Optimal bidding strategies on the power market based on the stochastic models
In this paper we concentrate on power producers’ strategies on the electricity market with contracts and Asian-type call options for power delivery. We propose stochastic asymmetric supply function equilibrium and Cournot models that are based on the assumption of the stochastic behavior of electricity prices. We demonstrate how in this stochastic case the considered derivatives influence on the power producers’ profits. In order to demonstrate theoretical results to the analysis we use the real electricity prices.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in the Proceedings of the Modern Electric Power Systems MEPS'10 International Symposium, September 20-22, 2010, Wroc³aw, Poland.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://prac.im.pwr.wroc.pl/~hugo
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ross Baldick & Ryan Grant & Edward Kahn, 2004. "Theory and Application of Linear Supply Function Equilibrium in Electricity Markets," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 143-167, 03.
- Magdalena Borgosz-Koczwara & Aleksander Weron & Agnieszka Wyłomańska, 2009. "Stochastic models for bidding strategies on oligopoly electricity market," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 69(3), pages 579-592, July.
- Klemperer, Paul D & Meyer, Margaret A, 1989. "Supply Function Equilibria in Oligopoly under Uncertainty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1243-77, November.
- repec:spr:compst:v:69:y:2009:i:3:p:579-592 is not listed on IDEAS
- Weron, Rafal, 2008. "Market price of risk implied by Asian-style electricity options and futures," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 1098-1115, May.
- Green, Richard, 1999. "The Electricity Contract Market in England and Wales," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 107-24, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wuu:wpaper:hsc1006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rafal Weron)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.