World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER)
WIDER Working Paper Series
- 069 Education policy, vocational training, and the youth in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Oketch, Moses
- 068 The success of learnerships? Lessons from South Africa.s training and education programme
by Rankin, Neil & Roberts, Gareth & Schoer, Volker
- 067 The economics of marriage in North Africa
by Assaad, Ragui & Krafft, Caroline
- 066 Learning by exporting: The case of Mozambican manufacturing
by Cruz, Antonio & Newman, Carol & Rand, John & Tarp, Finn
- 065 Clustering, competition, and spillover effects: Evidence from Cambodia
by Chhair, Sokty & Newman, Carol
- 064 Can climate finance achieve gender equity in developing countries?
by Wong, Sam
- 063 Aid and the environment in Africa: A synthesis of eight case studies
by Muchapondwa, Edwin
- 062 Innovation capabilities for sustainable development in Africa
by Lee, Keun & Juma, Calestous & Mathews, John
- 061 The theory and practice of agriculture, growth, and development in Africa
by Badiane, Ousmane & Makombe, Tsitsi
- 060 The economics of happiness and anger in North Africa
by Chamlou, Nadereh
- 059 Mozambique's industrialization
by Cruz, Antonio Sousa & Guambe, Dina & Marrengula, Constantino Pedro & Ubisse, Amosse Francisco
- 058 Capacity development for the transformation of Africa
by Leautier, Frannie A.
- 057 The impact of democracy on economic growth in sub-Saharan Africa, 1982-2012
by Masaki, Takaaki & van de Walle, Nicolas
- 056 Gendered perspectives on economic growth and development in sub-Saharan Africa
by Seguino, Stephanie & Were, Maureen
- 055 Trade unions in an emerging economy: The case of South Africa
by Bhorat, Haroon & Naidoo, Karmen & Yu, Derek
- 054 Scholars and practitioners once commonly linked .African culture. to a distinctive .African capitalism., at odds with genuine capitalism and the demands of modern business. Yet contemporary African business cultures reveal that a capitalist ethos has take
by Taylor, Scott D.
- 053 The prospects for an imminent demographic dividend in Africa: The case for cautious optimism
by Basu, Alaka M. & Basu, Kaushik
- 052 Informality, growth, and development in Africa
by Benjamin, Nancy & Mbaye, Ahmadou Aly
- 051 Changes in land tenure and agricultural intensification in sub-Saharan Africa
by Otsuka, Keijiro & Place, Frank
- 050 Dimensions of African inequality
by Bigsten, Arne
- 049 Can the context mediate macro-policy outcomes? Contextual differences in the returns to Bolsa Familia in Brazil
by von Jacobi, Nadia
- 048 Does foreign aid in education foster gender equality in developing countries?
by Maiga, Eugenie W.H.
- 047 The economics of malaria in Africa
by Berthelemy, Jean-Claude & Thuilliez, Josselin
- 046 China-Africa co-operation in structural transformation: Ideas, opportunities, and finances
by Lin, Justin Yifu & Wang, Yan
- 045 The colonial legacy: Income inequality in former British African colonies
by Atkinson, A.B.
- 044 Gender difference in support for democracy in sub-Saharan Africa: Do social institutions matter?
by Konte, Maty
- 043 Aid, employment, and poverty reduction in Africa
by Page, John & Shimeles, Abebe
- 042 Development as diffusion: Manufacturing productivity and sub-Saharan Africa.s missing middle
by Gelb, Alan & Meyer, Christian J. & Ramachandran, Vijaya
- 041 The structural anatomy and institutional architecture of inclusive growth in sub-Saharan Africa
by Thorbecke, Erik
- 040 Targeting social transfer programmes: Comparing design and implementation errors across alternative mechanisms
by Sabates-Wheeler, Rachel & Hurrell, Alex & Devereux, Stephen
- 039 The risks to education systems from design mismatch and global isomorphism: Concepts, with examples from India
by Pritchett, Lant
- 038 Modeling fuel choice among households in northern Cameroon
by Nlom, Jean Hugues & Karimov, Aziz
- 037 Regional integration in Africa: Challenges and prospects
by de Melo, Jaime & Tsikata, Yvonne
- 036 Putting it all together: Aggregating impacts of school-feeding programmes on education, health and nutrition: two proposed methodologies
by Gelli, Aulo & Espejo, Francisco & Shen, Jing & Kristjansson, Elizabeth
- 035 Does successful governance require heroes? The case of Sergio Fajardo and the city of Medell.n: A reform case for instruction
by Fajardo, Alejandro & Andrews, Matt
- 034 Social service delivery and access to financial innovation: The impact of Oportunidades. electronic payment system in Mexico
by Masino, Serena & Nino-Zarazua, Miguel
- 033 Modeling impact of climate change on water resources and agriculture demand in the Volta Basin and other basin systems in Ghana
by Amisigo, Barnabas A. & McCluskey, Alyssa & Swanson, Richard
- 032 The economic impact of climate change on road infrastructure in sub-Saharan Africa countries: Evidence from Ghana
by Twerefou, Daniel Kwabena & Adjei-Mantey, Kwame & Strzepek, Niko Lazar
- 031 .Ground-truthing. Chinese development finance in Africa: Field evidence from South Africa and Uganda
by Muchapondwa, Edwin & Nielson, Daniel & Parks, Bradley & Strange, Austin M. & Tierney, Michael J.
- 030 Distributional impacts of the 2008 global food price spike in Vietnam
by McKay, Andy & Tarp, Finn
- 029 Transfers for extreme poverty reduction: Implications for patron-client relationships in the context of Bangladesh.s agricultural reformation
by Scott, Lucy
- 028 The impact of climate change on pastoral production systems: A study of climate variability and household adaptation strategies in southern Ethiopian rangelands
by Berhanu, Wassie & Beyene, Fekadu
- 027 Climate variability and household welfare in northern Ghana
by Nkegbe, Paul Kwame & Kuunibe, Naasegnibe
- 026 Evaluation of non-governmental development organizations
by Elbers, Chris & Gunning, Jan Willem
- 025 First order dominance analysis: Child wellbeing in the Democratic Republic of Congo
by Nanivazo, Malokele
- 024 Using evidence and operational responses to accelerate gender equality in Kenya
by Torkelsson, Asa
- 023 Aid and policy preference in oil-rich countries: Comparing Indonesia and Nigeria
by Fuady, Ahmad Helmy
- 022 How do we increase the share of aid to agriculture in Africa?
by Quartey, Peter
- 021 The evolution of industry in Uganda
by Obwona, Marios & Shinyekwa, Isaac & Kiiza, Julius
- 020 Implications of climate change for Ghana.s economy
by Arndt, Channing & Asante, Felix & Thurlow, James
- 019 Industrial development and growth in Nigeria: Lessons and challenges
by Chete, L. N. & Adeoti, J. O. & Adeyinka, F. M. & Ogundele, O.
- 018 Producing biofuels in low-income countries: An integrated environmental and economic assessment for Tanzania
by Branca, Giacomo & Felix, Erika & Maltsoglou, Irini & Rincon, Luis E. & Thurlow, James
- 017 The effect of climate change on economic growth: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa
by Alagidede, Paul & Adu, George & Frimpong, Prince Boakye
- 016 Effectiveness of international aid for diarrheal disease control and potential for future impact
by Cash, Richard A. & Potter, James R.
- 015 Foreign aid effectiveness in African economies: Evidence from a panel threshold framework
by Alia, Didier Yelognisse & Anago, Romuald E. Kouadio
- 014 Employment, unemployment, and underemployment in Africa
by Golub, Stephen & Hayat, Faraz
- 013 Climate change and economic growth prospects for Malawi: An uncertainty approach
by Arndt, Channing & Schlosser, Adam & Strzepek, Kenneth
- 012 Transition regimes and security sector reforms in Sierra Leone and Liberia
by Onoma, Ato Kwamena
- 011 Global collective action in health: The WDR+20 landscape of core and supportive functions
by Blanchet, Nathan & Thomas, Milan & Atun, Rifat & Jamison, Dean & Knaul, Felicia
- 010 Gender inequality, female leadership, and aid allocation: A panel analysis of aid for education
by Kleemann, Linda & Nunnenkamp, Peter & Thiele, Rainer
- 009 Optimum fisheries management under climate variability: Evidence from artisanal marine fishing in Ghana
by Akpalu, Wisdom & Dasmani, Isaac & Normanyo, Ametefee K.
- 008 Youth in Tanzania.s urbanizing mining settlements: Prospecting a mineralized future
by Bryceson, Deborah Fahy
- 007 Aid and the environment: The case of Botswana
by Juana, James S.
- 005 Aid, environment, and climate change in Africa: The case of Senegal
by Ngaido, Tidiane
- 004 Global interpersonal inequality: Trends and measurement
by Nino-Zarazua, Miguel & Roope, Laurence & Tarp, Finn
- 003 Health shocks and coping strategies: State health insurance scheme of Andhra Pradesh, India
by Dhanaraj, Sowmya
- 002 Aid and institution-building in fragile states: The case of Somali-inhabited eastern Horn of Africa
by Menkhaus, Ken
- 001 Cities of youth: Post-millennial cases of mobility and sociality
by Hansen, Karen Tranberg
- 144 Aid to Africa: The Changing Context
by Addison, Tony & Singhal, Saurabh & Tarp, Finn
- 143 The Impact of Foreign Aid on Economic Growth in ECOWAS Countries: a Simultaneous-Equation Model
by Adamu, Patricia A.
- 142 Aid and the Environment: Uganda
by Kateregga, Eseza
- 141 South Sudan : The Road from the Paris Declaration to the Reality of Juba, 2005-11
by Larson, Greg
- 140 Poverty, Vulnerability, and Reference Dependent Utility
by Günther, Isabel & Maier, Johannes
- 139 Aid and Environment in Burkina Faso
by Bambio, Yiriyibin
- 138 Asian Donor Support for Gender Equality and Women?s Empowerment: Comparative Experience, Challenges, and Opportunities
by McGill, Eugenia
- 137 The Ideal of Gender Justice and the UNSCR 1325: Two Case Studies : Kenya and the Democratic Republic of Congo
by Hellsten, Sirkku K.
- 136 The International Fiscal Implications of Global Poverty Reduction and Global Public Goods Provision
by Fitzgerald, Valpy
- 135 REDD+ as Performance-Based Aid: General Lessons and Bilateral Agreements of Norway
by Angelsen, Arild
- 134 Economic History of Industrialization in Cambodia
by Chhair, Sokty & Ung, Luyna
- 133 Aid and the Environment: the Case of Kenya
by Nyangena, Wilfred
- 132 Aid and Dutch Disease: Evidence from Moroccan and Tunisian Time-Series Data
by Addison, Tony & Baliamoune-Lutz, Mina
- 131 The Care Connection: The World Bank and Women?s Unpaid Care Work in Select Sub-Saharan African Countries
by Bibler, Sarah & Zuckerman, Elaine
- 130 Is Kazakhstan Vulnerable to Natural Resource Curse?
by Karimov, Aziz & Oskenbayev, Yessengali
- 129 Innovation at the World Bank: Selective Perspectives Over Three Decades 1975-2005
by Grawe, Roger
- 128 Environmental and Climate Finance in a New World: How Past Environmental Aid Allocation Impacts Future Climate Aid
by Marcoux, Christopher & Parks, Bradley C. & Peratsakis, Christian M. & Roberts, J. Timmons & Tierney, Michael J.
- 127 Education from the Bottom Up UNICEF's Education Programme in Somalia
by Williams, James & Cummings, William K.
- 126 State-Building Through Neotrusteeship: Kosovo and East Timor in Comparative Perspective
by Howard, Lise Morjé
- 125 Industrial Policy and Development in Ethiopia: Evolution and Present Experimentation
by Gebreeyesus, Mulu
- 124 Foreign Capital Inflow and Economic Growth in Cameroon
by Fambon, Samuel
- 123 Aid and Environment in Ghana
by Twerefou, Daniel Kwabena
- 122 Aid and Governance in Vulnerable States: Bangladesh and Pakistan Since 1971
by Khan, Mushtaq H.
- 121 Aid and State Transition in Ghana and South Korea
by Kim, Jiyoung
- 120 South Sudan's Capability Trap : Building a State with Disruptive Innovation
by Larson, Greg & Pritchett, Lant & Ajak, Peter Biar
- 119 Another Look at Foreign Aid
by Ranis, Gustav
- 118 Determinants of Foreign Aid in Family Planning: How Relevant is the Mexico City Policy?
by Asiedu, Elizabeth & Nanivazo, Malokele & Nkusu, Mwanza
- 117 Explaining Positive Deviance in Public Sector Reforms in Development
by Andrews, Matt
- 116 International Aid to Southern Europe in the Early Post-War Period: the Cases of Greece and Italy
by Sotiropoulos, Dimitri A.
- 115 Social Transfer Programmes and School Enrolment in Malawi: a Micro-Simulation
by Nanivazo, Malokele
- 114 Liberia's Gender-Sensitive Police Reform: Starting from Scratch? Improving Representation and Responsiveness
by Bacon, Laura M.
- 113 Impact Assessment of the Facilitadores Judiciales Programme in Nicaragua
by Barendrecht, Maurits & Frishman, Morly & Gramatikov, Martin & Kokke, Margot & Morales, Andrea & Porter, Robert
- 112 The National Solidarity Programme: Assessing the Effects of Community-Driven Development in Afghanistan
by Beath, Andrew & Christia, Fotini & Enikolopov, Ruben
- 111 Overcoming the Limits of Institutional Reform in Uganda
by Andrews, Matt & Bategeka, Lawrence
- 110 Trends and Patterns of Land Use Change and International Aid in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Guo, Zhe & Kato, Edward & Koo, Jawoo & Nkonya, Ephraim
- 109 Foreign Aid and Sustainable Forestry
by Kauppi, Pekka E.
- 108 Intervention, Aid, and Institution-Building in Iraq and Afghanistan: A Review and Critique of Comparative Lessons
by Monten, Jonathan
- 107 Land, Environment and Climate: Contributing to the Global Public Good
by Hertel, Thomas W.
- 106 The Political Economy Dimensions of Macroeconomic Management of Aid in Ghana
by Asem, Freda & Domfe, George & Osei, Robert
- 105 Multiple Pathways to Gender-Sensitive Budget Support in the Education Sector: Analysing the Effectiveness of Sex-Disaggregated Indicators in Performance Assessment Frameworks and Gender Working Groups in (Education) Budget Support to Sub-Saharan Africa Countries
by Holvoet, Nathalie & Inberg, Liesbeth
- 104 Foreign Aid and the Failure of State Building in Haiti Under the Duvaliers, Aristide, Préval, and Martelly
by Buss, Terry F.
- 103 Foreign Aid and Mobilization of Growth Factors in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Yogo, Thierry Urbain & Mallaye, Douzounet
- 102 Foreign Aid, Resource Rents and Institution-Building in Mozambique and Angola
by Le Billon, Philippe & Pérez Niño, Helena
- 101 A Timeseries Analysis of the Impact of Foreign Aid on Central Government's Fiscal Budget in Uganda
by Bwire, Thomas & Lloyd, Tim & Morrissey, Oliver
- 100 Foreign Aid and Sustainable Fisheries Management in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Akpalu, Wisdom
- 099 A Review of External Assistance and Aid Effectiveness for Maternal and Child Health: Challenges and Opportunities
by Aleem, Samia & Bhutta, Zulfiqar A.
- 098 Agricultural Commodity Price Shocks and Their Effect on Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Addison, Tony & Ghoshray, Atanu
- 097 Ordinal Multidimensional Inequality
by Sonne-Schmidt, Christoffer & Tarp, Finn & Østerdal, Lars Peter
- 096 Using Case Studies to Explore the External Validity of 'Complex' Development Interventions
by Woolcock, Michael
- 095 The World Bank's Health Projects in Timor-Leste : the Political Economy of Effective Aid
by Bremner, Sharna & Rosser, Andrew
- 094 Foreign Aid, Public Sector and Private Consumption: A Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Approach
by Bwire, Thomas & Lloyd, Tim & Morrissey, Oliver
- 093 Foreign Aid and Sustainable Energy
by Gómez-Echeverri, Luis
- 092 Who Really Leads Development?
by Andrews, Matt
- 091 How Do Governments Become Great? Ten Cases, Two Competing Explanations, One Large Research Agenda
by Andrews, Matt
- 090 The Real Exchange Rate, Foreign Aid and Macroeconomic Transmission Mechanisms in Tanzania and Ghana
by Juselius, Katarina & Reshid, Abdulaziz & Tarp, Finn
- 089 Consociational Settlements and Reconstruction: Bosnia in Comparative Perspective, 1995-Present
by Stroschein, Sherrill
- 088 Universal Access to Drinking Water: The Role of Aid
by Bain, Robert & Bartram, Jamie & Luyendijk, Rolf
- 087 What Do We Know About Non-Clinical Interventions for Preventable and Treatable Childhood Diseases in Developing Countries?
by Niño-Zarazúa, Miguel & Seguin, Maureen
- 086 Children's Endowment, Schooling, and Work in Ethiopia
by Dendir, Seife
- 085 Aid and Development in Taiwan, South Korea, and South Vietnam
by Gray, Kevin
- 084 Foreign Aid for Capacity-Building to Address Climate Change: Insights and Applications
by Victor, David G.
- 083 Aid, Accountability, and Institution-Building in Ethiopia: a Comparative Analysis of Donor Practice
by Abegaz, Berhanu
- 082 A Graphical Approximation to Generalization: Definitions and Diagrams
by Martel García, Fernando & Wantchekon, Leonard
- 081 Foreign Aid and Sustainable Agriculture in Africa
by Elgizouli, Ismail & Umbadda, Siddig
- 080 Delivering Good Aid in Hard Places: The Yemen Social Fund for Development Approach
by Al-Iryani, Lamis & de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth
- 079 Gesture Politics or Real Commitment? Gender Inequality and the Allocation of Aid
by Dreher, Axel & Gehring, Kai & Klasen, Stephan
- 078 The Rise and Fall of Decentralization in Contemporary Uganda
by Green, Elliott
- 077 What Can Experiments Tell Us About How to Improve Governance?
by Niño-Zarazúa, Miguel & Gisselquist, Rachel M.
- 076 Non-Traditional Aid and Gender Equity: Evidence from Million Dollar Donations
by Osili, Una Okonkwo
- 075 The Progressivity and Regressivity of Aid to the Social Sectors
by Baulch, Bob & Tam, Le Vi An
- 074 The Effectiveness of Foreign Aid to Women?s Equality Organizations in the MENA : Does Aid Promote Women's Political Participation?
by Baliamoune-Lutz, Mina
- 073 The Hard Challenge of Aid Co-Ordination
by Bourguignon, François & Platteau, Jean-Philippe
- 072 Assessing Foreign Aid's Long-Run Contribution to Growth in Development
by Arndt, Channing & Jones, Sam & Tarp, Finn
- 071 The Impact of Climate Change on Wind and Solar Resources in Southern Africa
by Fant, Charles & Schlosser, C. Adam
- 070 Policy Process and Food Price Crisis: a Framework for Analysis and Lessons from Country Studies
by Babu, Suresh Chandra
- 069 Aid and Income: Another Time-Series Perspective
by Lof, Matthijs & Tarp, Finn & Mekasha, Tseday Jemaneh
- 068 Evaluating Governance Indexes: Critical and Less Critical Questions
by Gisselquist, Rachel M.
- 067 Characterizing Wind Power Resource Reliability in Southern Africa
by Fant, Charles & Gunturu, Udaya Bhaskar
- 066 Impact of Sectoral Allocation of Foreign Aid on Gender equity and Human Development
by Ndikumana, Léonce & Pickbourn, Lynda
- 065 Class Size Versus Class Composition: What Matters for Learning in East Africa?
by Jones, Sam
- 064 The Impact of Adult Civic Education Programmes in Developing Democracies
by Finkel, Steven E.
- 063 A Capable State in Afghanistan: A Building Without a Foundation?
by de Weijer, Frauke
- 062 Global Poverty, Aid, and Middle-Income Countries: Are the Country Classifications Moribund or is Global Poverty in the Process of 'Nationalizing'?
by Sumner, Andy
- 061 International Co-Operation for Agricultural Development and Food and Nutrition Security: New Institutional Arrangements for Related Public Goods
by von Braun, Joachim
- 060 Prioritizing Rural Investments in Africa: A Hybrid Evaluation Approach Applied to Uganda
by Pauw, Karl & Thurlow, James
- 059 The Global Partnership for Inclusive Growth
by Huang, Yongfu & Quibria, M. G.
- 058 The Impacts of the Food, fuel and Financial Crises on Households in Nigeria: A Retrospective Approach for Research Enquiry
by Niño-Zarazúa, Miguel & Chiripanhura, Blessing M.
- 057 The Global Partnership for Sustainable Development
by Huang, Yongfu & Quibria, M. G.
- 056 Green Growth: Theory and Evidence
by Huang, Yongfu & Quibria, M. G.
- 055 The Effectiveness of Foreign Aid for Sustainable Energy
by Rogner, Hans-Holger
- 054 Leveraging Global Climate Finance for Sustainable Forests : Opportunities and Conditions for Successful Foreign Aid to the Forestry Sector
by Garmendia, Eneko & Ojea, Elena & Pascual, Unai & Phelps, Jacob
- 053 Advancing Small Area Estimation
by Arndt, Channing & Salvucci, Vincenzo & Tarp, Finn & Østerdal, Lars Peter & Hussain, M. Azhar
- 052 Optimum Fisheries Management Under Climate Variability: Evidence from Artisanal Marine Fishing in Ghana
by Akpalu, Wisdom & Dasmani, Isaac & Normanyo, Ametefee K.
- 051 Foreign Aid, Urbanization and Green Cities
by Li, Jun
- 050 Political Economy Synthesis: the Food Policy Crisis
by Watson, Derrill D.
- 049 Donor Coordination for Effective Government Policies? Implementation of the New Aid Effectiveness Agenda in Health and Education in Zambia
by Leiderer, Stefan
- 048 Foreign Aid, Green Cities and Buildings
by Kablan, Sandrine
- 047 Financing Sustainable Agriculture Under Climate Change with a Specific Focus on Foreign Aid
by Huang, Jikun
- 046 Foreign Aid for Climate Change Related Capacity Building
by Chen, Zexian & He, Jingjing
- 045 Jobs and Welfare in Mozambique
by Jones, Sam & Tarp, Finn
- 044 Foreign Aid and Decentralization: Policies for Autonomy and Programming for Responsiveness
by Dickovick, J. Tyler
- 043 The Challenge Fund Aid Modality: Assessing the Potential for Tackling Gender Challenges in Development
by Gulrajani, Nilima
- 042 Climate Uncertainty and Economic Development: Evaluating the Case of Mozambique to 2050
by Arndt, Channing & Thurlow, James
- 041 Infrastructure and Climate Change: Impacts and Adaptations for the Zambezi River Valley
by Strzepek, Kenneth & Strzepek, Niko & Schweikert, Amy E. & Chinowsky, Paul S.
- 040 Regional Climate Change of the Greater Zambezi River Basin: A Hybrid Assessment
by Strzepek, Kenneth & Schlosser, C. Adam
- 039 Impact of Climate Change on Crops, Irrigation and Hydropower in the Zambezi River Basin
by Fant, Charles & Gebretsadik, Yohannes & Strzepek, Kenneth
- 038 The Political Economy of Food Pricing Policy in China
by Huang, Jikun & Rozelle, Scott & Yang, Jun
- 037 The Political Economy of Food Price Policy: Country Case Study of Mozambique
by Massingarela, Cláudio & Nhate, Virgulino & Salvucci, Vincenzo
- 036 Assessing the Risk of Cyclone-Induced Storm Surge and Sea Level Rise in Mozambique
by Ravela, Sai & Verly, Caroleen & Ludwig, Lindsay C. & Neumann, James E. & Emanuel, Kerry A.
- 035 The Political Economy of Food Price Policy: the Case of Rice Prices in Vietnam
by Talbot, Theodore & Nguyen, Manh Hai
- 034 The Political Economy of Food Price Policy: the Case Study of India
by Ganguly, Kavery & Gulati, Ashok
- 033 US Policy Contributions to Agricultural Commodity Price Fluctuations, 2006-12
by de Gorter, Harry & Rausser, Gordon C.
- 032 Food Price Volatility and EU Policies
by Knops, Louise & van Herck, Kristine & Swinnen, Johan F. M.
- 031 International to Domestic Price Transmission in Fourteen Developing Countries During the 2007-08 Food Crisis
by Baltzer, Kenneth
- 030 Dealing with the 2007/08 Global Food Price Crisis: the Political Economy of Food Price Policy in Malawi
by Chinsinga, Blessings & Chirwa, Ephraim W.
- 029 A Cacophony of Policy Responses: Evidence from Fourteen Countries During the 2007/08 Food Price Crisis
by Bryan, Shane
- 028 Entrepreneurship and Violent Conflict in Developing Countries
by Brück, Tilman & Naudé, Wim & Verwimp, Philip
- 027 Achieving Development Success: Strategies and Lessons from the Developing World
by Fosu, Augustin Kwasi
- 026 The Political Economy of Food Price Policy: the Case of Kenya
by Nzuma, Jonathan Makau
- 025 Every Drop Counts: Assessing Aid for Water and Sanitation
by Anand, Prathivadi Bhayankaram
- 024 Ancillary Experiments: Opportunities and Challenges
by Baldwin, Kate & Bhavnani, Rikhil R.
- 023 Measuring Government Performance in Public Opinion Surveys in Africa: Towards Experiments?
by Bratton, Michael
- 022 Africa-Brazil Co-Operation in Social Protection: Drivers, Lessons and Shifts in the Engagement of the Brazilian Ministry of Social Development
by Pomeroy, Melissa & Suyama, Bianca & Leite, Iara
- 021 Making Aid Work for Education in Developing Countries: an Analysis of Aid Effectiveness for Primary Education Coverage and Quality
by Birchler, Kassandra & Michaelowa, Katharina
- 020 Aid and Poverty: Why Does Aid Not Address Poverty (Much)?
by Bishop, Sylvia & Shepherd, Andrew
- 019 The European Investment Bank: Lessons for Developing Countries
by Griffith-Jones, Stephany & Tyson, Judith
- 018 International Organizations and the Future of Education Assistance
by Lee, Bommi & Heyneman, Stephen P.
- 017 Assessing the Effectiveness of World Bank Investments: the Gender Dimension
by Lauterbach, Claire & Zuckerman, Elaine
- 016 The Political Economy of Food Price Policy in Nigeria
by Olomola, Aderibigbe S.
- 015 Personalistic Policy-Making in a Vibrant Democracy: Senegal's Fragmented Response to the 2007/08 Food price Crisis
by Resnick, Danielle
- 014 Aid for Agriculture and Rural Development: a Changing Landscape with New Players and Challenges
by Chimhowu, Admos
- 013 Policing Reforms and Economic Development in African States: Empowering Change
by Marenin, Otwin