On the Interpretation of Factor Analysis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Armstrong, J. Scott & Soelberg, Peer, 1968. "On the interpretation of factor analysis," MPRA Paper 81665, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Louis Guttman, 1954. "Some necessary conditions for common-factor analysis," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 19(2), pages 149-161, June.
- J. Guilford, 1961. "Psychological measurement a hundred and twenty-five years later," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 26(1), pages 109-127, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Freeman, Steven F. & International Motor Vehicle Program., 1993. "Identity maintenance and adaptation : multilevel analysis of response to loss," Working papers w-0093a, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Yang Zhang & Menglong Xia & Yingni Liu, 2023. "The Causality and Antecedents of Tourism Small & Medium-Sized Enterprises’ (SMEs) Coopetition in Complex Institutional Contexts," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 15(6), pages 1-15, March.
- Carlos M. Del Rio & Lyle J. White, 2014. "Hylomorphic Attitudinal Spirituality," SAGE Open, , vol. 4(1), pages 21582440135, January.
- Ilse Botha, 2010. "A Comparative Analysis Of The Synchronisation Of Business Cycles For Developed And Developing Economies With The World Business Cycle," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 78(2), pages 192-207, June.
- Maurizio Vichi, 2017. "Disjoint factor analysis with cross-loadings," Advances in Data Analysis and Classification, Springer;German Classification Society - Gesellschaft für Klassifikation (GfKl);Japanese Classification Society (JCS);Classification and Data Analysis Group of the Italian Statistical Society (CLADAG);International Federation of Classification Societies (IFCS), vol. 11(3), pages 563-591, September.
- Brosnan, Kylie & GrÃ¼n, Bettina & Dolnicar, Sara, 2018. "Identifying superfluous survey items," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 39-45.
- Yang Zhang & Su Zhang & Fu-Chieh Hsu, 2023. "Crisis Management Performance of Upscale Hotels in the Greater Bay Area, China: A Comparative Study in a Complex Institutional Situation," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 15(6), pages 1-24, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- GUO-FITOUSSI, Liang, 2013. "A Comparison of the Finite Sample Properties of Selection Rules of Factor Numbers in Large Datasets," MPRA Paper 50005, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Louis Guttman, 1955. "A generalized simplex for factor analysis," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 20(3), pages 173-192, September.
- Nico Migenda & Ralf Möller & Wolfram Schenck, 2021. "Adaptive dimensionality reduction for neural network-based online principal component analysis," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 16(3), pages 1-32, March.
- Anos-Casero, Paloma & Udomsaph, Charles, 2009. "What drives firm productivity growth ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4841, The World Bank.
- Gerhard Derflinger, 1984. "A loss function for alpha factor analysis," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 49(3), pages 325-330, September.
- Taiki Yoshida & Yohei Otaka & Shin Kitamura & Kazuki Ushizawa & Masashi Kumagai & Yuto Kurihara & Jun Yaeda & Rieko Osu, 2022. "Development and validation of new evaluation scale for measuring stroke patients’ motivation for rehabilitation in rehabilitation wards," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 17(3), pages 1-17, March.
- Kate Elizabeth Gannon, Mike Hulme, 2017. "Geoengineering at the ‘edge of the world’: exploring perceptions of ocean fertilization through the Haida Salmon Restoration Corporation," GRI Working Papers 280, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Trucíos, Carlos & Mazzeu, João H.G. & Hotta, Luiz K. & Valls Pereira, Pedro L. & Hallin, Marc, 2021.
"Robustness and the general dynamic factor model with infinite-dimensional space: Identification, estimation, and forecasting,"
International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 1520-1534.
- Trucíos Maza, Carlos César & Mazzeu, João H. G. & Hotta, Luiz Koodi & Pereira, Pedro L. Valls & Hallin, Marc, 2020. "Robustness and the general dynamic factor model with infinite-dimensional space: identification, estimation, and forecasting," Textos para discussão 521, FGV EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Fundação Getulio Vargas (Brazil).
- Yoo, Sun-Young & Vonk, M. Elizabeth, 2012. "The development and initial validation of the Immigrant Parental Stress Inventory (IPSI) in a sample of Korean immigrant parents," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 989-998.
- Oscar Claveria & Enric Monte & Salvador Torra, 2017. "A new approach for the quantification of qualitative measures of economic expectations," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 51(6), pages 2685-2706, November.
- Kevin Handtke & Lisa Richter-Beuschel & Susanne Bögeholz, 2022. "Self-Efficacy Beliefs of Teaching ESD: A Theory-Driven Instrument and the Effectiveness of ESD in German Teacher Education," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(11), pages 1-32, May.
- Horstmann, Felix, 2017. "Measuring the shopper's attitude toward the point of sale display: Scale development and validation," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 112-123.
- Jaung, Wanggi & Putzel, Louis & Bull, Gary Q. & Kozak, Robert & Markum,, 2016. "Certification of forest watershed services: A Q methodology analysis of opportunities and challenges in Lombok, Indonesia," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 22(PA), pages 51-59.
- Chun, JongSerl & Kim, Jinyung & Lee, Serim, 2023. "Development of a cyberbullying victimization scale for adolescents in South Korea," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 144(C).
- Marconi, Gabriele, 2014. "European higher education policies and the problem of estimating a complex model with a small cross-section," MPRA Paper 87600, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Philip DuBois, 1960. "An analysis of Guttman's simplex," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 25(2), pages 173-182, June.
- Trucíos, Carlos & Hotta, Luiz K. & Valls Pereira, Pedro L., 2019.
"On the robustness of the principal volatility components,"
Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 201-219.
- Trucíos Maza, Carlos César & Hotta, Luiz Koodi & Pereira, Pedro L. Valls, 2018. "On the robustness of the principal volatility components," Textos para discussão 474, FGV EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Fundação Getulio Vargas (Brazil).
- Rue, Lisa A. & Estrada, Samantha & Floren, Michael & MacKinnon, Krista, 2016. "Formative evaluation: Developing measures for online family mental health recovery education," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 27-34.
- Ana Calderon & Knut Arne Hooper Storeide & Cecilie Elvejord & Helene Amundsen Nissen-Lie & Randi Ulberg & Hanne-Sofie Johnsen Dahl, 2022. "Examining Psychotherapeutic Processes with Depressed Adolescents: A Comparative Study of Two Psychodynamic Therapies," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 19(24), pages 1-20, December.
- Christina Chiang & Paul K. Wells & Peter Fieger & Divesh S. Sharma, 2021. "An investigation into student satisfaction, approaches to learning and the learning context in Auditing," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 61(1), pages 913-936, March.
More about this item
- A - General Economics and Teaching
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HPE-2005-04-16 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpgt:0502003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: EconWPA (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.