The effects of Contingent Convertible (CoCo) bonds on insurers' capital requirements under Solvency II
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Tobias Niedrig & Helmut Gründl, 2015. "The Effects of Contingent Convertible (CoCo) Bonds on Insurers’ Capital Requirements Under Solvency II," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 40(3), pages 416-443, July.
- Niedrig, Tobias & Gründl, Helmut, 2015. "The effects of Contingent Convertible (CoCo) bonds on insurers' capital requirements under solvency II," SAFE Working Paper Series 98, Leibniz Institute for Financial Research SAFE.
- Niedrig, Tobias & Gründl, Helmut, 2015. "The effects of contingent convertible (CoCo) bonds on insurers' capital requirements under Solvency II," ICIR Working Paper Series 18/14, Goethe University Frankfurt, International Center for Insurance Regulation (ICIR).
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin Eling & Hato Schmeiser & Joan T. Schmit, 2007. "The Solvency II Process: Overview and Critical Analysis," Risk Management and Insurance Review, American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 10(1), pages 69-85, March.
- Damiano Brigo & Jo~ao Garcia & Nicola Pede, 2013. "CoCo Bonds Valuation with Equity- and Credit-Calibrated First Passage Structural Models," Papers 1302.6629, arXiv.org.
- Stefan Avdjiev & Anastasia Kartasheva & Bilyana Bogdanova, 2013. "CoCos: a primer," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, September.
- Paul Glasserman & Behzad Nouri, 2012. "Contingent Capital with a Capital-Ratio Trigger," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(10), pages 1816-1833, October.
More about this item
KeywordsLife insurance companies; Coco bonds; Solvency II;
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2015-09-11 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2015-09-11 (Central Banking)
- NEP-IAS-2015-09-11 (Insurance Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:safepl:45. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/csafede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.