Non-Time Additive Utility Optimization - the Case of Certainty
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bank, Peter & Riedel, Frank, 2000. "Non-time additive utility optimization--the case of certainty," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 271-290, April.
- Riedel, Frank & Bank, Peter, 1998. "Non-time additive utility optimization: The case of certainty," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1998,108, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sundaresan, Suresh M, 1989. "Intertemporally Dependent Preferences and the Volatility of Consumption and Wealth," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 2(1), pages 73-89.
- Hindy, Ayman & Huang, Chi-fu & Kreps, David, 1992. "On intertemporal preferences in continuous time : The case of certainty," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 401-440.
- Constantinides, George M, 1990.
"Habit Formation: A Resolution of the Equity Premium Puzzle,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(3), pages 519-543, June.
- G. Constantinides, 1990. "Habit formation: a resolution of the equity premium puzzle," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1397, David K. Levine.
- Hindy, Ayman & Huang, Chi-fu, 1992. "Intertemporal Preferences for Uncertain Consumption: A Continuous Time Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(4), pages 781-801, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bank, Peter & Riedel, Frank, 1999.
"Optimal consumption choice under uncertainty with intertemporal substitution,"
SFB 373 Discussion Papers
1999,71, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Peter Bank & Frank Riedel, 1999. "Optimal Consumption Choice under Uncertainty with Intertemporal Substitution," GE, Growth, Math methods 9908002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/2317 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gilboa, Itzhak & Postlewaite, Andrew & Samuelson, Larry, 2016. "Memorable consumption," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 165(C), pages 414-455.
- Peter Bank & Frank Riedel, 2003. "Optimal Dynamic Choice of Durable and Perishable Goods," Levine's Bibliography 666156000000000402, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Gundel, Anne & Weber, Stefan, 2008. "Utility maximization under a shortfall risk constraint," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(11), pages 1126-1151, December.
- Carlier Guillaume & Dana Rose-Anne, 2006. "Law invariant concave utility functions and optimization problems with monotonicity and comonotonicity constraints," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 24(1/2006), pages 1-26, July.
More about this item
Keywordsintertemporal utility; non time additive utility;
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Role and Effects of Psychological, Emotional, Social, and Cognitive Factors on Decision Making
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-1998-12-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-EVO-1998-12-09 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-MIC-1998-12-09 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpge:9811002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.