Governance of the Commons: A Role for the State?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert T. Deacon, 1994. "Deforestation and the Rule of Law in a Cross-Section of Countries," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 70(4), pages 414-430.
- Deacon Robert T., 1995. "Assessing the Relationship between Government Policy and Deforestation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Sandeep H. Patel & Thomas C. Pinckney & William K. Jaeger, 1995. "Smallholder Wood Production and Population Pressure in East Africa: Evidence of an Environmental Kuznets Curve?," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 71(4), pages 516-530.
- Arild Angelsen, 1996. "Deforestation: Population or market driven? Different approaches in modelling agricultural expansion," CMI Working Papers WP 1996:9, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
- Ault, David E & Rutman, Gilbert L, 1979. "The Development of Individual Rights to Property in Tribal Africa," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(1), pages 163-182, April.
- Anderson, Terry L & Hill, Peter J, 1990. "The Race for Property Rights," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(1), pages 177-197, April.
- Dewees, Peter A., 1995. "Trees on farms in Malawi: Private investment, public policy, and farmer choice," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(7), pages 1085-1102, July.
- Kahn, James R. & McDonald, Judith A., 1995. "Third-world debt and tropical deforestation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 107-123, February.
- Capistrano, Ana Doris & Kiker, Clyde F., 1995. "Macro-scale economic influences on tropical forest depletion," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 21-29, July.
- Bluffstone Randall A., 1995. "The Effect of Labor Market Performance on Deforestation in Developing Countries under Open Access: An Example from Rural Nepal," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 42-63, July.
- Edward B. Barbier & Nancy Bockstael & Joanne C. Burgess & Ivar Strand, 1995. "The Linkages between the Timber Trade and Tropical Deforestation—Indonesia," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(3), pages 411-442, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abhilas Pradhan & Rabinarayan Patra, 2013. "Heterogeneity, collective action and management sustainability in common property forest resources: case study from the Indian state Odisha," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 979-997, August.
- Coglan, Louisa & Pascoe, Sean, 2015. "Corporate-cooperative management of fisheries: A potential alternative governance structure for low value small fisheries?," Marine Policy, Elsevier, pages 27-35.
- Wasilewski, Adam & Krukowski, Kryztof, 2002. "Land Conversion of Suburban Housing: A Study of Urbanization around Warsaw and Olsztyn, Poland," Discussion Papers 18892, CEESA: Central and Eastern European Sustainable Agriculture International Research Project.
- Yang, Yuwen & Cullen, Ross & Hearnshaw, Edward & Macdonald, Ian A., 2014. "An evaluation of self-governance in the New Zealand Bluff oyster fishery – The indicator system approach," Marine Policy, Elsevier, pages 273-282.
- Quinn, C.H. & Fraser, E.D.G. & Hubacek, K. & Reed, M.S., 2010. "Property rights in UK uplands and the implications for policy and management," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(6), pages 1355-1363, April.
- Vail, David & Heldt, Tobias, 2004. "Governing snowmobilers in multiple-use landscapes: Swedish and Maine (USA) cases," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 469-483, April.
- Tobias Heldt, 2005. "Conditional cooperation in the field: Cross-country skiers' behavior in sweden," Natural Field Experiments 00268, The Field Experiments Website.
- Quentin Grafton, R. & Kompas, Tom & McLoughlin, Richard & Rayns, Nick, 2007. "Benchmarking for fisheries governance," Marine Policy, Elsevier, pages 470-479.
- Penov, Ivan, 2004. "Institutional Options for Sustainable Irrigation: An Evidence from Bulgaria," Discussion Papers 18898, CEESA: Central and Eastern European Sustainable Agriculture International Research Project.
- Keijiro Otsuka & Ridish Pokharel, 2014. "In search of appropriate institutions for forest management," GRIPS Discussion Papers 13-25, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Wim van de Griendt, 2004. "A law & economics approach to the study of integrated management regimes of estuaries," Law and Economics 0408002, EconWPA.
- Neudert, Regina & Rühs, Michael, 2013. "The Race for Leasing Rights: Pasture Access and Institutional Change During Post-socialist Reforms in Azerbaijan," Institutional Change in Agriculture and Natural Resources Discussion Papers 148489, Humboldt University Berlin, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Gibson, Clark C. & Williams, John T. & Ostrom, Elinor, 2005. "Local Enforcement and Better Forests," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 273-284, February.
- Lawson-Remer, Terra, 2013. "Do Stronger Collective Property Rights Improve Household Welfare? Evidence from a Field Study in Fiji," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 207-225.
- Ratinger, Tomas & Krumalova, Veronika & Prazan, Jaroslav, 2004. "Institutional Options for the Conservation of Biodiversity: Evidence from the Czech Republic," Discussion Papers 18888, CEESA: Central and Eastern European Sustainable Agriculture International Research Project.
- Brendan Guy, 2014. "Re-conceptualising Commitments to Sustainable Development in the 21st Century – Nurturing Action and Accountability in the Networked World," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 45(2), pages 223-244.
- Sikor, Thomas, 2002. "The Commons in Transition," Discussion Papers 18880, CEESA: Central and Eastern European Sustainable Agriculture International Research Project.
- Wasilewski, Adam & Sikor, Thomas, 2003. "Institutional Options for the Protection of Open Space: Evidence from Poland," Discussion Papers 18887, CEESA: Central and Eastern European Sustainable Agriculture International Research Project.
More about this item
- Q20 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - General
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:landec:v:76:y:2000:i:4:p:504-517. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://le.uwpress.org/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .