Control of the False Discovery Rate under Dependence using the Bootstrap and Subsampling
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Joseph Romano & Azeem Shaikh & Michael Wolf, 2008. "Control of the false discovery rate under dependence using the bootstrap and subsampling," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 17(3), pages 417-442, November.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yoav Benjamini & Abba M. Krieger & Daniel Yekutieli, 2006. "Adaptive linear step-up procedures that control the false discovery rate," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 93(3), pages 491-507, September.
- Romano, Joseph P. & Wolf, Michael, 2001.
"Improved nonparametric confidence intervals in time series regressions,"
DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS
ws010201, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Joseph P. Romano & Michael Wolf, 2006. "Improved Nonparametric Confidence Intervals in Time Series Regressions," IEW - Working Papers 273, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Joseph P. Romano & Michael Wolf, 2002. "Improved nonparametric confidence intervals in time series regressions," Economics Working Papers 635, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Romano, Joseph P. & Shaikh, Azeem M. & Wolf, Michael, 2008.
"Formalized Data Snooping Based On Generalized Error Rates,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(02), pages 404-447, April.
- Joseph P & Romano & Azeem M. Shaikh & Michael Wolf, 2005. "Formalized Data Snooping Based on Generalized Error Rates," IEW - Working Papers 259, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- van der Laan Mark J. & Dudoit Sandrine & Pollard Katherine S., 2004. "Augmentation Procedures for Control of the Generalized Family-Wise Error Rate and Tail Probabilities for the Proportion of False Positives," Statistical Applications in Genetics and Molecular Biology, De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-27, June.
- Abramovich, Felix & Benjamini, Yoav, 1996. "Adaptive thresholding of wavelet coefficients," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 351-361, August.
- Joseph P. Romano & Azeem M. Shaikh & Michael Wolf, 2010. "multiple testing," The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Joe, Harry, 2006. "Generating random correlation matrices based on partial correlations," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(10), pages 2177-2189, November.
- John D. Storey & Jonathan E. Taylor & David Siegmund, 2004. "Strong control, conservative point estimation and simultaneous conservative consistency of false discovery rates: a unified approach," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 66(1), pages 187-205.
- Andrews, Donald W K & Monahan, J Christopher, 1992.
"An Improved Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator,"
Econometric Society, vol. 60(4), pages 953-966, July.
- Donald W.K. Andrews & Christopher J. Monahan, 1990. "An Improved Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 942, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Miecznikowski, Jeffrey C. & Gold, David & Shepherd, Lori & Liu, Song, 2011. "Deriving and comparing the distribution for the number of false positives in single step methods to control k-FWER," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(11), pages 1695-1705, November.
- Bajgrowicz, Pierre & Scaillet, Olivier, 2012.
"Technical trading revisited: False discoveries, persistence tests, and transaction costs,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 106(3), pages 473-491.
- Pierre Bajgrowicz & Olivier Scaillet, 2007. "Technical Trading Revisited: False Discoveries, Persistence Tests, and Transaction Costs," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 08-05, Swiss Finance Institute, revised Jul 2009.
- Joseph P. Romano & Michael Wolf, 2008. "Balanced Control of Generalized Error Rates," IEW - Working Papers 379, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Galizzi, Matteo M. & Navarro-Martínez, Daniel, 2018. "On the external validity of social preference games: a systematic lab-field study," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 84088, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Smeekes Stephan, 2011. "Bootstrap Sequential Tests to Determine the Stationary Units in a Panel," Research Memorandum 003, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Deckers, Thomas & Hanck, Christoph, 2009. "Multiple Testing Techniques in Growth Econometrics," MPRA Paper 17843, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- de Uña-Alvarez Jacobo, 2012. "The Beta-Binomial SGoF method for multiple dependent tests," Statistical Applications in Genetics and Molecular Biology, De Gruyter, vol. 11(3), pages 1-32, May.
- Moon, H.R. & Perron, B., 2012.
"Beyond panel unit root tests: Using multiple testing to determine the nonstationarity properties of individual series in a panel,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 169(1), pages 29-33.
- MOON, H.R. & PERRON, Benoit, 2010. "Beyond Panel Unit Root Tests : Using Multiple Testing to Determine the Non-Stationarity Properties of Individual Series in a Panel," Cahiers de recherche 10-2010, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- MOON, Hyungsik Roger & PERRON, Benoit, 2010. "Beyond Panel Unit Root Tests: Using Multiple Testing to Determine the Non Stationarity Properties of Individual Series in a Panel," Cahiers de recherche 2010-04, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Hyungsik Roger Moon & Benoit Perron, 2011. "Beyond Panel Unit Root Tests: Using Multiple Testing to Determine the Non Stationarity Properties of Individual Series in a Panel," CIRANO Working Papers 2011s-17, CIRANO.
- Ferreira José A. & Berkhof Johannes & Souverein Olga & Zwinderman Koos, 2009. "A Multiple Testing Approach to High-Dimensional Association Studies with an Application to the Detection of Associations between Risk Factors of Heart Disease and Genetic Polymorphisms," Statistical Applications in Genetics and Molecular Biology, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-56, January.
- Hassler Uwe & Werkmann Verena, 2014. "Multiple Comparisons and Joint Significance in Panel Unit Root Testing with Evidence on International Interest Rate Linkage," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 234(1), pages 23-43, February.
- Roland G. Fryer, Jr. & Steven D. Levitt & John A. List, 2015.
"Parental Incentives and Early Childhood Achievement: A Field Experiment in Chicago Heights,"
NBER Working Papers
21477, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roland Fryer & Steven Levitt & John List, 2015. "Parental Incentives and Early Childhood Achievement: A Field Experiment in Chicago Heights," Framed Field Experiments 00587, The Field Experiments Website.
- Martin Huber & Giovanni Mellace, 2015.
"Testing Instrument Validity for LATE Identification Based on Inequality Moment Constraints,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 97(2), pages 398-411, May.
- Huber, Martin & Mellace, Giovanni, 2011. "Testing instrument validity for LATE identification based on inequality moment constraints," Economics Working Paper Series 1143, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Joseph P. Romano & Azeem M. Shaikh & Michael Wolf, 2010. "Hypothesis Testing in Econometrics," Annual Review of Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 2(1), pages 75-104, September.
- Westerlund, Joakim & Thuraisamy, Kannan & Sharma, Susan, 2015. "On the use of panel cointegration tests in energy economics," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 359-363.
- repec:sbe:breart:v:31:y:2011:i:2:a:7173 is not listed on IDEAS
- Giuseppe Cavaliere & Dimitris N. Politis & Anders Rahbek & Stephan Smeekes, 2015. "Recent developments in bootstrap methods for dependent data," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(3), pages 398-415, May.
- Li Wang & Xingzhong Xu & Yong A, 2016. "New multiple testing method under no dependency assumption, with application to multiple comparisons problem," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 57(1), pages 161-183, March.
- Márcio Laurini, 2012. "Generalized Tests of Investment Fund Performance," IBMEC RJ Economics Discussion Papers 2012-03, Economics Research Group, IBMEC Business School - Rio de Janeiro.
More about this item
KeywordsBootstrap; Subsampling; False Discovery Rate; Multiple Testing; Stepdown Procedure.;
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zur:iewwpx:337. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marita Kieser). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/seizhch.html .