Social and environmental factors and life expectancy, infant mortality, and maternal mortality rates: Results of a cross-national comparison
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yaroslava Babych, 2017. "The International Spillover Effects of Political Transitions," Working Papers 009-17, International School of Economics at TSU, Tbilisi, Republic of Georgia.
- Roll, Kathrin, 2012. "The influence of regional health care structures on delay in diagnosis of rare diseases: The case of Marfan Syndrome," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 105(2), pages 119-127.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:194:y:2017:i:c:p:87-95 is not listed on IDEAS
- Charles Kenny, 2009. "There's more to life than money: Exploring the levels|growth paradox in income and health," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(1), pages 24-41.
- David Pottebaum & Ravi Kanbur, 2004.
"Civil war, public goods and the social wealth of nations,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(4), pages 459-484.
- Pottebaum, David & Kanbur, Ravi, 2001. "Civil War, Public Goods and the Social Wealth of Nations," Working Papers 127670, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Pottebaum, David, 2002. "Civil War, Public Goods and the Social Wealth of Nations," CEPR Discussion Papers 3124, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Evans,David & Goldstein,Markus P. & Popova,Anna, 2015. "The next wave of deaths from Ebola ? the impact of health care worker mortality," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7344, The World Bank.
- Pablo Villalobos Dintrans & Claire Chaumont, 2017. "Examining the relationship between human resources and mortality: the effects of methodological choices," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 62(3), pages 361-370, April.
- Liebert, H. & MÃ¤der, B., 2016. "Marginal effects of physician coverage on infant and disease mortality," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 16/17, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Hakobyan, Mihran & Mkrtchyan, Ararat & Yepiskoposyan, Levon, 2006. "Infant mortality in Armenia, 1992-2003," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 351-358, December.
- Liebert, Helge & Mäder, Beatrice, 2017. "The impact of regional health care coverage on infant mortality and disease incidence," Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking 168103, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:196:y:2018:i:c:p:96-105 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ya-Hui Huang & Chien-Chiang Lee & Chun-Ping Chang, 2016. "Medical Personnel and Life Expectancy: New Evidence from Taiwan," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 128(3), pages 1425-1447, September.
- Arno Tausch & Almas Heshmati, 2013. "Worker remittances and the global preconditions of ‘smart development’," Society and Economy, Akadémiai Kiadó, Hungary, vol. 35(1), pages 25-50, April.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Nanthakumar Loganathan & Nooreen Mujahid & Amjad Ali & Ahmed Nawaz, 2016.
"Determinants of Life Expectancy and its Prospects Under the Role of Economic Misery: A Case of Pakistan,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 126(3), pages 1299-1316, April.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Loganathan, Nanthakumar & Mujahid, Nooreen & Ali, Amjad & Nawaz, Ahmed, 2015. "Determinants of Life Expectancy and its Prospects under the Role of Economic Misery: A Case of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 67167, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Oct 2015.
- Arno Tausch & Almas Heshmati, 2012.
"Migration, Openness and the Global Preconditions of "Smart Development","
Bogazici Journal, Review of Social, Economic and Administrative Studies,
Bogazici University, Department of Economics, vol. 26(2), pages 1-62.
- Tausch, Arno & Heshmati, Almas, 2011. "Migration, Openness and the Global Preconditions of 'Smart Development'," IZA Discussion Papers 6169, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Poudyal, Neelam C. & Hodges, Donald G. & Bowker, J.M. & Cordell, H.K., 2009. "Evaluating natural resource amenities in a human life expectancy production function," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 253-259, July.
- Liebert, Helge & Mäder, Beatrice, 2016. "The impact of regional health care coverage on infant mortality and disease incidence," Economics Working Paper Series 1620, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Casabonne, Ursula & Kenny, Charles, 2012. "The Best Things in Life are (Nearly) Free: Technology, Knowledge, and Global Health," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 21-35.
- Audi, Marc & Ali, Amjad, 2016. "Socio-Economic Status and Life Expectancy in Lebanon: An Empirical Analysis," MPRA Paper 72900, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsinternational comparisons economic factors sanitation maternal mortality rate infant mortality rate life expectancy at birth;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:39:y:1994:i:1:p:105-114. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.