The Productivity of Pharmaceuticals in Improving Health: An Analysis of the OECD Health Data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wolfe, Barbara & Gabay, Mary, 1987. "Health status and medical expenditures: More evidence of a link," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 25(8), pages 883-888, January.
- Frech, H. E. III & Miller, Richard D. Jr., 1996. "The Productivity of Health Care and Pharmaceuticals: An International Comparison," University of California at Los Angeles, Research Program in Pharmaceutical Economics and Policy qt0d90459k, Research Program in Pharmaceutical Economics and Policy, UCLA.
- Szuba, Tadeusz J., 1986. "International comparison of drug consumption: Impact of prices," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 22(10), pages 1019-1025, January.
- Charles T. Stewart Jr., 1971. "Allocation of Resources to Health," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 6(1), pages 103-122.
- Frank R. Lichtenberg, 1996. "The Effect of Pharmaceutical Utilization and Innovation on Hospitalization and Mortality," NBER Working Papers 5418, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frank R. Lichtenberg, 1998. "Pharmaceutical Innovation, Mortality Reduction, and Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 6569, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wolfe, Barbara L., 1986. "Health status and medical expenditures: Is there a link?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 22(10), pages 993-999, January.
- Sudhir Anand & Martin Ravallion, 1993. "Human Development in Poor Countries: On the Role of Private Incomes and Public Services," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(1), pages 133-150, Winter.
- Bidani, Benu & Ravallion, Martin, 1997.
"Decomposing social indicators using distributional data,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 125-139, March.
- Bidani, Benu & Ravallion, Martin, 1995. "Decomposing social indicators using distributional data," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1487, The World Bank.
- Andrew H. Briggs & David E. Wonderling & Christopher Z. Mooney, 1997. "Pulling cost-effectiveness analysis up by its bootstraps: A non-parametric approach to confidence interval estimation," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(4), pages 327-340.
- Wnuk-Lipinski, Edmund & Illsey, Raymond, 1990. "International comparative analysis: Main findings and conclusions," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 879-889, January.
- Peter Kennedy, 2003. "A Guide to Econometrics, 5th Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 5, volume 1, number 026261183x, January.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth production; life expectancy; pharmaceuticals; OECD; ecological studies;
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-07-31 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2002-10-27 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-HEA-2002-07-31 (Health Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2002-07-31 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwphe:0206001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .