Growth and Convergence in Southeast Asia Sugarcane Industries
This paper analyses growth and convergence on sugarcane industry in southeast Asia countries. Important questions in this paper are whether the growth of sugar cane industry in Southeast Asia moves toward a convergence or divergence trend over time and to what extent the economic integration influences the development and policy of those countries. This paper is a cross-country study and employs GLS techniques. Some countries involved in the analysis are Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, The Philippines, and Vietnam. The finding suggests that based on ƒÒ convergence approach, both basic variable and equation with dummy indicate that these variables could explain the convergence and speed of convergence within the industry. Furthermore, The regression results also strengthen the finding of £m - convergence.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard E. Baldwin & Philippe Martin & Gianmarco I. P. Ottaviano, 1998.
"Global Income Divergence, Trade and Industrializatiion: The Geography of Growth Take-Offs,"
NBER Working Papers
6458, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baldwin, Richard E & Martin, Philippe & Ottaviano, Gianmarco I P, 2001. "Global Income Divergence, Trade, and Industrialization: The Geography of Growth Take-Offs," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 5-37, March.
- Baldwin, Richard & Martin, Philippe & Ottaviano, Gianmarco, 1998. "Global Income Divergence, Trade and Industrialization: The Geography of Growth Take-Offs," CEPR Discussion Papers 1803, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Baldwin, Richard E. & Martin, Philippe & Ottaviano, Gianmarco I.P., 1998. "Global Income Divergence, Trade and Industrialisation: The Geography of Growth Take-Offs," Working Paper Series 496, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- repec:hhs:iuiwop:496 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpge:0501005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.