Why Companies Go Private in Emerging Markets? Evidence from Poland
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Elitzur, Ramy & Halpern, Paul & Kieschnick, Robert & Rotenberg, Wendy, 1998. "Managerial incentives and the structure of management buyouts," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 347-367, August.
- Servaes, Henri, 1994. "Do Takeover Targets Overinvest?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 7(2), pages 253-277.
- Robert L. Kieschnick, Jr, 1998. "Free Cash Flow and Stockholder Gains in Going Private Transactions Revisited," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(1&2), pages 187-202.
- Halpern, Paul & Kieschnick, Robert & Rotenberg, Wendy, 1999. "On the Heterogeneity of Leveraged Going Private Transactions," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(2), pages 281-309.
- Jensen, Michael C, 1986. "Agency Costs of Free Cash Flow, Corporate Finance, and Takeovers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 323-329, May.
- David J. Denis, 1992. "Corporate Investment Decisions and Corporate Control: Evidence From Going-Private Transactions," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 21(3), Fall.
- Gilson, Stuart C., 1989. "Management turnover and financial distress," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 241-262, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/7707 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsGoing Private; free cash flow; information asymmetry; ownership structure; emerging markets;
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-12-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-FIN-2005-12-09 (Finance)
- NEP-TRA-2005-12-09 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:0511013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .