Who trusts? The origins of social trust in seven nations
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stephen Knack & Philip Keefer, 1997. "Does Social Capital Have an Economic Payoff? A Cross-Country Investigation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1251-1288.
- Hall, Peter A., 1999. "Social Capital in Britain," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(3), pages 417-461, June.
- Margaret Levi, 1996. "Social and Unsocial Capital: A Review Essay of Robert Putnam's Making Democracy Work," Politics & Society, , vol. 24(1), pages 45-55, March.
- Russell Hardin, 1993. "The Street-Level Epistemology of Trust," Politics & Society, , vol. 21(4), pages 505-529, December.
- Delhey, Jan & Böhnke, Petra & Habich, Roland & Zapf, Wolfgang, 2001. "The Euromodule: a new instrument for comparative welfare research," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Social Structure and Social Reporting FS III 01-401, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Cusack, Thomas R., 1997. "On the road to Weimar? The political economy of popular satisfaction with government and regime performance in Germany," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Economic Change and Employment FS I 97-303, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gustavsson, Magnus & Jordahl, Henrik, 2008.
"Inequality and trust in Sweden: Some inequalities are more harmful than others,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(1-2), pages 348-365, February.
- Gustavsson, Magnus & Jordahl, Henrik, 2006. "Inequality and Trust in Sweden: Some Inequalities are More Harmful than Others," Working Paper Series 673, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Gustavsson, Magnus & Jordahl, Henrik, 2006. "Inequality and Trust in Sweden: Some Inequalities are More Harmful than Others," Ratio Working Papers 106, The Ratio Institute.
- Julie Moschion & Domenico Tabasso, 2014.
"Trust of second-generation immigrants: intergenerational transmission or cultural assimilation?,"
IZA Journal of Migration and Development, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 3(1), pages 1-30, December.
- Julie Moschion & Domenico Tabasso, 2013. "Trust of Second Generation Immigrants: Intergenerational Transmission or Cultural Assimilation?," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2013n02, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Moschion, Julie & Tabasso, Domenico, 2013. "Trust of Second Generation Immigrants: Intergenerational Transmission or Cultural Assimilation?," IZA Discussion Papers 7203, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Veselý, Arnošt, 2006. "Reproduction of Social Capital: How Much and What Type of Social Capital Is Transmitted from Parents to Children?," Ratio Working Papers 105, The Ratio Institute.
- Petra Böhnke, 2008. "Does Society Matter? Life Satisfaction in the Enlarged Europe," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 87(2), pages 189-210, June.
- Rainer, Helmut & Siedler, Thomas, 2009.
"Does democracy foster trust?,"
Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 251-269, June.
- Rainer, Helmut & Siedler, Thomas, 2006. "Does democracy foster trust?," ISER Working Paper Series 2006-31, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Rainer, Helmut & Siedler, Thomas, 2009. "Does democracy foster trust?," Munich Reprints in Economics 19809, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Rainer, Helmut & Siedler, Thomas, 2006. "Does Democracy Foster Trust?," IZA Discussion Papers 2154, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Helmut Rainer & Thomas Siedler, 2006. "Does Democracy Foster Trust?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 609, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Helmut Rainer & Michael Siedler, 2006. "Does democracy foster trust?," Discussion Paper Series, School of Economics and Finance 200602, School of Economics and Finance, University of St Andrews.
- Sander Steijn & Bram Lancee, 2011. "GINI DP 20: Does Income Inequality Negatively Affect General Trust? Examining three potential problems with the inequality-trust hypothesis," GINI Discussion Papers 20, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
- Gunther Tichy, 2003. "Die Risikogesellschaft – Ein vernachlässigtes Konzept in der europäischen Stagnationsdiskussion [The Risk Society - An under-researched concept in the European debate on stagnation ]," ITA manu:scripts 03_02, Institute of Technology Assessment (ITA).
- Le, Anh Tuan, 2010. "Change in Social Capital – a Case Study of Collective Rice Farming Practice in the Mekong Delta, Vietnam," MPRA Paper 25552, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Prokic-Breuer, Tijana, 2011. "The relative importance of social and cultural capital for educational performance: Eastern versus Western Europe," Discussion Papers, Research Professorship Demographic Development, Social Change, and Social Capital SP I 2011-403, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Güth, Werner & Levati, M. Vittoria & Ploner, Matteo, 2008.
"Social identity and trust--An experimental investigation,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 1293-1308, August.
- Werner Güth & M. Vittoria Levati & Matteo Ploner, 2007. "Social identity and trust - An experimental investigation," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2006-41, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Pugno, Maurizio, 2009.
"The Easterlin paradox and the decline of social capital: An integrated explanation,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics),
Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 590-600, August.
- Maurizio Pugno, 2008. "The Easterlin paradox and the decline of social capital: an integrated explanation," Working Papers 2008-02, Universita' di Cassino, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche.
- Newton, Kenneth, 2005. "Support for democracy: Social capital, civil society and political performance," Discussion Papers, Research Group Civil Society, Citizenship and Political Mobilization in Europe SP IV 2005-402, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Joseph Daniels & Marc von der Ruhr, 2005. "God and the Global Economy: Religion and Attitudes Toward Trade and Immigration in the United States," Working Papers and Research 0501, Marquette University, Center for Global and Economic Studies and Department of Economics.
- Pamela Abbott & Claire Wallace & Roger Sapsford, 2011. "Surviving the Transformation: Social Quality in Central Asia and the Caucuses," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 199-223, April.
- Gustavsson, Magnus & Jordahl, Henrik, 2006. "Inequality and Trust: Some Inequalities are More Harmful than Others," Working Paper Series 2006:3, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Yogo, Urbain Thierry, 2009.
"Le Capital Social: Entre Evidences Théoriques et Balbutiemments Empiriques
[Social Capital: Theoretical Evidence and empirical issues]," MPRA Paper 19441, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Peter Dinesen, 2011. "A Note on the Measurement of Generalized Trust of Immigrants and Natives," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 103(1), pages 169-177, August.
- Sturgis, Patrick & Patulny, Roger & Allum, Nick & Buscha, Franz, 2012. "Social connectedness and generalized trust: a longitudinal perspective," ISER Working Paper Series 2012-19, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Gunther Tichy, 2005. "Die ,Neue Unsicherheit‚ als Ursache der europäischen Wachstumsschwäche," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 6(3), pages 385-407, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:wzbssr:fsiii02402. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://www.wzb.eu/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.