Time and nodal decomposition with implicit non-anticipativity constraints in dynamic portfolio optimization
We propose a decomposition method for the solution of a dynamic portfolio optimization problem which fits the formulation of a multistage stochastic programming problem. The method allows to obtain time and nodal decomposition of the problem in its arborescent formulation applying a discrete version of Pontryagin Maximum Principle. The solution of the decomposed problems is coordinated through a fixed- point weighted iterative scheme. The introduction of an optimization step in the choice of the weights at each iteration allows to solve the original problem in a very efficient way.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Diana Barro & Elio Canestrelli, 2009.
"Tracking error: a multistage portfolio model,"
Annals of Operations Research,
Springer, vol. 165(1), pages 47-66, January.
- Diana Barro & Elio Canestrelli, 2005. "Tracking Error: a multistage portfolio model," GE, Growth, Math methods 0510012, EconWPA.
- John R. Birge & Liqun Qi, 1988. "Computing Block-Angular Karmarkar Projections with Applications to Stochastic Programming," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(12), pages 1472-1479, December.
- A. Ruszczynski, 1994. "On Augmented Lagrangian Decomposition Methods For Multistage Stochastic Programs," Working Papers wp94005, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- C.H. Rosa & A. Ruszczynski, 1994. "On Augmented Lagrangian Decomposition Methods for Multistage Stochastic Programs," Working Papers wp94125, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Barro, Diana & Canestrelli, Elio, 2005. "Dynamic portfolio optimization: Time decomposition using the Maximum Principle with a scenario approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 163(1), pages 217-229, May.
- Vladimirou, Hercules, 1998. "Computational assessment of distributed decomposition methods for stochastic linear programs," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 108(3), pages 653-670, August.
- John R. Birge, 1985. "Decomposition and Partitioning Methods for Multistage Stochastic Linear Programs," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 33(5), pages 989-1007, October. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpge:0510011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.