Innovation Networks in the Learning Economy
This paper presents breakthroughs of the proposal for a methodology to develop innovation networks with virtual links. It considers stages of analysis, design, implementation and follow up and can be applied to both large companies and SMEs. Fragmented approaches have predominance in literature, for this reason we want to close that gap somehow, within the framework of a systemic, dynamic, organic, and transparent approach. The methodology values the already existing contributions, from which new elements have been added, specially the support of electronic networks (ICT). We consider that innovation in networks must transcend spatial frontiers, thus considering virtual links since they turn the organizations faster and more flexible, therefore facilitating a more efficient access to information and knowledge; considered the key aspects in todayâ€™s interactive innovation process. The research methodology was bibliographical, documental, and exploratory.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.ersa.org
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brigitte Preissl, 2003. "Innovation Clusters: Combining Physical and Virtual Links," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 359, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Tödtling, Franz & Kaufmann, Alexander & Lehner, Patrick, 2002.
"Effects of the internet on the spatial structure of innovation networks,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa02p198, European Regional Science Association.
- Kaufmann, A. & Lehner, P. & Todtling, F., 2003. "Effects of the Internet on the spatial structure of innovation networks," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 402-424, September.
- Edward Feser & Edward Bergman, 2000. "National Industry Cluster Templates: A Framework for Applied Regional Cluster Analysis," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(1), pages 1-19.
- Passiante, Giuseppina & Secundo, Giustina, 2002. "From geographical innovation clusters towards virtual innovation clusters: The innovation virtual system," ERSA conference papers ersa02p270, European Regional Science Association.
- Saxenian, AnnaLee, 1991. "The origins and dynamics of production networks in Silicon Valley," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 423-437, October.
- No authors listed, 2001. "New Economy," Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft - WuG, Kammer für Arbeiter und Angestellte für Wien, Abteilung Wirtschaftswissenschaft und Statistik, vol. 27(1), pages 1-9.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa06p881. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.