Are Small Firms Really Less Productive?
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fabio Pieri & Enrico Zaninotto, 2013.
"Vertical integration and efficiency: an application to the Italian machine tool industry,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 397-416, February.
- Fabio Pieri & Enrico Zaninotto, 2010. "Vertical Integration and Efficiency: an application to the Italian Machine Tool Industry," DISA Working Papers 1006, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised 24 Nov 2010.
- Fabio Pieri & Enrico Zaninotto, 2010. "The Impact of Vertical Integration and Outsourcing on Firm Efficiency: Evidence from the Italian Machine Tool Industry," DISA Working Papers 1001, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised 11 Mar 2010.
- Horácio C. Faustino & Joana C. Lima & Pedro Verga Matos, 2012. "Exports, Productivity and Innovation: Evidence from Portugal using micro data," Working Papers Department of Economics 2012/13, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Yang, Chih-Hai & Lin, Hui-Lin & Li, Hsiao-Yun, 2013. "Influences of production and R&D agglomeration on productivity: Evidence from Chinese electronics firms," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 162-178.
- Zulfiqar, Salyha, 2012. "Analyzing the Input Output Relationship of Small and Medium Enterprises in Pakistan: An Econometric Approach," MPRA Paper 50069, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kathuria, Vinish & Rajesh Raj, S.N. & Sen, Kunal, 2013. "The effects of economic reforms on manufacturing dualism: Evidence from India," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 1240-1262.
- Inha Oh & Almas Heshmati & Chulwoo Baek & Jeong‐Dong Lee, 2009.
"Comparative Analysis Of Plant Dynamics By Size: Korean Manufacturing,"
The Japanese Economic Review,
Japanese Economic Association, vol. 60(4), pages 512-538, December.
- Oh, Inha & Heshmati, Almas & Baek, Chulwoo & Lee, Jeong-Dong, 2006. "Comparative Analysis of Firm Dynamics by Size: Korean Manufacturing," Ratio Working Papers 94, The Ratio Institute.
- Amit Basole & Deepankar Basu & Rajesh Bhattacharya, 2014. "Determinants and Impact of Subcontracting: Evidence from India’s Informal Manufacturing Sector," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2014-04, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Robert Anderton & Barbara Jarmulska & Benedetta Di Lupidio, 2018. "Product market regulation, business churning and productivity: Evidence from the European Union countries," Discussion Papers 2018-12, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Burak Günalp & Seyit Cilasun, 2006. "Determinants of Entry in Turkish Manufacturing Industries," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 275-287, October.
- Parker, Simon C, 2009. "Why do small firms produce the entrepreneurs?," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 484-494, June.
- Guimarães Barbosa, Evaldo, 2016. "The relationships between, on the hand, size, growth and age of the firm and, on the other hand, small business survival – a constructive critique and a proposal of a new framework," MPRA Paper 72111, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Le, Viet & Vu, Xuan-Binh (Benjamin) & Nghiem, Son, 2018. "Technical efficiency of small and medium manufacturing firms in Vietnam: A stochastic meta-frontier analysis," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 84-91.
- M.A. Carree & A.R. Thurik, 2008.
"The Lag Structure of the Impact of Business Ownership on Economic Performance in OECD Countries,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 101-110, January.
- Carree, M.A. & Thurik, A.R., 2006. "The Lag Structure of the Impact of Business Ownership on Economic Performance in OECD Countries," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2006-064-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Martin Carree & Roy Thurik, 2006. "The Lag Structure of the Impact of Business Ownership on Eco-nomic Performance in OECD Countries," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2006-02, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Tsou, Meng-Wen & Yang, Chih-Hai, 2019. "Does gender structure affect firm productivity? Evidence from China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 19-36.
- Mari Maté-Sánchez-Val & Antonia Madrid-Guijarro, 2011. "A spatial efficiency index proposal: an empirical application to SMEs productivity," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 47(2), pages 353-371, October.
- Alexander Schiersch, 2013. "Firm size and efficiency in the German mechanical engineering industry," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 335-350, February.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & J. Augusto FelÃcio & Renato Leite Fernandes, 2012. "Productivity analysis of Brazilian seaports," Maritime Policy & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(5), pages 503-523, September.
- Amit Basole & Deepankar Basu & Rajesh Bhattacharya, 2014. "Determinants and Impact of Subcontracting: Evidence from Indiaâ€™s Informal Manufacturing Sector," Working Papers 2014_08, University of Massachusetts Boston, Economics Department.
- Coad, Alex & Segarra, Agustí & Teruel, Mercedes, 2016.
"Innovation and firm growth: Does firm age play a role?,"
Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 387-400.
- Coad, Alex & Segarra Blasco, Agustí, 1958- & Teruel, Mercedes, 2013. "Innovation and firm growth: Does firm age play a role?," Working Papers 2072/211886, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- JosÃ© O. Maldifassi & AgustÃn De la Cuesta W., 2016. "A two-stage process for explaining the relative efficiency of small and medium-size firms in Chile," International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 20(1/2), pages 99-116.
- Chih-Hai Yang & Ku-Hsieh Chen, 2009. "Are small firms less efficient?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 375-395, April.
- World Bank, 2011. "Turkey - Improving Conditions for SME Growth Finance and Innovation," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12211, The World Bank.
- Bascavusoglu-Moreau, Elif, 2010. "Entrepreneurship and the National System of Innovation: What is Missing in Turkey?," WIDER Working Paper Series 054, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Sato, Yoshihiro & Ando, Michihito, 2017. "Does Assigning More Women to Managerial Positions Enhance Firm Productivity? Evidence from Sweden," EIJS Working Paper Series 242, Stockholm School of Economics, The European Institute of Japanese Studies.
- ŠEmsa ÖZAR & Gökhan ÖZERTAN & Zeynep Burcu İRFANOĞLU, 2008. "Micro And Small Enterprise Growth In Turkey: Under The Shadow Of Financial Crisis," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 46(4), pages 331-362, December.
- Erol Taymaz & Şule Özler, 2007. "Foreign Ownership, Competition, and Survival Dynamics," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 31(1), pages 23-42, August.
- Barrios García, J.A. & Morales González, B., 2009. "Forma de tenencia de la vivienda y nivel educativo de los hijos en España: Evidencia microeconométrica/," Estudios de Economia Aplicada, Estudios de Economia Aplicada, vol. 27, pages 287(30á)-28, Abril.
- Seyit Cilasun & Burak Günalp, 2012. "An Empirical Analysis of the Average Plant Start-Up Size in Turkish Manufacturing Industries," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 40(4), pages 273-289, June.
- Erol Taymaz & Ebru Voyvoda & Kamil Yilmaz, 2008. "Turkiye Imalat Sanayiinde Yapisal Dönüsüm ve Teknolojik Degisme Dinamikleri," ERC Working Papers 0804, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Jun 2008.
- Tran, Hien Thu, 2019. "Institutional quality and market selection in the transition to market economy," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1-1.
- repec:spr:empeco:v:55:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s00181-017-1312-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Riccardo Leoncini & Alberto Marzucchi & Sandro Montresor & Francesco Rentocchini & Ugo Rizzo, 2016. "‘Better late than never’: a longitudinal quantile regression approach to the interplay between green technology and age for firm growth," SEEDS Working Papers 0616, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised May 2016.
- Orive Serrano, Víctor & Latorre Martínez, Pilar & Artero Muñoz, Juan Pablo, 2016. "Measuring the technical effciency of public service broadcasters: An application of DEA in Spain || Midiendo la eficiencia técnica de los servicios públicos de televisión: una aplicación de DEA en Esp," Revista de Métodos Cuantitativos para la Economía y la Empresa = Journal of Quantitative Methods for Economics and Business Administration, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Quantitative Methods for Economics and Business Administration, vol. 21(1), pages 5-20, June.
- García, Francisco & Avella, Lucía & Fernández, Esteban, 2012. "Learning from exporting: The moderating effect of technological capabilities," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 1099-1111.
- Carlos M. F-Jardón, 2011. "Deployment of Core Competencies to obtain success in SMEs," Working Papers 1106, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
- Mariarosaria Agostino & Sabrina Ruberto & Francesco Trivieri, 2018. "Lasting lending relationships and technical efficiency. Evidence on European SMEs," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 25-40, October.
- Barros, Carlos Pestana & Garcia-del-Barrio, Pedro, 2008. "Efficiency measurement of the English football Premier League with a random frontier model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 994-1002, September.