Do Takeover Targets Overinvest?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Li, Xiaoyang, 2013.
"Productivity, restructuring, and the gains from takeovers,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 250-271.
- Xiaoyang Li, 2013. "Productivity, Restructuring, And The Gains From Takeovers," Working Papers 13-18, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Gao, Ning, 2011. "The adverse selection effect of corporate cash reserve: Evidence from acquisitions solely financed by stock," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 789-808, September.
- Alderson, Michael J. & Betker, Brian L., 2006. "The specification and power of tests to detect abnormal changes in corporate investment," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 738-760, September.
- Sai Ding & Alessandra Guariglia & John Knight, "undated".
"Does China overinvest? Evidence from a panel of Chinese firms,"
12/04, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Sai Ding & Alessandra Guariglia & John Knight, 2010. "Does China overinvest? Evidence from a panel of Chinese firms," Working Papers 2010_32, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- John Knight & Sai Ding and Alessandra Guariglia, 2010. "Does China overinvest? Evidence from a panel of Chinese firms," Economics Series Working Papers 520, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Ding, Sai & Guariglia, Alessandra & Knight, John, 2010. "Does China overinvest? Evidence from a panel of Chinese firms," SIRE Discussion Papers 2010-110, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Sai Ding & Alessandra Guariglia & John Knight, 2010. "Does China overinvest? Evidence from a panel of Chinese firms," Working Papers 2010_05, Durham University Business School.
- Ng, Alex & Donker, Han, 2013. "Purchasing reserves and commodity market timing as takeover motives in the oil and gas industry," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 167-181.
- repec:jfr:ijfr11:v:8:y:2017:i:4:p:80-89 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ferreira, Miguel A. & Matos, Pedro, 2008. "The colors of investors' money: The role of institutional investors around the world," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(3), pages 499-533, June.
- Ignacio Fonseca, 1997. "¿Actúan los dividendos como señal?: un contraste basado en los cambios de la fiscalidad en España (1985-1995)," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 21(1), pages 93-109, January.
- Ouidad Yousfi, 2009. "Leveraged Buy Out: Dynamic agency model with write-off option," EconomiX Working Papers 2009-13, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- D'Mello, Ranjan & Miranda, Mercedes, 2010. "Long-term debt and overinvestment agency problem," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 324-335, February.
- Coles, Jeffrey L. & Daniel, Naveen D. & Naveen, Lalitha, 2006. "Managerial incentives and risk-taking," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 431-468, February.
- Martynova, M. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2005.
"Takeover Waves : Triggers, Performance and Motives,"
2005-029, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Martynova, M. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2005. "Takeover Waves : Triggers, Performance and Motives," Discussion Paper 2005-107, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Prezas, Alexandros P., 2009. "Internal capital markets, empire building, and capital structure," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 173-188.
- repec:spt:apfiba:v:7:y:2017:i:6:f:7_6_6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lewellen, Wilbur G. & Badrinath, S. G., 1997. "On the measurement of Tobin's q," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 77-122, April.
- Martynova, M., 2006. "The market for corporate control and corporate governance regulation in Europe," Other publications TiSEM 8651e281-4914-41f2-ac14-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Ouidad Yousfi, 2007.
"Le rôle de la dette dans le LBO : une revue de la littérature,"
EconomiX Working Papers
2007-8, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Yousfi, Ouidad, 2007.
"Le rôle de la dette dans le LBO : une revue de la littérature
[Debt in LBO projects: survey of the literature]," MPRA Paper 28708, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2007.
- Yousfi, Ouidad, 2007. "Le rôle de la dette dans le LBO : une revue de la littérature
- Victoria Cherkasova & Evgeniya Zakharova, 2016. "Suboptimal Investments And M&A Deals In Emerging Capital Markets," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, vol. 61(208), pages 93-120, January -.
- Oskar Kowalewski & Krzysztof Jackowicz, 2005. "Why Companies Go Private in Emerging Markets? Evidence from Poland," Finance 0511013, EconWPA.
- Bengt Holmstrom & Steven N. Kaplan, 2001. "Corporate Governance and Merger Activity in the United States: Making Sense of the 1980s and 1990s," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(2), pages 121-144, Spring.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:rfinst:v:7:y:1994:i:2:p:253-77. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfsssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.