, Herbert, 2005. "Small country benefits from monetary union," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 509-523, June.
- Romer, David, 1993.
"Openness and Inflation: Theory and Evidence,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 108(4), pages 869-903, November.
- federico ravenna & fabio natalucci, 2003.
"the road to adopting the euro: monetary policy and exchange rate regimes in EU candidate countries,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 2003
227, Society for Computational Economics.
- Fabio M. Natalucci & Federico Ravenna, 2002. "The road to adopting the euro: monetary policy and exchange rate regimes in EU candidate countries," International Finance Discussion Papers 741, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Broadbent, Ben & Barro, Robert J., 1997. "Central bank preferences and macroeconomic equilibrium," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 17-43, June.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Andrew K. Rose, 1996.
"The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria,"
NBER Working Papers
5700, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Rose, Andrew K, 1998. "The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(449), pages 1009-25, July.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Rose, Andrew K, 1996. "The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria," CEPR Discussion Papers 1473, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Devereux, Michael B, 1999. "Real Exchange Rate Trends and Growth: A Model of East Asia," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(3), pages 509-21, August.
- Broeck, Mark De & Sløk, Torsten, 2001.
"Interpreting real exchange rate movements in transition countries,"
BOFIT Discussion Papers
7/2001, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- De Broeck, Mark & Slok, Torsten, 2006. "Interpreting real exchange rate movements in transition countries," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 368-383, March.
- International Monetary Fund, 2001. "Interpreting Real Exchange Rate Movements in Transition Countries," IMF Working Papers 01/56, International Monetary Fund.
- Hochreiter, Eduard & Siklos, Pierre L., 2002. "Alternative exchange-rate regimes: The options for Latin America," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 195-211, December.
- Michael B. Devereux, 2003. "A Macroeconomic Analysis of EU Accession under Alternative Monetary Policies," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(5), pages 941-964, December.
- Bulir, Ales & Hurnik, Jaromir, 2008. "Why has inflation in the European Union stopped converging?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 341-347.
- Sánchez, Marcelo, 2009. "National prices and wage setting in a currency union," Working Paper Series 1058, European Central Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.