Citations for "Rationalizing hyperbolic discounting"
by Azfar, Omar
- Holden, Stein, 2014. "Explaining anomalies in intertemporal choice: A mental zooming theory," CLTS Working Papers 2/14, Centre for Land Tenure Studies, Norwegian University of Life Sciences.
- Cruz Rambaud, Salvador & Muñoz Torrecillas, María José, 2007. "Obtención de la tasa social de descuento a partir de la tasa de fallo de una distribución estadística: Aplicación empírica/Obtaining the social discount rate from the hazard rate of a statistical dist," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 25, pages 49-82, Abril.
- Mark A. Moore & Anthony E. Boardman & Aidan R. Vining & David L. Weimer & David H. Greenberg, 2004. "“Just give me a number!” Practical values for the social discount rate," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(4), pages 789-812.
- Iverson, Terrence, 2012. "Optimal Carbon Taxes with Non-Constant Time Preference," MPRA Paper 43264, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marco Casari, 2009.
"Pre-commitment and flexibility in a time decision experiment,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 117-141, April.
- Casari, Marco, 2006. "Pre-Commitment and Flexibility in a Time Decision Experiment," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1183, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Huang, Yeu-Shiang & Wu, Hui-Chen, 2007. "A power law type of time preference on intertemporal choices," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 183(2), pages 718-728, December.
- Laurent Denant-Boèmont & Enrico Diecidue & Olivier L'Haridon, 2013. "Patience and Time Consistency in Collective Decisions," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201329, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Laurent Denant-Boemont & Enrico Diecidue & Olivier L'Haridon, 2016. "Patience and time consistency in collective decisions," Post-Print halshs-01306949, HAL.
- Jensen, Svenn & Traeger, Christian P., 2014. "Optimal climate change mitigation under long-term growth uncertainty: Stochastic integrated assessment and analytic findings," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 104-125.
- John Hartwick, 2008. "The Discount Rate and the Value of Remaining Years of Life," Working Papers 1191, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Winkler, Ralph, 2009. "Now or Never: Environmental Protection under Hyperbolic Discounting," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 3, pages 1-22.
- Ralph Winkler, 2006. "Now or Never: Environmental Protection under Hyperbolic Discounting," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 06/60, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Winkler, Ralph, 2009. "Now or Never: Environmental Protection under Hyperbolic Discounting," Economics Discussion Papers 2009-4, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Huang, Yeu-Shiang & Hsu, Chao-Ze, 2008. "An anticipative hyperbolic discount utility on intertemporal decision making," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 184(1), pages 281-290, January.
- repec:ubc:pmicro:yoram_halevy-2012-19 is not listed on IDEAS
- James Woods, 2003. "Evolution as Learning Yields Hyperbolic Discounting," GE, Growth, Math methods 0309001, EconWPA, revised 28 Dec 2003.
- Daniele Pennesi, 2015. "Uncertain discount and hyperbolic preferences," THEMA Working Papers 2015-02, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Sanghoon K Lee, 2015. "Disability Risk and Hyperbolic Discounting," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 35(1), pages 371-380.
- Holden, Stein & Quiggin, John, 2015. "Bounded awareness and anomalies in intertemporal choice: Google Earth as metaphor and model," Working Paper Series 13-2015, School of Economics and Business, Norwegian University of Life Sciences.
- Fujii, Tomoki & Karp, Larry, 2008. "Numerical analysis of non-constant pure rate of time preference: A model of climate policy," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 83-101, July.
- Christian Traeger, 2014. "Why uncertainty matters: discounting under intertemporal risk aversion and ambiguity," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 56(3), pages 627-664, August.
- Nir, A., 2004. "Cognitive Procedures and Hyperbolic Discounting," Discussion Paper 2004-47, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Marco Casari & Davide Dragone, 2015. "Choice reversal without temptation: A dynamic experiment on time preferences," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 50(2), pages 119-140, April.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Hamilton, Stephen F., 2012. "Obesity and Hyperbolic Discounting: An Experimental Analysis," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 37(2), August.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Hamilton, Stephen F. & Pofahl, Geoffrey M., 2010. "Obesity and Hyperbolic Discounting: An Experimental Analysis," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61186, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Hamilton, Stephen F. & Pofahl, Geoffrey M., 2010. "Obesity And Hyperbolic Discounting: An Experimental Analysis," 115th Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, September 15-17, 2010, Freising-Weihenstephan, Germany 116410, European Association of Agricultural Economists;Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Settle, Chad & Shogren, Jason F., 2004. "Hyperbolic discounting and time inconsistency in a native-exotic species conflict," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 255-274, June.
- Xavier Gabaix & David Laibson, 2017. "Myopia and Discounting," NBER Working Papers 23254, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gabaix, Xavier & Laibson, David, 2017. "Myopia and Discounting," CEPR Discussion Papers 11914, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lazaro, Angelina & Barberan, Ramon & Rubio, Encarnacion, 2002. "The discounted utility model and social preferences:: Some alternative formulations to conventional discounting," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 317-337, June.
- Halevy, Yoram, 2004. "Diminishing Impatience: Disentangling Time Preference from Uncertain Lifetime," Microeconomics.ca working papers halevy-04-10-29-09-59-47, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 25 Feb 2014.
- Yoram Halevy, 2004. "Diminishing Impatience: Disentangling Time Preference from Uncertain Lifetime," Levine's Bibliography 122247000000000185, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Hartwick, John M., 2012. "The discount rate and the value of remaining years of life," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 114(1), pages 51-53.
- Schwarz, Mordechai E. & Sheshinski, Eytan, 2007. "Quasi-hyperbolic discounting and social security systems," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 51(5), pages 1247-1262, July.
- Marco Casari & Davide Dragone, 2010. "Impatience, Anticipatory Feelings and Uncertainty: A Dynamic Experiment on Time Preferences," Jena Economic Research Papers 2010-087, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- M. Casari & D. Dragone, 2011. "Impatience, Anticipatory Feelings and Uncertainty: A Dynamic Experiment on Time Preferences," Working Papers wp777, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Casari, Marco & Dragone, Davide, 2011. "Impatience, Anticipatory Feelings and Uncertainty:A Dynamic Experiment on Time Preferences," AICCON Working Papers 80-2011, Associazione Italiana per la Cultura della Cooperazione e del Non Profit.
- Winkler, Ralph, 2006. "Does 'better' discounting lead to 'worse' outcomes in long-run decisions? The dilemma of hyperbolic discounting," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(4), pages 573-582, June.
- Marc St-Pierre, 2017. "Risk-induced discounting," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 82(1), pages 13-30, January.
- Dorje C. Brody & Lane P. Hughston, 2013. "Social Discounting and the Long Rate of Interest," Papers 1306.5145, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2015.
- Peeters R.J.A.P. & Méder Z.Z. & Flesch J., 2014. "Naiveté and sophistication in dynamic inconsistency," Research Memorandum 005, Maastricht University, Graduate School of Business and Economics (GSBE).