Short-Run Price Movements in Ecuador
A theoretical model of inflationary dynamics in Ecuador is specified for the pre-dollarization period when the sucre was still the official currency. Parameter estimation is carried out using a battery of time series techniques. Monthly data from January 1964 to December 1994 are used in the empirical analysis. Variables shown to influence consumer price movements include the money supply, the exchange rate, and the implicit cost of holding idle cash balances.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sergio Clavijo Vergara, 1987.
"Hacia Una Caracterizacion Del Comportamiento De La Velocidad De Circulacion Del Dinero: El Caso Colombiano,"
ENSAYOS SOBRE POLÍTICA ECONÓMICA,
BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ESPE, vol. 6(12), pages 59-79, December.
- Sergio Clavijo Vergara, 1987. "Hacia Una Caracterizacion Del Comportamiento De La Velocidad De Circulacion Del Dinero: El Caso Colombiano," Ensayos sobre Política Económica, Banco de la Republica de Colombia, vol. 6(12), pages 59-79, Diciembre.
- Andrew J. Filardo, 1998. "New evidence on the output cost of fighting inflation," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q III.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Frederic S. Mishkin, 1997.
"Inflation Targeting: A New Framework for Monetary Policy?,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 11(2), pages 97-116, Spring.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Frederic S. Mishkin, 1997. "Inflation Targeting: A New Framework for Monetary Policy?," NBER Working Papers 5893, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpma:0407028. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.