A law & economics approach to the study of integrated management regimes of estuaries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sun, Laixiang, 2002. "Introduction Adaptive Efficiency and Evolving Diversity of Enterprise Ownership and Governance," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 754-758, December.
- Elinor Ostrom, 2008. "Institutions And The Environment," Economic Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(3), pages 24-31, September.
- Daniel H. Cole & Peter Z. Grossman, 2002. "The Meaning of Property Rights: Law versus Economics?," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(3), pages 317-330.
- Holderness, Clifford G., 2003. "Joint ownership and alienability," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 75-100, March.
- Daniel Diermeier & Keith Krehbiel, 2003. "Institutionalism as a Methodology," Journal of Theoretical Politics, , vol. 15(2), pages 123-144, April.
- R. Quentin Grafton, 2000. "Governance of the Commons: A Role for the State?," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 76(4), pages 504-517.
- Nelson, Richard R. & Sampat, Bhaven N., 2001. "Making sense of institutions as a factor shaping economic performance," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 31-54, January.
- T.S. Veeman & J. Politylo, 2003. "The Role of Institutions and Policy in Enhancing Sustainable Development and Conserving Natural Capital," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 317-332, September.
- Cole,Daniel H., 2002. "Pollution and Property," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521001090, December.
- Crawford, Sue E. S. & Ostrom, Elinor, 1995. "A Grammar of Institutions," American Political Science Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 89(3), pages 582-600, September.
- Edella Schlager & Elinor Ostrom, 1992. "Property-Rights Regimes and Natural Resources: A Conceptual Analysis," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 68(3), pages 249-262.
- Rose Anne Devlin & R. Quentin Grafton, 1998. "Economic Rights and Environmental Wrongs," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1119.
- Soderqvist, Tore & Mitsch, William J. & Turner, R. Kerry, 2000. "Valuation of wetlands in a landscape and institutional perspective," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 1-6, October.
- Victoria M. Edwards & Nathalie A. Steins, 1998. "Developing an Analytical Framework for Multiple-Use Commons," Journal of Theoretical Politics, , vol. 10(3), pages 347-383, July.
- Alchian, Armen A. & Demsetz, Harold, 1973. "The Property Right Paradigm," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 33(1), pages 16-27, March.
- Robert Costanza & Ralph d'Arge & Rudolf de Groot & Stephen Farber & Monica Grasso & Bruce Hannon & Karin Limburg & Shahid Naeem & Robert V. O'Neill & Jose Paruelo & Robert G. Raskin & Paul Sutton & Ma, 1997. "The value of the world's ecosystem services and natural capital," Nature, Nature, vol. 387(6630), pages 253-260, May.
- Smith, Henry E, 2002. "Exclusion versus Governance: Two Strategies for Delineating Property Rights," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(2), pages 453-487, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Syed Arshad Hussain Shah & Syed Akhter Hussain Shah & Mahmood Khalid, 2007. "Incompatibility of Laws and Natural Resources: A Case Study of Land Revenue Laws and Their Implications in Federal Areas of Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 46(4), pages 1105-1117.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Talbot-Jones, Julia & Bennett, Jeff, 2019. "Toward a property rights theory of legal rights for rivers," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 1-1.
- Gabriel Hoh Teck Ling & Pau Chung Leng & Chin Siong Ho, 2019. "Effects of Diverse Property Rights on Rural Neighbourhood Public Open Space (POS) Governance: Evidence from Sabah, Malaysia," Economies, MDPI, vol. 7(2), pages 1-33, June.
- Caballero, Gonzalo, 2015. "Community-based forest management institutions in the Galician communal forests: A new institutional approach," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 347-356.
- MAREK HUDON & BENJAMIN HUYBRECHTS & Anaïs PÉRILLEUX & Marthe NYSSENS, 2017.
"Understanding Cooperative Finance As A New Common,"
Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(2), pages 155-177, June.
- Anaïs Périlleux & Marthe Nyssens, 2016. "Understanding Cooperative Finance as a New Common," LIDAM Discussion Papers IRES 2016002, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Matyukha, Andriy, 2017. "Business groups in agriculture impact of ownership structures on performance: The case of Russia's agroholdings," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Transition Economies 254051, Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO).
- Elinor Ostrom, 2014.
"A Polycentric Approach For Coping With Climate Change,"
Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 15(1), pages 97-134, May.
- Elinor Ostrom, 2008. "A Polycentric Approach For Coping With Climate Change," CEMA Working Papers 578, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Ostrom, Elinor, 2009. "A polycentric approach for coping with climate change," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5095, The World Bank.
- Coriat, Benjamin, 2013. "Le retour des communs," Revue de la Régulation - Capitalisme, institutions, pouvoirs, Association Recherche et Régulation, vol. 14.
- Hundie, Bekele, 2006. "Explaining Changes of Property Rights among Afar Pastoralists, Ethiopia," Institutional Change in Agriculture and Natural Resources Discussion Papers 18833, Humboldt University Berlin, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Wasilewski, Adam & Sikor, Thomas, 2003. "Institutional Options for the Protection of Open Space: Evidence from Poland," Discussion Papers 18887, CEESA: Central and Eastern European Sustainable Agriculture International Research Project.
- Achim SchlÃ¼ter & Insa Theesfeld, 2010. "The grammar of institutions: The challenge of distinguishing between strategies, norms, and rules," Rationality and Society, , vol. 22(4), pages 445-475, November.
- Mwangi, Esther, 2006. "Subdividing the commons: the politics of property rights transformation in Kenya's Maasailand," CAPRi working papers 46, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Rahmat Aris Pratomo & D. Ary A. Samsura & Erwin van der Krabben, 2020. "Transformation of Local People’s Property Rights Induced by New Town Development (Case Studies in Peri-Urban Areas in Indonesia)," Land, MDPI, vol. 9(7), pages 1-24, July.
- Jorge Niosi, 2010. "Building National and Regional Innovation Systems," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14006.
- Soliev, Ilkhom & Theesfeld, Insa & Abert, Eileen & Schramm, Wiebke, 2021. "Benefit sharing and conflict transformation: Insights for and from REDD+ forest governance in sub-Saharan Africa," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 133(C).
- PrÃ©vost, BenoÃ®t & Rivaud, Audrey, 2018. "The World Bankâ€™s environmental strategies: Assessing the influence of a biased use of New Institutional Economics on legal issues," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 29(PB), pages 370-380.
- Quinn, C.H. & Fraser, E.D.G. & Hubacek, K. & Reed, M.S., 2010. "Property rights in UK uplands and the implications for policy and management," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(6), pages 1355-1363, April.
- Robert Costanza, 2021. "The Commons in an Age of Uncertainty: Decolonizing Nature, Economy, and Society," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 97(318), pages 441-443, September.
- Paavola, Jouni, 2007. "Institutions and environmental governance: A reconceptualization," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 93-103, June.
- James Natia Adam & Timothy Adams & Jean-David Gerber, 2021. "The Politics of Decentralization: Competition in Land Administration and Management in Ghana," Land, MDPI, vol. 10(9), pages 1-19, September.
- Meina Cai & Ilia Murtazashvili & Jennifer Murtazashvili & Raufhon Salahodjaev, 2020. "Individualism and governance of the commons," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 184(1), pages 175-195, July.
More about this item
Keywordsinstitutional analysis; types of ownership; law & economics; integrated management; institutional legal theory; estuaries; natural resources management; common pool resources; property rights;
All these keywords.
- K - Law and Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENV-2004-08-23 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-LAW-2004-08-23 (Law & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwple:0408002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: EconWPA (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.