Combining stochastic programming and optimal control to solve multistage stochastic optimization problems
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Diana Barro & Elio Canestrelli, 2009. "Tracking error: a multistage portfolio model," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 165(1), pages 47-66, January.
- Diana Barro & Elio Canestrelli, 2005. "Time and nodal decomposition with implicit non-anticipativity constraints in dynamic portfolio optimization," GE, Growth, Math methods 0510011, EconWPA.
- A. Ruszczynski, 1994.
"On Augmented Lagrangian Decomposition Methods For Multistage Stochastic Programs,"
wp94005, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- C.H. Rosa & A. Ruszczynski, 1994. "On Augmented Lagrangian Decomposition Methods for Multistage Stochastic Programs," Working Papers wp94125, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Barro, Diana & Canestrelli, Elio, 2005. "Dynamic portfolio optimization: Time decomposition using the Maximum Principle with a scenario approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 163(1), pages 217-229, May.
- Jitka Dupačová & Giorgio Consigli & Stein Wallace, 2000. "Scenarios for Multistage Stochastic Programs," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 100(1), pages 25-53, December.
- John R. Birge, 1985. "Decomposition and Partitioning Methods for Multistage Stochastic Linear Programs," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 33(5), pages 989-1007, October.
More about this item
KeywordsStochastic programming; discrete time control problem; decomposition methods; iterative scheme;
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-01-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2012-01-03 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-ORE-2012-01-03 (Operations Research)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ven:wpaper:2011_24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Geraldine Ludbrook). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dsvenit.html .