The purchasing power parity puzzle is worse than you think
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rodolfo Cermeño, 2007. "Median-Unbiased Estimation in Panel Data: Methodology and Applications to the GDP Convergence and Purchasing Power Parity Hypotheses," Working papers DTE 407, CIDE, División de Economía.
- Saadet Kasman & Adnan Kasman & Duygu Ayhan, 2010. "Testing the Purchasing Power Parity Hypothesis for the New Member and Candidate Countries of the European Union: Evidence from Lagrange Multiplier Unit Root Tests with Structural Breaks," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(2), pages 53-65, March.
- Georg H. Strasser, 2010.
"The Efficiency of the Global Markets for Final Goods and Productive Capabilities,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
766, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 31 Jan 2012.
- Georg Strasser, 2011. "The Efficiency of the Global Markets for Final Goods and Productive Capabilities," 2011 Meeting Papers 576, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Michał Markun & Anna Mospan, 2015. "Stationarity and persistence of the term premia in the Polish money market," NBP Working Papers 227, Narodowy Bank Polski, Economic Research Department.
- Kutan, Ali M. & Zhou, Su, 2015. "PPP may hold better than you think: Smooth breaks and non-linear mean reversion in real effective exchange rates," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 358-366.
- Michele Ca’ Zorzi & Jakub Muck & Michal Rubaszek, 2016.
"Real Exchange Rate Forecasting and PPP: This Time the Random Walk Loses,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 585-609, July.
- Ca' Zorzi, Michele & Rubaszek, Michał & Muck, Jakub, 2013. "Real exchange rate forecasting: a calibrated half-life PPP model can beat the random walk," Working Paper Series 1576, European Central Bank.
- Ca'Zorzi, Michele & Muck, Jakub & Rubaszek, Michal, 2015. "Real exchange rate forecasting and ppp: this time the random walk loses," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 229, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- repec:eee:intfin:v:49:y:2017:i:c:p:15-31 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ahmad, Yamin & Craighead, William D., 2011.
"Temporal aggregation and purchasing power parity persistence,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 817-830, September.
- Yamin Ahmad & William Craighead, 2010. "Temporal Aggregation and Purchasing Power Parity Persistence," Working Papers 10-01, UW-Whitewater, Department of Economics, revised Feb 2011.
- Yamin Ahmad & William D. Craighead, 2011. "Temporal Aggregation and Purchasing Power Parity Persistence," Wesleyan Economics Working Papers 2011-001, Wesleyan University, Department of Economics.
- Shiu-Sheng Chen & Charles Engel, 2005. "Does 'Aggregation Bias' Explain The Ppp Puzzle?," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 49-72, February.
- Dimitrios Malliaropulos & Ekaterini Panopoulou & Theologos Pantelidis & Nikitas Pittis, 2013. "Decomposing the persistence of real exchange rates," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 1217-1242, June.
- Woo, Kai-Yin & Lee, Shu-Kam, 2009. "Detecting intra-national PPP model in China: A median-unbiased estimation approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 1029-1032, September.
- Zhou, Su & Kutan, Ali M., 2011. "Is the evidence for PPP reliable? A sustainability examination of the stationarity of real exchange rates," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 2479-2490, September.
- M. Dolores Gadea & Laura Mayoral, 2009. "Aggregation is not the solution: the PPP puzzle strikes back," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(6), pages 875-894.
- Jean Imbs & Haroon Mumtaz & Morten O. Ravn & Hélène Rey, 2005.
"PPP Strikes Back: Aggregation And the Real Exchange Rate,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 120(1), pages 1-43.
- Jean Imbs & Haroon Mumtaz & Morton O. Ravn & Helene Rey, 2002. "PPP Strikes Back: Aggregation and the Real Exchange Rate," NBER Working Papers 9372, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jean Imbs & Haroon Mumtaz & Morten O. Ravn & Helene Rey, 2003. "PPP Strikes Back: Aggregation and the Real Exchange Rate," IEHAS Discussion Papers 0307, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Imbs, Jean & Mumtaz, Haroon & Ravn, Morten O & Rey, Hélène, 2003. "PPP Strikes Back: Aggregation and the Real Exchange Rate," CEPR Discussion Papers 3715, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Haroon Mumtaz & Jean Imbs & Morten O. Ravn & Helene Rey, 2003. "PPP Strikes Back; Aggregation and the Real Exchange Rate," IMF Working Papers 03/68, International Monetary Fund.
- Jean Imbs & Haroon Mumtaz & Morten O. Ravn & Helene Rey, 2005. "PPP Strikes Back: Aggregation and the Real Exchange Rate," Post-Print hal-00612581, HAL.
- Christian Dreger & Eric Girardin, 2007. "Does the Nominal Exchange Rate Regime Affect the Long Run Properties of Real Exchange Rates?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 746, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Smallwood, Aaron D., 2008. "Measuring the persistence of deviations from purchasing power parity with a fractionally integrated STAR model," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(7), pages 1161-1176, November.
- BASSINO, Jean-Pascal & ENG, Pierre van der, 2016. "Asia's 'Little Divergence' in the 20th Century: Evidence from PPP-based direct estimates of GDP per capita, 1913-1969," Discussion paper series HIAS-E-28, Hitotsubashi Institute for Advanced Study, Hitotsubashi University.
- Hyeongwoo Kim & Young-Kyu Moh, 2009. "On the Importance of Span of the Data in Univariate Estimation of the Persistence in Real Exchange Rates," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(1), pages 129-140.
- Laura Mayoral & Maria Dolores Gadea, 2009.
"Analyzing aggregate real exchange rate persistence through the lens of sectoral data,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
787.09, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Laura Mayoral & María Dolores Gadea, 2009. "Analyzing aggregate real exchange rate persistence through the lens of sectoral data," Working Papers 399, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Jayasuriya, Sisira & Kim, Jae H. & Kumar, Parmod, 2007. "International and Internal Market Integration in Indian agriculture: A study of the Indian Rice Market," 106th Seminar, October 25-27, 2007, Montpellier, France 7935, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- García Enríquez, Javier & Arteche González, Jesús María & Murillas Maza, Arantza, 2010. "Fractional Integration Analysis and its Implications on Profitability: the Case of the Mackerel Market in the Basque Country," BILTOKI 2010-06, Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Economía Aplicada III (Econometría y Estadística).
- Kim, Jae H. & Ji, Philip Inyeob, 2011. "Mean-reversion in international real interest rates," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 1959-1966, July.
- Tsong, Ching-Chuan & Lee, Cheng-Feng, 2011. "Asymmetric inflation dynamics: Evidence from quantile regression analysis," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 668-680.
- Kim, Jae H. & Silvapulle, Param & Hyndman, Rob J., 2007.
"Half-life estimation based on the bias-corrected bootstrap: A highest density region approach,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 51(7), pages 3418-3432, April.
- Jae Kim & Param Silvapulle & Rob J. Hyndman, 2006. "Half-Life Estimation based on the Bias-Corrected Bootstrap: A Highest Density Region Approach," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 11/06, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Christian J. Murray & Hatice Ozer-Balli & David H. Papell, 2006. "PPP Persistence within Sectoral Real Exchange Rate Panels," Papers of the Annual IUE-SUNY Cortland Conference in Economics,in: Proceedings of the Conference on Human and Economic Resources, pages 388-398 Izmir University of Economics.
- Yihui Lan, 2003. "The Long-Term Behaviour of Exchange Rates, Part V: The Stationarity of Exchange Rates," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 03-09, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Par Osterholm, 2008. "A structural Bayesian VAR for model-based fan charts," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(12), pages 1557-1569.
- Seong, Byeongchan & Mahbub Morshed, A.K.M. & Ahn, Sung K., 2006. "Additional sources of bias in half-life estimation," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 2056-2064, December.
- Sofiane H. Sekioua, 2004. "Real interest parity (RIP) over the 20th century: New evidence based on confidence intervals for the dominant root and half-lives of shocks," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2004 91, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.