ICT and Two Categories of R&D in the Innovation Process among Firms in ASEAN Countries Based on Firm-level Survey Data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- L. Nascia & G. Perani, 2002. "Diversity of Innovation in Europe," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 277-293.
- Holger Görg & Eric Strobl, 2016.
"Spillovers from Foreign Firms through Worker Mobility: An Empirical Investigation,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: MULTINATIONAL ENTERPRISES AND HOST COUNTRY DEVELOPMENT, chapter 13, pages 243-259,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Holger Görg & Eric Strobl, 2005. "Spillovers from Foreign Firms through Worker Mobility: An Empirical Investigation," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 107(4), pages 693-709, December.
- Görg, Holger & Strobl, Eric, 2002. "Spillovers From Foreign Firms Through Worker Mobility: An Empirical Investigation," IZA Discussion Papers 591, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Gorg, Holger & Eric Strobl, 2003. "Spillovers from foreign firms through worker mobility: An empirical investigation," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 89, Royal Economic Society.
- Holger Görg & Eric Strobl, 2004. "Spillovers from Foreign Firms through Worker Mobility: An Empirical Investigation," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 463, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Effie Kesidou & Adam Szirmai, 2008. "Local knowledge spillovers, innovation and export performance in developing countries: empirical evidence from the Uruguay software cluster," The European Journal of Development Research, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 20(2), pages 281-298.
- Josh Lerner & Julie Wulf, 2007.
"Innovation and Incentives: Evidence from Corporate R&D,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 89(4), pages 634-644, November.
- Josh Lerner & Julie Wulf, 2006. "Innovation and Incentives: Evidence from Corporate R&D," NBER Working Papers 11944, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jennifer P. Poole, 2013. "Knowledge Transfers from Multinational to Domestic Firms: Evidence from Worker Mobility," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 95(2), pages 393-406, May.
- Jensen, Morten Berg & Johnson, Bjorn & Lorenz, Edward & Lundvall, Bengt Ake, 2007.
"Forms of knowledge and modes of innovation,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 680-693, June.
- Morten Jensen & Bjorn Johnson & Edward Lorenz & B.-A. Lundvall, 2007. "Forms of knowledge and modes of innovation," Post-Print halshs-00483642, HAL.
- Ragnhild Balsvik, 2011. "Is Labor Mobility a Channel for Spillovers from Multinationals? Evidence from Norwegian Manufacturing," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 93(1), pages 285-297, February.
- Lee, You-Na & Walsh, John P., 2016. "Inventing while you work: Knowledge, non-R&D learning and innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 345-359.
- Nicholas S. Argyres & Brian S. Silverman, 2004. "R&D, organization structure, and the development of corporate technological knowledge," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(8‐9), pages 929-958, August.
- Benn Lawson & Danny Samson, 2001. "Developing Innovation Capability In Organisations: A Dynamic Capabilities Approach," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 5(03), pages 377-400.
- Malthouse, Edward C. & Haenlein, Michael & Skiera, Bernd & Wege, Egbert & Zhang, Michael, 2013. "Managing Customer Relationships in the Social Media Era: Introducing the Social CRM House," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 270-280.
- Machikita, Tomohiro & Tsuji, Masatsugu & Ueki, Yasushi, 2016. "Does Kaizen create backward knowledge transfer to Southeast Asian firms?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(5), pages 1556-1561.
- Daniel Z. Levin & Rob Cross, 2004. "The Strength of Weak Ties You Can Trust: The Mediating Role of Trust in Effective Knowledge Transfer," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(11), pages 1477-1490, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Matsuzaki, Taisuke & Shigeno, Hidenori & Taher, Sheikh Abu & Tsuji, Masatsugu, 2022. "Relationship between Innovation and Corporate Performance in Japanese SMEs by Two-stage Panel Data Analysis: Focusing on the Joint Effect of ICT and R&D," 31st European Regional ITS Conference, Gothenburg 2022: Reining in Digital Platforms? Challenging monopolies, promoting competition and developing regulatory regimes 265659, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Samuel Kwesi Dunyo & Samuel Amponsah Odei, 2023. "Firm-Level Innovations in an Emerging Economy: Do Perceived Policy Instability and Legal Institutional Conditions Matter?," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 15(2), pages 1-24, January.
- Valeska V. Geldres-Weiss & Nathaniel P. Massa & Joaquín Monreal-Pérez, 2021. "Export Promotion Agencies’ Lived Turmoil, Response and Strategies in COVID-19 Times," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(21), pages 1-24, November.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Masatsugu Tsuji & Hiroki Idota & Yasushi Ueki & Hidenori Shigeno & Teruyuki Bunno, 2016. "Connectivity in the Technology Transfer Process among Local ASEAN Firms," Contemporary Economics, University of Economics and Human Sciences in Warsaw., vol. 10(3), September.
- Shigeno, Hidenori & Bunno, Teruyuki & Abu Taher, Sheikh & Tsuji, Masatsugu, 2020. "R&D and ICT in the Innovation Process of Japanese Innovative SMEs: Panel Data Analysis Based on Firm-Level Survey Data," ITS Conference, Online Event 2020 224875, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Andrey Stoyanov & Nikolay Zubanov, 2012. "Productivity Spillovers across Firms through Worker Mobility," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 4(2), pages 168-198, April.
- Cici, Gjergji & Kempf, Alexander & Peitzmeier, Claudia, 2022. "Knowledge spillovers in the mutual fund industry through labor mobility," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 134(C).
- Zsolt Csáfordi & László Lőrincz & Balázs Lengyel & Károly Miklós Kiss, 2020. "Productivity spillovers through labor flows: productivity gap, multinational experience and industry relatedness," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 86-121, February.
- Sampson, Thomas, 2013.
"Brain drain or brain gain? Technology diffusion and learning on-the-job,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 162-176.
- Thomas Sampson, 2012. "Brain Drain or Brain Gain? Technology Diffusion and Learning On-the-job," CEP Discussion Papers dp1168, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Sampson, Thomas, 2012. "Brain drain or brain gain? Technology diffusion and learning on-the-job," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 51503, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Köllö, János & Boza, István & Balázsi, László, 2021.
"Wage gains from foreign ownership: evidence from linked employer-employee data,"
Journal for Labour Market Research, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 55, pages 1-3.
- János Köllő & István Boza & László Balázsi, 2021. "Wage gains from foreign ownership: evidence from linked employer–employee data," Journal for Labour Market Research, Springer;Institute for Employment Research/ Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), vol. 55(1), pages 1-21, December.
- Köllő, János & Boza, István & Balázsi, László, 2020. "Wage Gains from Foreign Ownership: Evidence from Linked Employer-Employee Data," IZA Discussion Papers 13040, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Katariina Nilsson Hakkala & Alessandro Sembenelli, 2018.
"Multinationals, competition and productivity spillovers through worker mobility,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 154(2), pages 401-426, May.
- Nilsson Hakkala, Katariina & Sembenelli, Alessandro, 2014. "Multinationals, Competition and Productivity Spillovers through Worker Mobility," Working Papers 54, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Zsolt Csafordi & Laszlo Lorincz & Balazs Lengyel & Karoly Miklos Kiss, 2016. "Productivity spillovers through labor flows: The effect of productivity gap, foreign-owned firms, and skill-relatedness," CERS-IE WORKING PAPERS 1610, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies.
- Castillo, Victoria & Figal-Garone, Lucas & Maffioli, Alessandro & Rojo, Sofia & Stucchi, Rodolfo, 2016. "The Effects of Knowledge Spillovers through Labor Mobility," MPRA Paper 69141, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jacob Rubak Holm & Bram Timmermans & Christian Richter Ostergaard & Alexander Coad & Nicola Grassano & Antonio Vezzani, 2019. "Labor mobility from R&D-intensive multinational companies: Implications for knowledge and technology," JRC Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation 2019-06, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Jaan Masso & Kärt Rõigas & Priit Vahter, 2015.
"Foreign market experience, learning by hiring and firm export performance,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 151(4), pages 659-686, November.
- Jaan Masso & Kärt Rõigas & Priit Vahter, 2014. "Foreign Market Experience, Learning By Hiring And Firm Export Performance," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 95, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Cristina Jude, 2016.
"Technology Spillovers from FDI. Evidence on the Intensity of Different Spillover Channels,"
The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(12), pages 1947-1973, December.
- Cristina Jude, 2016. "Technology Spillovers from FDI. Evidence on the Intensity of Different Spillover Channels," Post-Print hal-03533194, HAL.
- Yoshimichi Murakami & Keijiro Otsuka, 2017. "A Review of the Literature on Productivity Impacts of Global Value Chains and Foreign Direct Investment: Towards an Integrated Approach," Discussion Paper Series DP2017-19, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University, revised Aug 2019.
- Sara L. McGaughey & Pascalis Raimondos & Lisbeth Cour, 2020. "Foreign influence, control, and indirect ownership: Implications for productivity spillovers," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 51(9), pages 1391-1412, December.
- Jacob Rubæk Holm & Bram Timmermans & Christian Richter Østergaard & Alex Coad & Nicola Grassano & Antonio Vezzani, 2020. "Labor mobility from R&D-intensive multinational companies: implications for knowledge and technology transfer," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 45(5), pages 1562-1584, October.
- Cici, Gjergji & Kempf, Alexander & Peitzmeier, Claudia, 2019. "Knowledge spillovers in the mutual fund industry through labor mobility," CFR Working Papers 18-04, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Demirbag, Mehmet & Apaydin, Marina & Sahadev, Sunil, 2021. "Micro-foundational dimensions of firm internationalisation as determinants of knowledge management strategy: A case for global strategic partnerships," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 165(C).
- Egger, Peter H. & Erhardt, Katharina & Lassmann, Andrea, 2019. "Immigration and firms’ integration in international production networks," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 1-34.
- Shigeno, Hidenori & Tsuji, Masatsugu & Matsuzaki, Taisuke & Shinohara, Sobee, 2017. "ICT Use, Connectivity, and Innovation Capability in Japanese SMEs," 28th European Regional ITS Conference, Passau 2017 169498, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
More about this item
Keywordsinternal use; external use; ordered probit; HDR; learning; QC;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CSE-2018-12-17 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-INO-2018-12-17 (Innovation)
- NEP-SBM-2018-12-17 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-SEA-2018-12-17 (South East Asia)
- NEP-TID-2018-12-17 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:itse18:184970. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.itseurope.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.itseurope.org/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.