Aspects of Outreach: A Framework for the Discussion of the Social Benefits of Microfinance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Navajas, Sergio & Schreiner, Mark & Meyer, Richard L. & Gonzalez-vega, Claudio & Rodriguez-meza, Jorge, 2000.
"Microcredit and the Poorest of the Poor: Theory and Evidence from Bolivia,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 333-346, February.
- Navajas, Sergio & Schreiner, Mark & Meyer, Richard L. & Gonzalez-Vega, Claudio & Rodriguez-Meza, Jorge, 1998. "Microcredit And The Poorest Of The Poor: Theory And Evidence From Bolivia," Economics and Sociology Occasional Papers 28334, Ohio State University, Department of Agricultural, Environmental and Development Economics.
- Xavier Giné & Pamela Jakiela & Dean Karlan & Jonathan Morduch, 2010.
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 60-95, July.
- Xavier Gine & Pamela Jakiela & Dean Karlan & Jonathan Morduch, 2006. "Microfinance Games," Working Papers 2102, The Field Experiments Website.
- Xavier Gine & Pamela Jakiela & Dean Karlan & Jonathan Morduch, 2006. "Microfinance games," Framed Field Experiments 00150, The Field Experiments Website.
- Gine, Xavier & Jakiela, Pamela & Karlan, Dean & Morduch, Jonathan, 2006. "Microfinance games," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3959, The World Bank.
- Dean Karlan & Xavier Gine & Jonathan Morduch & Pamela Jakiela, 2006. "Microfinance Games," Working Papers 936, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Gonzalez-Vega, Claudio & Meyer, Richard L. & Navajas, Sergio & Schreiner, Mark & Rodriguez-Meza, Jorge & Monje, Guillermo F., 1996.
"Microfinance Market Niches And Client Profiles In Bolivia,"
Economics and Sociology Occasional Papers
28332, Ohio State University, Department of Agricultural, Environmental and Development Economics.
- Claudio Gonzalez-Vega & Richard L. Meyer & Sergio Navajas & Mark Schreiner & Jorge Rodriguez-Meza & Guillermo Monje, 2001. "Microfinance Market Niches and Client Profiles in Bolivia," Computational Economics 0109002, EconWPA.
- Marc Bendick Jr. & Mary Lou Egan, 1987. "Transfer Payment Diversion for Small Business Development: British and French Experience," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 40(4), pages 528-542, July.
- North, Douglass C, 1994. "Economic Performance through Time," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(3), pages 359-368, June.
- Morduch, Jonathan, 2000. "The Microfinance Schism," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 617-629, April.
- repec:pri:rpdevs:morduch_microfinance_poor is not listed on IDEAS
- Conning, Jonathan, 1999. "Outreach, sustainability and leverage in monitored and peer-monitored lending," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 51-77, October.
- Jonathan Morduch, 1998. "Does Microfinance Really Help the Poor? New Evidence from Flagship Programs in Bangladesh," Working Papers 198, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Mosley, Paul & Hulme, David, 1998. "Microenterprise finance: Is there a conflict between growth and poverty alleviation?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 783-790, May.
- Mark M. Pitt & Shahidur R. Khandker, 1998. "The Impact of Group-Based Credit Programs on Poor Households in Bangladesh: Does the Gender of Participants Matter?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(5), pages 958-996, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francesc Prior & Antonio Argandoña, 2009. "Best Practices in Credit Accessibility and Corporate Social Responsibility in Financial Institutions," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 87(1), pages 251-265, April.
- Nogales Carvajal, Cristian Ricardo, 2008.
"El éxito de la autorregulación de las instituciones microfinancieras en Bolivia: una prueba empírica
[The success of micro financial institutions' auto-regulation: empiric evidence of the Bolivian ," MPRA Paper 53018, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Dec 2008.
- Cristian Ricardo Nogales Carvajal, 2008. "El exito de la autorregulacion de las instituciones microfinancieras en Bolivia: una prueba empirica," Investigación & Desarrollo 0208, Universidad Privada Boliviana, revised Mar 2008.
- Cristian Ricardo Nogales Carvajal, 2008. "El exito de la autorregulacion de las instituciones microfinancieras en Bolivia: una prueba empirica," Investigación & Desarrollo 8, Universidad Privada Boliviana.
- Mark Schreiner, 2001. "Seven Aspects of Loan Size," Development and Comp Systems 0109001, EconWPA.
- Dufhues, Thomas & Buchenrieder, Gertrud, 2005. "Outreach of credit institutes and households' access constraints to formal credit in Northern Vietnam," Research in Development Economics and Policy (Discussion Paper Series) 8535, Universitaet Hohenheim, Department of Agricultural Economics and Social Sciences in the Tropics and Subtropics.
- Mersland, Roy, 2009.
"The Cost of Ownership in Microfinance Organizations,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 469-478, February.
- Mersland, Roy, 2007. "The cost of ownership in microfinance organization," MPRA Paper 2061, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mersland, Roy & Strøm, Reidar Øystein, 2007.
"Performance and corporate governance in microfinance institutions,"
3888, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mersland, Roy & Strøm, Reidar Øystein, 2007. "Performance and corporate governance in microfinance institutions," MPRA Paper 3887, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roy Mersland & Ludovic Urgeghe, 2011. "Performance and international investments in microfinance institutions," Working Papers CEB 11-054, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
More about this item
KeywordsOutreach; sustainability; cost-benefit analysis; cost-effectiveness analysis;
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
- N3 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpdc:0109003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .