Security Analysts and Market Reaction:Caveat for Monitoring
Security analysts, analyst forecast and market reaction are anecdotal in restructuring transactions, sometime conflicting and some other time imperative to the process of transaction. This article attempts to highlight a consistent association between analyst, market reaction and corporate restructuring. A close intermediation between those themes is analysed in this article, implying the relationship is contiguous. However issues of delayed price adjustment, conglomerate stock break-ups and negative earnings surprises are not discussed in this paper, though such factors are ingeniously important and crucial to the process of corporate restructuring.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Frank R Lichtenberg & Donald Siegel, 1989.
"The Effects Of Leveraged Buyouts On Productivity And Related Aspects Of Firm Behavior,"
89-5, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Lichtenberg, Frank R. & Siegel, Donald, 1990. "The effects of leveraged buyouts on productivity and related aspects of firm behavior," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 165-194, September.
- Frank R. Lichtenberg & Donald Siegel, 1991. "The Effects of Leveraged Buyouts on Productivity and Related Aspects of Firm Behavior," NBER Working Papers 3022, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Doukas, John A. & McKnight, Phillip J. & Pantzalis, Christos, 2005.
"Security analysis, agency costs, and UK firm characteristics,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 493-507.
- Doukas, John A. & Phillip J. McKnight & Christos Pantzalis, 2002. "Security Analysis, Agency Costs, and UK Firm Characteristics," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 65, Royal Economic Society.
- Brown, David T & Ryngaert, Michael D, 1991. " The Mode of Acquisition in Takeovers: Taxes and Asymmetric Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 653-69, June.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicolás S., 1945-, 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Working papers 1523-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicholas S., 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 187-221, June.
- Peterson, David & Peterson, Pamela, 1982. "The Effect of Changing Expectations upon Stock Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(05), pages 799-813, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:0411039. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.