Trade Policy: 'Political' vs. 'Economic' Factors
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986.
"Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Paul M Romer, 1999. "Increasing Returns and Long-Run Growth," Levine's Working Paper Archive 2232, David K. Levine.
- Felderer, Bernhard & Homburg, Stefan, 2005. "Makroökonomik und neue Makroökonomik: Kapitel I. Einige methodologische Überlegungen," EconStor Books, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, number 92556.
- Grossman, Gene M & Helpman, Elhanan, 1994.
"Protection for Sale,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 833-850, September.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1992. "Protection for Sale," Papers 162, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Grossman, Gene & Helpman, Elhanan, 1993. "Protection for Sale," CEPR Discussion Papers 827, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1992. "Protection for Sale," Papers 21-92, Tel Aviv.
- Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 1992. "Protection For Sale," NBER Working Papers 4149, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robinson, Joan, 1978. "Contributions to Modern Economics," Elsevier Monographs, Elsevier, edition 1, number 9780125905503.
- Gene M. Grossman, 1990. "Explaining Japan's Innovation and Trade: A Model of Quality Competition and Dynamic Comparative Advantage," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 8(2), pages 75-100, September.
- Baldwin, Richard E., 1995. "The Eastern enlargement of the European Union," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(3-4), pages 474-481, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lutz, Stefan, 2002. "Trade policy: 'Institutional' vs. 'economic' factors," ZEI Working Papers B 25-2002, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Aidt, Toke & Dutta, Jayasri & Sena, Vania, 2008.
"Governance regimes, corruption and growth: Theory and evidence,"
Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 195-220, June.
- Toke Aidt & Jayasri Dutta & Vania Sena, 2006. "Governance Regimes, Corruption and Growth: Theory and Evidence," Discussion Papers 15_2006, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Siebert, Horst, 1991. "A Schumpeterian model of growth in the world economy: some notes on a new paradigm in international economics," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 1498, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel).
- Antonio Navas-Ruiz, 2008.
"On Trade Openness, Institutional Change and Economic Growth,"
- Antonio Navas, 2013. "Trade Openness, Institutional Change and Economic Growth," Working Papers 2013018, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics.
- Navas, Antonio, 2009. "Trade Openness, Institutional Change and Economic Growth," Working Papers in Economic Theory 2009/05, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Department of Economic Analysis (Economic Theory and Economic History).
- Mayank GUPTA, 2015. "Revisiting Neoclassical Economic Growth: A Survey in the Literature," Journal of Economics and Political Economy, KSP Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 118-136, March.
- Stolpe, Michael, 1995. "Technology and the dynamics of specialization in open economies," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 738, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel).
- Catherine deFontenay, 2000. "Market Power and the Failure of the Big Push: Evidence and Theory," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1269, Econometric Society.
- Joan Costa Font & Joan Batalla Bejerano, 1998. "Eastern European Countries and the EMU: departure situation and transition strategies," ERSA conference papers ersa98p192, European Regional Science Association.
- Klodt, Henning, 1992. "Theorie der strategischen Handelspolitik und neue Wachstumstheorie als Grundlage für eine Industrie- und Technologiepolitik?," Kiel Working Papers 533, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel).
- Oldřich Krpec & Vladan Hodulák, 2012. "Politická ekonomie zahraniční obchodní politiky - instituce, regulace, sociální a politický kontext [Political Economy of Trade Policy - Institutions, Regulation, Social and Political Context]," Politická ekonomie, Prague University of Economics and Business, vol. 2012(1), pages 20-39.
- Tan Ngoc Vu & Duc Hong Vo & Michael McAleer, 2019.
"Rent seeking for export licenses: Application to the Vietnam rice market,"
Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE
2019-13, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Vu, T.N. & Vo, D.H. & McAleer, M.J., 2019. "Rent Seeking for Export Licenses: Application to the Vietnam Rice Market," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI2019-09, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Rao, B. Bhaskara, 2010.
"Estimates of the steady state growth rates for selected Asian countries with an extended Solow model,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 46-53, January.
- Rao, B. Bhaskara, 2008. "Estimates of the Steady State Growth Rates for Selected Asian Countries with an Extended Solow Model," MPRA Paper 9724, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Jul 2008.
- Beatrix Paal & Bruce D. Smith, 2013.
"The sub-optimality of the Friedman rule and the optimum quantity of money,"
Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 14(2), pages 911-948, November.
- Beatrix Paal & Bruce D. Smith, 2001. "The sub-optimality of the Friedman rule and the optimum quantity of money," CERS-IE WORKING PAPERS 0113, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies.
- Jung-Suk Yu & M. Kabir Hassan & Abdullah Mamun & Abul Hassan, 2014.
"Financial Sectors Reform and Economic Growth in Morocco: An Empirical Analysis,"
Journal of Emerging Market Finance, Institute for Financial Management and Research, vol. 13(1), pages 69-102, April.
- M. Kabir Hassan & Jung Suk-Yu, 2007. "Financial Sector Reform and Economic Growth in Morocco: An Empirical Analysis," NFI Working Papers 2007-WP-28, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Prof. Dr. Adem KALCA & Resc. Assist. Atakan DURMAZ, 2012. "Diaspora As The Instrument Of Humane Capital," International Journal of Business and Social Research, LAR Center Press, vol. 2(5), pages 94-104, October.
- repec:zbw:rwidps:0030 is not listed on IDEAS
- Raouf Boucekkine & Fernando Del Río & Omar Licandro, 2003.
"Embodied Technological Change, Learning‐by‐doing and the Productivity Slowdown,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 105(1), pages 87-98, March.
- Raouf BOUCEKKINE & Fernando DEL RIO & Omar LICANDRO, 2002. "Embodied Technological Change, Learning-by-Doing and the Productivity Slowdown," Economics Working Papers ECO2002/12, European University Institute.
- Raouf BOUCEKKINE & Fernando DEL RIO & Omar LICANDRO, 2002. "Embodied technological change learning-by-doing and the productivity slowdown," LIDAM Discussion Papers IRES 2002028, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- BOUCEKKINE, Raouf & DEL RIO, Fernando & LICANDRO, Omar, 2003. "Embodied technological change, learning-by-doint and the productivity slowdown," LIDAM Reprints CORE 1629, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Abida Hafeez & Karim Bux Shah Syed & Fiza Qureshi, 2019. "Exploring the Relationship between Government R & D Expenditures and Economic Growth in a Global Perspective: A PMG Estimation Approach," International Business Research, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 12(4), pages 163-174, April.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:366690 is not listed on IDEAS
- Persson, Torsten & Tabellini, Guido, 2002.
"Political economics and public finance,"
Handbook of Public Economics, in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 24, pages 1549-1659,
- Torsten Persson & Guido Tabellini, "undated". "Political Economics and Public Finance," Working Papers 149, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Torsten Persson & Guido Tabellini, 1999. "Political Economics and Public Finance," NBER Working Papers 7097, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Persson, Torsten & Tabellini, Guido, 1999. "Political Economics and Public Finance," CEPR Discussion Papers 2235, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sébastien Jean & David Laborde & Will Martin, 2008.
"Choosing Sensitive Agricultural Products in Trade Negotiations,"
2008-18, CEPII research center.
- Jean, Sebastien & Laborde, David & Martin, Will, 2008. "Choosing sensitive agricultural products in trade negotiations:," IFPRI discussion papers 788, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Heijs, Joost, 2003. "Freerider behaviour and the public finance of R&D activities in enterprises: the case of the Spanish low interest credits for R&D," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 445-461, March.
More about this item
Keywordstrade theory; policy; institutional factors;
All these keywords.
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
- A12 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Other Disciplines
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:zewdip:530. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/zemande.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/zemande.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.