A non-monotonic Relationship between FDI and Trade
This paper presents a non-monotonic relationship between foreign direct investment and trade based on the idea that, although FDI eliminates trade costs on the final good, the investing firm has to bear increased trade costs on an intermediate good.
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 01062 Dresden|
Phone: ++49 351 463 2196
Fax: ++49 351 463 7739
Web page: https://tu-dresden.de/gsw/wirtschaft/?set_language=en
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Neary, J Peter, 2002.
"Foreign Direct Investment and the Single Market,"
University of Manchester, vol. 70(3), pages 291-314, June.
- J. Peter Neary, 2001. "Foreign Direct Investment and the Single Market," Development Working Papers 160, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- J. Peter Neary, 2002. "Foreign direct investment and the single market," Working Papers 200124, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Neary, J Peter, 2002. "Foreign Direct Investment and the Single Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 3419, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bettina Becker & Nigel Pain, 2008. "What Determines Industrial R&D Expenditure In The Uk?," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 76(1), pages 66-87, 01.
- Nigel Pain, 2003. "What Determines Industrial R&D Expenditure in the UK?," NIESR Discussion Papers 211, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- S. Lael Brainard, 1993. "A Simple Theory of Multinational Corporations and Trade with a Trade-Off Between Proximity and Concentration," NBER Working Papers 4269, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:6:y:2004:i:2:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Horstmann, Ignatius J. & Markusen, James R., 1992. "Endogenous market structures in international trade (natura facit saltum)," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-2), pages 109-129, February.
- Pain, Nigel & Wakelin, Katharine, 1998. "Export Performance and the Role of Foreign Direct Investment," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 66(0), pages 62-88, Supplemen.
- Helpman, Elhanan, 1984. "A Simple Theory of International Trade with Multinational Corporations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(3), pages 451-471, June.
- Helpman, Elhanan, 1984. "A Simple Theory of International Trade with Multinational Corporations," Scholarly Articles 3445092, Harvard University Department of Economics.