An interview with Thomas C. Schelling: Interpretation of game theory and the checkerboard model
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- N. Emrah Aydinonat, 2005. "An interview with Thomas C. Schelling: Interpretation of game theory and the checkerboard model," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 2(2), pages 1-7.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nozick, Robert, 1994. "Invisible-Hand Explanations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 314-318, May.
- Rubinstein, Ariel, 1991. "Comments on the Interpretation of Game Theory," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(4), pages 909-924, July.
- Schelling, Thomas C, 1969. "Models of Segregation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(2), pages 488-493, May.
- J. Barkley Rosser, 1999. "On the Complexities of Complex Economic Dynamics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(4), pages 169-192, Fall.
- Joshua M. Epstein & Robert L. Axtell, 1996. "Growing Artificial Societies: Social Science from the Bottom Up," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262550253, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Colman, Andrew M., 2006. "Thomas C. Schelling's psychological decision theory: Introduction to a special issue," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 603-608, October.
- Junfu Zhang, 2011.
"Tipping And Residential Segregation: A Unified Schelling Model,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(1), pages 167-193, February.
- Zhang, Junfu, 2009. "Tipping and Residential Segregation: A Unified Schelling Model," IZA Discussion Papers 4413, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Łukasz Hard, 2014. "Models of Mechanisms and their Role in Building Economic Explanations," Ekonomia journal, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw, vol. 37.
- Lauren Larrouy, 2015. "The Ontology of Schelling's "Theory of Interdependent Decisions"," GREDEG Working Papers 2015-38, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), University of Nice Sophia Antipolis.
More about this item
KeywordsThomas Schelling; game theory; checkerboard model;
- B - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-10-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2005-10-29 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-HPE-2005-10-29 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2005-10-29 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpmh:0510001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .