Governance of the Commons: A Role for the State?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abhilas Pradhan & Rabinarayan Patra, 2013. "Heterogeneity, collective action and management sustainability in common property forest resources: case study from the Indian state Odisha," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 979-997, August.
- Paul D'Arcy, 2014. "The Lawless Sea? Policy Options for Voluntary Compliance Regimes in Offshore Resource Zones in the Pacific," Asia and the Pacific Policy Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(2), pages 297-311, May.
- Coglan, Louisa & Pascoe, Sean, 2015. "Corporate-cooperative management of fisheries: A potential alternative governance structure for low value small fisheries?," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 27-35.
- Wasilewski, Adam & Krukowski, Kryztof, 2002. "Land Conversion of Suburban Housing: A Study of Urbanization around Warsaw and Olsztyn, Poland," Discussion Papers 18892, CEESA: Central and Eastern European Sustainable Agriculture International Research Project.
- Yang, Yuwen & Cullen, Ross & Hearnshaw, Edward & Macdonald, Ian A., 2014. "An evaluation of self-governance in the New Zealand Bluff oyster fishery – The indicator system approach," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 273-282.
- Quinn, C.H. & Fraser, E.D.G. & Hubacek, K. & Reed, M.S., 2010. "Property rights in UK uplands and the implications for policy and management," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(6), pages 1355-1363, April.
- Vail, David & Heldt, Tobias, 2004. "Governing snowmobilers in multiple-use landscapes: Swedish and Maine (USA) cases," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 469-483, April.
- Tobias Heldt, 2005. "Conditional cooperation in the field: Cross-country skiers' behavior in sweden," Natural Field Experiments 00268, The Field Experiments Website.
- Quentin Grafton, R. & Kompas, Tom & McLoughlin, Richard & Rayns, Nick, 2007. "Benchmarking for fisheries governance," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 470-479, July.
- Penov, Ivan, 2004. "Institutional Options for Sustainable Irrigation: An Evidence from Bulgaria," Discussion Papers 18898, CEESA: Central and Eastern European Sustainable Agriculture International Research Project.
- Keijiro Otsuka & Ridish Pokharel, 2014. "In search of appropriate institutions for forest management," GRIPS Discussion Papers 13-25, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Wim van de Griendt, 2004. "A law & economics approach to the study of integrated management regimes of estuaries," Law and Economics 0408002, EconWPA.
- Neudert, Regina & Rühs, Michael, 2013. "The Race for Leasing Rights: Pasture Access and Institutional Change During Post-socialist Reforms in Azerbaijan," Institutional Change in Agriculture and Natural Resources Discussion Papers 148489, Humboldt University Berlin, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Gibson, Clark C. & Williams, John T. & Ostrom, Elinor, 2005. "Local Enforcement and Better Forests," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 273-284, February.
- Lawson-Remer, Terra, 2013. "Do Stronger Collective Property Rights Improve Household Welfare? Evidence from a Field Study in Fiji," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 207-225.
- Ratinger, Tomas & Krumalova, Veronika & Prazan, Jaroslav, 2004. "Institutional Options for the Conservation of Biodiversity: Evidence from the Czech Republic," Discussion Papers 18888, CEESA: Central and Eastern European Sustainable Agriculture International Research Project.
- Brendan Guy, 2014. "Re-conceptualising Commitments to Sustainable Development in the 21st Century – Nurturing Action and Accountability in the Networked World," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 45(2), pages 223-244.
- Sikor, Thomas, 2002. "The Commons in Transition," Discussion Papers 18880, CEESA: Central and Eastern European Sustainable Agriculture International Research Project.
- Wasilewski, Adam & Sikor, Thomas, 2003. "Institutional Options for the Protection of Open Space: Evidence from Poland," Discussion Papers 18887, CEESA: Central and Eastern European Sustainable Agriculture International Research Project.
- Dale Squires, 2014. "Biodiversity Conservation in Asia," Asia and the Pacific Policy Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(1), pages 144-159, January.
More about this item
- Q20 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - General
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:landec:v:76:y:2000:i:4:p:504-517. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://le.uwpress.org/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .