Killing the goose that may have laid the golden egg? The incentives to discriminate and the regulation of access charges in the German electricity supply industry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Armstrong, Mark & Doyle, Chris & Vickers, John, 1996.
"The Access Pricing Problem: A Synthesis,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 131-150, June.
- Armstrong, M. & Doyle, C. & Vickers, J., 1995. "The access pricing problem: a synthesis," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9532, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Chen, Yongmin, 2001.
"On Vertical Mergers and Their Competitive Effects,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(4), pages 667-685, Winter.
- Yongmin Chen, 2000. "On Vertical Mergers and Their Competitive Effects," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0383, Econometric Society.
- Mandy, David M, 2000. "Killing the Goose That May Have Laid the Golden Egg: Only the Data Know Whether Sabotage Pays," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 157-172, March.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean, 1996. "Creating Competition through Interconnection: Theory and Practice," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 227-256, November.
- Weisman, Dennis L & Kang, Jaesung, 2001. "Incentives for Discrimination when Upstream Monopolists Participate in Downstream Markets," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 125-139, September.
- Stefan Buehler, 2005. "The Promise and Pitfalls of Restructuring Network Industries," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 6(2), pages 205-228, May.
- Susanne Bonomo & Massimo Filippini & Peter Zweifel, 1998. "Neue Aufschluesse ueber die Elektrizitaetsnachfrage der schweizerischen Haushalte," SOI - Working Papers 9801, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
- Song, Jae-Do & Kim, Jae-Cheol, 2001. "Strategic Reaction of Vertically Integrated Firms to Downstream Entry: Deterrence or Accommodation," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 183-199, March.
- J. Gregory Sidak & William Baumol, 1994. "Toward Competition in Local Telephony," Books, American Enterprise Institute, number 52984.
- Silk, Julian I. & Joutz, Frederick L., 1997. "Short and long-run elasticities in US residential electricity demand: a co-integration approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 493-513, October.
- Gert Brunekreeft, 2002. "Regulation and Third-Party Discrimination in the German Electricity Supply Industry," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 203-220, May.
More about this item
Keywordsdiscrimination; regulation; vertical integration; electricity; access charges; sabotage;
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- L42 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Vertical Restraints; Resale Price Maintenance; Quantity Discounts
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:csledp:200507. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fosaade.html .