The absent-minded prisoner
If one of two rational players is absent-minded for at least three rounds, cooperation in a prisoners dilemma with a finite number of repetitions is possible. If both players are absentminded, even two rounds of absent-mindedness can be enough for cooperation in these rounds and all rounds before. Sufficient conditions for the existence of a cooperative equilibrium are derived, a plausible interpretation of absent-mindedness in the case of many repetitions is given.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (03834) - 86-2452
Fax: (03834) 86-2451
Web page: http://www.rsf.uni-greifswald.de/meta/english.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kreps, David M. & Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John & Wilson, Robert, 1982.
"Rational cooperation in the finitely repeated prisoners' dilemma,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 245-252, August.
- David Kreps & Paul Milgrom & John Roberts & Bob Wilson, 2010. "Rational Cooperation in the Finitely Repeated Prisoners' Dilemma," Levine's Working Paper Archive 239, David K. Levine.
- Dulleck, Uwe & Oechssler, Jorg, 1997.
"The absent-minded centipede,"
Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 309-315, September.
- Aumann, Robert J. & Hart, Sergiu & Perry, Motty, 1997. "The Absent-Minded Driver," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 102-116, July.
- Piccione, Michele & Rubinstein, Ariel, 1997.
"The Absent-Minded Driver's Paradox: Synthesis and Responses,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 121-130, July.
- Piccione, M. & Rubinstein, A., 1996. "The Absent Minded Driver's Paradox: Synthesis and Responses," Papers 39-96, Tel Aviv.
- Rubinstein, Ariel, 1995.
"On the Interpretation of Decision Problems with Imperfect Recall,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 324-324, December.
- Piccione, Michele & Rubinstein, Ariel, 1997. "On the Interpretation of Decision Problems with Imperfect Recall," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 3-24, July.
- Aumann, Robert J. & Hart, Sergiu & Perry, Motty, 1997. "The Forgetful Passenger," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 117-120, July.
- Lipman, Barton L., 1997. "More Absentmindedness," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 97-101, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:grewdp:141998. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.