A Model of Remittance Determination Applied to Middle East and North Africa Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stark, Oded & Lucas, Robert E B, 1988. "Migration, Remittances, and the Family," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(3), pages 465-481, April.
- Stark, Oded & Taylor, J Edward, 1991.
"Migration Incentives, Migration Types: The Role of Relative Deprivation,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(408), pages 1163-1178, September.
- Stark, Oded & Taylor, J. Edward, 1990. "Migration Incentives, Migration Types: The Role Of Relative Deprivation," Working Papers 225854, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Nicholas P. Glytsos, 1997. "Remitting Behaviour of "Temporary" and "Permanent" Migrants: The Case of Greeks in Germany and Australia," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 11(3), pages 409-435, November.
- Lucas, Robert E B & Stark, Oded, 1985. "Motivations to Remit: Evidence from Botswana," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(5), pages 901-918, October.
- Glytsos, Nicholas & Katseli, Louka Tarsitsa, 1986. "Theoretical and Empirical Determinants of International Labour Mobility: A Greek-German Perspective," CEPR Discussion Papers 148, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hoddinott, John, 1994. "A Model of Migration and Remittances Applied to Western Kenya," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(3), pages 459-476, July.
- Elbadawi, Ibrahim & de Rezende Rocha, Robert, 1992. "Determinants of expatriate workers'remittances in North Africa and Europe," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1038, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ghazi Al-Assaf & Abdullah M. Al-Malki, 2014. "Modelling the Macroeconomic Determinants of Workers’ Remittances: The Case of Jordan," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 4(3), pages 514-526.
- Bettin, Giulia & Paçacı Elitok, Seçil & Straubhaar, Thomas, 2012. "Causes and consequences of the downturn in financial remittances to Turkey: A descriptive approach," Edition HWWI: Chapters,in: Turkey, migration and the EU, pages 133-166 Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Aysit Tansel & Pinar Yasar, 2010.
"Macroeconomic impact of remittances on output growth: Evidence from Turkey,"
Transnational Press London, UK, vol. 7(2), pages 132-143, October.
- Tansel, Aysit & Ya?ar, P?nar, 2010. "Macroeconomic Impact of Remittances on Output Growth: Evidence from Turkey," IZA Discussion Papers 5376, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Aysit Tansel & Pinar Yasar, 2010. "Macroeconomic Impact of Remittances on Output Growth: Evidence from Turkey," ERC Working Papers 1002, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Jun 2010.
- Aysit Tansel & Pinar Yasar, 2010. "Macroeconomic Impact of Remittances on Output Growth: Evidence From Turkey," Working Papers 2010/12, Turkish Economic Association.
- Aysit Tansel & Pinar Yasar, 2011. "Macroeconomic Impact of Remittances on Output Growth: Evidence from Turkey," Working Papers 586, Economic Research Forum, revised 05 Jan 2011.
- Jonathan Yoder & Adam McCoy & Mudziviri Nziramasanga, 2008.
"The check is in the mail: Household characteristics and migrant remittance from the U.S. to Mexico,"
2008-1, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
- Jonathan Yoder & Adam McCoy & Mudziviri Nziramasanga, 2008. "The check is in the mail: Household characteristics and migrant remittance from the U.S. to Mexico," Working Papers 2008-1, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
- López Parra, Elibeth & Cruz-Rodríguez, Alexis, 2016.
"Determinantes macroeconómicos de las remesas en los países del DR-CAFTA
[Macroeconomic determinants of remittances in the countries of DR- CAFTA]," MPRA Paper 68886, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsModel; Migration; Remittances; Determinants; MENA;
- J - Labor and Demographic Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-05-23 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpla:0505016. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.