Rules of Origin under the Australia–New Zealand CER Trade Agreement
Rules of origin arrangements under the Australia–New Zealand Closer Economic Relations Trade Agreement (CER) were referred to the Commission for examination and report by May 2004. The request stemmed from concerns that Australian and New Zealand firms were having difficulty achieving the minimum content threshold set down under the CER. The Commission’s final report recommended that the CER rules of origin, which confine access to trade concessions to goods produced in Australia or New Zealand, should be liberalised.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael L. Mussa, 1984. "The Economics of Content Protection," NBER Working Papers 1457, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rosalie McLachlan & Colin Clark & Ian Monday, 2002. "Australia's service sector: a study in diversity," Development and Comp Systems 0203002, EconWPA.
- Rod Falvey & Geoff Reed, 1998.
"Economic effects of rules of origin,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer, vol. 134(2), pages 209-229, June.
- AUGIER Patricia & GAZIOREK Michael & LAITONG Charles, 2004.
"The Impact of Rules of Origin On Trade Flows,"
- Paul M. Romer, 1993.
"New Goods, Old Theory, and the Welfare Costs of Trade Restrictions,"
NBER Working Papers
4452, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Romer, Paul, 1994. "New goods, old theory, and the welfare costs of trade restrictions," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 5-38, February.
- Grossman, Gene M, 1981. "The Theory of Domestic Content Protection and Content Preference," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 96(4), pages 583-603, November.
- Kala Krishna & Anne Krueger, 1995. "Implementing Free Trade Areas: Rules of Origin and Hidden Protection," NBER Working Papers 4983, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hoekman, Bernard, 1993. "Rules of Origin for Goods and Services: Conceptual Issues and Economic Considerations," CEPR Discussion Papers 821, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kala Krishna, 2005. "Understanding Rules of Origin," NBER Working Papers 11150, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Findlay, Christopher C., 2002. "Walking and chewing gum at the same time: Australia’s free trade area strategy," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 46(4), December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpit:0410001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.