Identifying and quantifying exposures
The paper first examines the various concepts of exposure and relates t hem to existing theories of risk management. It then proceeds to investigate which methods are best suited to measure exposur e under various circumstances. The paper provides a detailed comparison of the pro forma, regression and simulation methods of computing exposures.
|Date of creation:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 700 Fisher Hall, 2100 Neil Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43210-1144|
Web page: http://fisher.osu.edu/fin/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard C. Marston, 1996. "The Effects of Industry Structure on Economic Exposure," NBER Working Papers 5518, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marston, R.C., 1996. "The Effects of Industry Structure on Economic Exposure," Weiss Center Working Papers 96-3, Wharton School - Weiss Center for International Financial Research.
- Mello, Antonio S. & Parsons, John E. & Triantis, Alexander J., 1995. "An integrated model of multinational flexibility and financial hedging," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 27-51, August.
- Smith, Clifford W. & Stulz, René M., 1985. "The Determinants of Firms' Hedging Policies," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(04), pages 391-405, December.
- Froot, Kenneth A & Scharfstein, David S & Stein, Jeremy C, 1993.
" Risk Management: Coordinating Corporate Investment and Financing Policies,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1629-1658, December.
- Kenneth A. Froot & David S. Scharfstein & Jeremy C. Stein, 1992. "Risk Management: Coordinating Corporate Investment and Financing Policies," NBER Working Papers 4084, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jorion, Philippe, 1990. "The Exchange-Rate Exposure of U.S. Multinationals," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63(3), pages 331-345, July. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wop:ohsrfe:9614. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.