New Technology-Based Firms in Germany: A Survey of the Recent Evidence
The Importance and Contribution of new technology-based Firms (NTBFs) to long term economic development is at the center of a controversial debate. This paper provides an overview of the current status of research on various issues concerning NTBFs in Germany. The issues covered include the incidence of start-ups firms in Germany?s technology-intensive sectors and their regional clustering. The review also shows that NTBFs play an important role with regard to the transfer, adoption and diffusion of technology. The public support and policy initiatives for new technology-based firms in Germany are also discussed.
|Date of creation:||1997|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: L 7,1; D - 68161 Mannheim|
Web page: http://www.zew.de/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nerlinger, Eric A. & Berger, Georg, 1995. "Regionale Verteilung technologieorientierter Unternehmensgründungen," ZEW Discussion Papers 95-23, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Davis, Steven J & Haltiwanger, John & Schuh, Scott, 1996.
"Small Business and Job Creation: Dissecting the Myth and Reassessing the Facts,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 297-315, August.
- Steven J. Davis & John Haltiwanger & Scott Schuh, 1993. "Small Business and Job Creation: Dissecting the Myth and Reassessing theFacts," NBER Working Papers 4492, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nerlinger, Eric A., 1996. "Firm formation in high-tech industries: empirical results for Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 96-07, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Nerlinger, Eric A. & Berger, Georg, 1995. "Technologieorientierte Industrien und Unternehmen: Alternative Definitionen," ZEW Discussion Papers 95-20, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Dietmar Harhoff, 1999. "Firm Formation And Regional Spillovers - Evidence From Germany," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1-2), pages 27-55.
- Harhoff, Dietmar, 1995. "Firm formation and regional spillovers: evidence from Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 95-11, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:zewdip:5123. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.