On the effectiveness of EU structural funds during the Great Recession: Estimates from a heterogeneous local average treatment effects framework
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sascha O. Becker & Peter H. Egger & Maximilian von Ehrlich, 2013.
"Absorptive Capacity and the Growth and Investment Effects of Regional Transfers: A Regression Discontinuity Design with Heterogeneous Treatment Effects,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy,
American Economic Association, vol. 5(4), pages 29-77, November.
- Becker, Sascha O & Egger, Peter H & Von Ehrlich, Maximilian, 2012. "Absorptive Capacity and the Growth and Investment Effects of Regional Transfers: Regression Discontinuity Design with Heterogeneous Treatment Effects," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 89, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Becker, Sascha O. & Egger, Peter H. & von Ehrlich, Maximilian, 2012.
"Too much of a good thing? On the growth effects of the EU's regional policy,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 648-668.
- Becker, Sascha O. & Egger, Peter & von Ehrlich, Maximilian, 2010. "Too much of a good thing? On the growth effects of the EU's regional policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 8043, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Becker, Sascha O. & Egger, Peter H. & Von Ehrlich, Maximilian, 2012. "Too much of a good thing? On the growth effects of the EU's regional policy," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 70, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Emanuele Ciani & Guido de Blasio, 2015.
"European structural funds during the crisis: evidence from Southern Italy,"
IZA Journal of Labor Policy,
Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 4(1), pages 1-31, December.
- Emanuele Ciani & Guido de Blasio, 2015. "European structural funds during the crisis: evidence from Southern Italy," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 1029, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Guido De Blasio & Emanuele Ciani, 2015. "European Structural Funds During the Crisis: Evidence from Southern Italy," ERSA conference papers ersa15p435, European Regional Science Association.
- Breidenbach, Philipp & Mitze, Timo & Schmidt, Christoph M, 2016.
"EU Structural Funds and Regional Income Convergence - A Sobering Experience,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
11210, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Breidenbach, Philipp & Mitze, Timo & Schmidt, Christoph M., 2016. "EU structural funds and regional income convergence: A sobering experience," Ruhr Economic Papers 608, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Simona Milio, 2007. "Can Administrative Capacity Explain Differences in Regional Performances? Evidence from Structural Funds Implementation in Southern Italy," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(4), pages 429-442.
- Blomström, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 2003. "Human Capital and Inward FDI," EIJS Working Paper Series 167, Stockholm School of Economics, The European Institute of Japanese Studies.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Jörn-Steffen Pischke, 2009. "Mostly Harmless Econometrics: An Empiricist's Companion," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8769, December.
- Fratesi, Ugo & Perucca, Giovanni, 2014. "Territorial Capital and the Effectiveness of Cohesion Policies: an Assessment for CEE Regions," INVESTIGACIONES REGIONALES - Journal of REGIONAL RESEARCH, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 29, pages 165-191.
- Sandy Dall'erba & Julie Le Gallo, 2008.
"Regional convergence and the impact of European structural funds over 1989-1999: A spatial econometric analysis,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 87(2), pages 219-244, June.
- Sandy Dall'erba & Julie Le Gallo, 2003. "Regional Convergence And The Impact Of European Structural Funds Over 1989-1999: A Spatial Econometric Analysis," Urban/Regional 0310005, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 12 Feb 2004.
- Sandy Dall'Erba & Julie Le Gallo, 2008. "Regional convergence and the impact of European structural funds over 1989-1999 : a spatial econometric analysis," Post-Print hal-00485031, HAL.
- Guido Pellegrini & Flavia Terribile & Ornella Tarola & Teo Muccigrosso & Federica Busillo, 2013. "Measuring the effects of European Regional Policy on economic growth: A regression discontinuity approach," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 92(1), pages 217-233, March.
- Tobias Hagen & Philipp Mohl, 2011.
"Econometric Evaluation of EU Cohesion Policy: A Survey,"
Chapters,in: International Handbook on the Economics of Integration, Volume III, chapter 16
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Hagen, Tobias & Mohl, Philipp, 2009. "Econometric evaluation of EU Cohesion Policy: a survey," ZEW Discussion Papers 09-052, ZEW - Leibniz-Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung GmbH Mannheim / Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Michele Boldrin & Fabio Canova, 2001. "Inequality and convergence in Europe's regions: reconsidering European regional policies," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 16(32), pages 205-253, April.
- Zaman, Gheorghe & Georgescu, George, 2009. "Structural Fund Absorption: A New Challenge For Romania?," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 6(1), pages 136-154, March.
- Xiaolan Fu, 2008. "Foreign Direct Investment, Absorptive Capacity and Regional Innovation Capabilities: Evidence from China," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(1), pages 89-110.
- Roberto Esposti & Stefania Bussoletti, 2008. "Impact of Objective 1 Funds on Regional Growth Convergence in the European Union: A Panel-data Approach," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 159-173.
- Durham, J.B.J. Benson, 2004. "Absorptive capacity and the effects of foreign direct investment and equity foreign portfolio investment on economic growth," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 285-306, April.
- Ramajo, Julián & Márquez, Miguel A. & Hewings, Geoffrey J.D. & Salinas, María M., 2008. "Spatial heterogeneity and interregional spillovers in the European Union: Do cohesion policies encourage convergence across regions?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 551-567, April.
- Jale Tosun, 2014. "Absorption of Regional Funds: A Comparative Analysis," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(2), pages 371-387, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Julia Bachtrögler & Christoph Hammer & Wolf Heinrich Reuter & Florian Schwendinger, 2017.
"Spotlight on the beneficiaries of EU regional funds: A new firm-level dataset,"
Department of Economics Working Papers
wuwp246, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Bachtrögler, Julia & Hammer, Christoph & Reuter, Wolf Heinrich & Schwendinger, Florian, 2017. "Spotlight on the beneficiaries of EU regional funds: A new firm-level dataset," Department of Economics Working Paper Series 5545, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Bachtrögler, Julia & Hammer, Christoph & Reuter, Wolf Heinrich & Schwendinger, Florian, 2017. "Spotlight on the beneficiaries of EU regional funds: A new firm-level dataset," Working Papers 02/2017, German Council of Economic Experts / Sachverständigenrat zur Begutachtung der gesamtwirtschaftlichen Entwicklung.
- Konstantins Benkovskis & Olegs Tkacevs & Naomitsu Yashiro, 2018.
"Importance of EU Regional Support Programmes for Firm Performance,"
2018/01, Latvijas Banka.
- Konstantins Benkovskis & Olegs Tkacevs & Naomitsu Yashiro, 2018. "Do EU Funds boost productivity and employment?: Firm level analysis for Latvia," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1525, OECD Publishing.
More about this item
KeywordsStructural Funds; Heterogeneous Treatment Effects; Regional Heterogeneity; Absorptive Capacity; Cohesion; European Union;
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- F35 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Aid
- H77 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Intergovernmental Relations; Federalism
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-08-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2016-08-28 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-EUR-2016-08-28 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-GEO-2016-08-28 (Economic Geography)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwwuw:wuwp230. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Department of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://www.wu.ac.at/economics/en .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.