Volatility forecasting without data-snooping
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Novkovska, Blagica & Serafimovic, Gordana, 2018. "Recognizing The Vulnerability Of Generation Z To Economic And Social Risks," UTMS Journal of Economics, University of Tourism and Management, Skopje, Macedonia, vol. 9(1), pages 29-37.
- Yang, Jianlei & Yang, Chunpeng, 2021. "Economic policy uncertainty, COVID-19 lockdown, and firm-level volatility: Evidence from China," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 68(C).
- Brailsford, Timothy J. & Faff, Robert W., 1996. "An evaluation of volatility forecasting techniques," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 419-438, April.
- Taufiq Choudhry & Hao Wu, 2008. "Forecasting ability of GARCH vs Kalman filter method: evidence from daily UK time-varying beta," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(8), pages 670-689.
- Mircea ASANDULUI, 2012. "A Multi-Horizon Comparison Of Volatility Forecasts: An Application To Stock Options Traded At Euronext Exchange Amsterdam," Review of Economic and Business Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 10, pages 179-190, December.
- Shiyi Chen & Wolfgang K. Härdle & Kiho Jeong, 2010. "Forecasting volatility with support vector machine-based GARCH model," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(4), pages 406-433.
- Manh Ha Nguyen & Olivier Darné, 2018. "Forecasting and risk management in the Vietnam Stock Exchange," Working Papers halshs-01679456, HAL.
- Lux, Thomas & Kaizoji, Taisei, 2007.
"Forecasting volatility and volume in the Tokyo Stock Market: Long memory, fractality and regime switching,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1808-1843, June.
- Lux, Thomas & Kaizoji, Taisei, 2006. "Forecasting volatility and volume in the Tokyo stock market: Long memory, fractality and regime switching," Economics Working Papers 2006-13, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Bley, Jorg, 2011. "Are GCC stock markets predictable?," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 217-237, September.
- Angelovska, Julijana & Ivanovski, Zoran, 2018. "Accuracy In Risk Estimation Based On Simple Sma And Ewma Models:Evidence From Macedonian Stock Market," UTMS Journal of Economics, University of Tourism and Management, Skopje, Macedonia, vol. 9(1), pages 17-27.
- Dimson, Elroy & Marsh, Paul, 1997. "Stress tests of capital requirements," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(11-12), pages 1515-1546, December.
- Twm Evans & David McMillan, 2007. "Volatility forecasts: the role of asymmetric and long-memory dynamics and regional evidence," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(17), pages 1421-1430.
- Ezzat, Hassan, 2012. "The Application of GARCH and EGARCH in Modeling the Volatility of Daily Stock Returns During Massive Shocks: The Empirical Case of Egypt," MPRA Paper 50530, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gita Persand & Chris Brooks, 2003. "Volatility forecasting for risk management," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(1), pages 1-22.
- Ercan Balaban & Asli Bayar & Robert Faff, 2006. "Forecasting stock market volatility: Further international evidence," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 171-188.
- Nakovski, Dejan & Milenkovski, Ace & Gjorgievski, Mijalce, 2018. "Indicators For Defining The Emitting Areas In Tourism," UTMS Journal of Economics, University of Tourism and Management, Skopje, Macedonia, vol. 9(1), pages 39-48.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/2138 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stephen A. Gorman & Frank J. Fabozzi, 2021. "The ABC’s of the alternative risk premium: academic roots," Journal of Asset Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 22(6), pages 405-436, October.
- David Walsh & Glenn Yu-Gen Tsou, 1998. "Forecasting index volatility: sampling interval and non-trading effects," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(5), pages 477-485.
- Torben G. Andersen & Tim Bollerslev, 1997. "Answering the Critics: Yes, ARCH Models Do Provide Good Volatility Forecasts," NBER Working Papers 6023, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eugenie Hol & Siem Jan Koopman, 2000. "Forecasting the Variability of Stock Index Returns with Stochastic Volatility Models and Implied Volatility," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 00-104/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Lux, Thomas & Kaizoji, Taisei, 2004. "Forecasting volatility and volume in the Tokyo stock market: The advantage of long memory models," Economics Working Papers 2004-05, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Carol Alexander, 2000. "Orthogonal Methods for Generating Large Positive Semi-Definite Covariance Matrices," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2000-06, Henley Business School, University of Reading.
- Strobel, Marcus & Auer, Benjamin R., 2018. "Does the predictive power of variable moving average rules vanish over time and can we explain such tendencies?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 168-184.
- Weerakkody, Vishanth & Sivarajah, Uthayasankar & Mahroof, Kamran & Maruyama, Takao & Lu, Shan, 2021. "Influencing subjective well-being for business and sustainable development using big data and predictive regression analysis," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 520-538.
- Matei, Marius, 2010. "Risk analysis in the evaluation of the international investment opportunities. Advances in modelling and forecasting volatility for risk assessment purposes," Working Papers of Institute for Economic Forecasting 100201, Institute for Economic Forecasting.
- Sharma, Prateek & Vipul,, 2016. "Forecasting stock market volatility using Realized GARCH model: International evidence," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 222-230.
- David McMillan & Alan Speight & Owain Apgwilym, 2000. "Forecasting UK stock market volatility," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 435-448.
- Shan Lu, 2019. "Testing the Predictive Ability of Corridor Implied Volatility Under GARCH Models," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, vol. 26(2), pages 129-168, June.
- Brooks, C. & Clare, A. D. & Persand, G., 2000. "A word of caution on calculating market-based minimum capital risk requirements," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(10), pages 1557-1574, October.
- Ezzat, Hassan, 2012. "The Application of GARCH Methods in Modeling Volatility Using Sector Indices from the Egyptian Exchange," MPRA Paper 51584, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Frimpong, Joseph Magnus & Oteng-Abayie, Eric Fosu, 2006. "Modelling and Forecasting Volatility of Returns on the Ghana Stock Exchange Using GARCH Models," MPRA Paper 593, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 07 Oct 2006.
- Blair, Bevan J. & Poon, Ser-Huang & Taylor, Stephen J., 2001. "Forecasting S&P 100 volatility: the incremental information content of implied volatilities and high-frequency index returns," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 5-26, November.
- Taufiq Choudhry & Hao Wu, 2009. "Forecasting the weekly time-varying beta of UK firms: GARCH models vs. Kalman filter method," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 437-444.
- Alok Pandey & Surya Bhushan Kumar, 2011. "Volatility Transmission from Global Stock Exchanges to India," Vision, , vol. 15(4), pages 347-360, December.