Are Us Gasoline Price Adjustments Asymmetric?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Granger, Clive W J, 1997. "On Modelling the Long Run in Applied Economics," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(440), pages 169-177, January.
- Severin Borenstein & A. Colin Cameron & Richard Gilbert, 1997.
"Do Gasoline Prices Respond Asymmetrically to Crude Oil Price Changes?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 112(1), pages 305-339.
- Severin Borenstein & A. Colin Cameron, 1992. "Do Gasoline Prices Respond Asymmetrically to Crude Oil Price Changes?," NBER Working Papers 4138, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- B Bhaskara Rao & Gyaneshwar Rao, 2005. "Crude Oil and Gasoline Prices in Fiji: Is the Relationship Asymmetric?," Microeconomics 0510004, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aboura, Sofiane & Chevallier, Julien, 2017.
"Oil vs. gasoline: The dark side of volatility and taxation,"
Research in International Business and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 39(PB), pages 976-989.
- Sofiane Aboura & Julien Chevallier, 2016. "Oil vs. gasoline: The dark side of volatility and taxation," Post-Print halshs-01348705, HAL.
- Koutroumanidis, Theodoros & Zafeiriou, Eleni & Arabatzis, Garyfallos, 2009. "Asymmetry in price transmission between the producer and the consumer prices in the wood sector and the role of imports: The case of Greece," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 56-64, January.
- Economou, Fotini & Panagopoulos, Yannis & Tsouma, Ekaterini, 2018. "Uncovering asymmetries in the relationship between fear and the stock market using a hidden co-integration approach," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 459-470.
- Ioanna Reziti & Yannis Panagopoulos, 2008. "Asymmetric price transmission in the greek agri-food sector: some tests," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(1), pages 16-30.
- Chattopadhyay, Manojit & Kumar Mitra, Subrata, 2015. "Exploring asymmetric behavior pattern from Indian oil products prices using NARDL and GHSOM approaches," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 262-272.
- Perdiguero-García, Jordi, 2013. "Symmetric or asymmetric oil prices? A meta-analysis approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 389-397.
- Karagiannis, Stelios & Panagopoulos, Yannis & Vlamis, Prodromos, 2015. "Are unleaded gasoline and diesel price adjustments symmetric? A comparison of the four largest EU retail fuel markets," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 281-291.
- Karagiannis, Stelios & Panagopoulos, Yannis & Vlamis, Prodromos, 2010. "Interest rate pass-through in Europe and the US: Monetary policy after the financial crisis," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 323-338, May.
- Szymon Wlazlowski & Monica Giulietti & Jane Binner & Costas Milas, 2011. "Price Transmission in the EU Wholesale Petroleum Markets," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(2), pages 165-172, January.
- Hamid Baghestani & Jorg Bley, 2020. "Do directional predictions of US gasoline prices reveal asymmetries?," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 44(2), pages 348-360, April.
- Szymon Wlazlowski & Monica Giulietti & Jane Binner & Costas Milas, 2008. "Smooth Transition Models in Price Transmission," Working Paper series 04_08, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
More about this item
KeywordsAsymmetric price adjustments; Market power; General to specific approach; Error correction models and Gasoline and crude oil prices;
- P - Economic Systems
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
- Z - Other Special Topics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2005-10-08 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-ENE-2005-10-08 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-IND-2005-10-08 (Industrial Organization)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpmi:0510001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.