Estimating the Quality of Economic Governance: A Cross-Country Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sen, Amartya, 1988. "The concept of development," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 1, pages 9-26 Elsevier.
- Stephen Knack & Philip Keefer, 1995. "Institutions And Economic Performance: Cross-Country Tests Using Alternative Institutional Measures," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(3), pages 207-227, November.
- Daniel Kaufmann & Aart Kraay, 2002. "Growth without Governance," ECONOMIA JOURNAL, THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION - LACEA, vol. 0(Fall 2002), pages 169-230, August.
- William Easterly, 2002. "The Elusive Quest for Growth: Economists' Adventures and Misadventures in the Tropics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262550423, January.
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Kraay, Aart & Zoido-Lobaton, Pablo, 1999. "Aggregating governance indicators," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2195, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhou, X. & Li, Kui-Wai, 2010. "Causality between Openness and Indigenous Factors among World Economies," MPRA Paper 36421, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Li, Kui-Wai & Zhou, Xianbo, 2008. "The Commutative Effect and Casuality of Openness and Indigenous Factors Among World Economies," MPRA Paper 35298, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sudip Ranjan Basu, 2005. "The Determinants of Economic Well-being:An Application in the Indian States," Development and Comp Systems 0509009, EconWPA.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic governance; Economic performance; Cross-country analysis; principal component.;
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- N4 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2005-09-17 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2005-09-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2005-09-17 (Central & Western Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpem:0509012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .