Foreign Direct Investment and Agglomeration: Evidence from Italy
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Raffaello Bronzini, 2004. "Foreign direct investment and agglomeration: evidence from Italy," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 526, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
References listed on IDEAS
- Frank Barry & Holger Görg & Eric Strobl, 2004.
"Foreign direct investment, agglomerations, and demonstration effects: An empirical investigation,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), pages 583-600.
- Frank Barry & Holger Görg & Eric Strobl, 2003. "Foreign direct investment, agglomerations, and demonstration effects: An empirical investigation," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), pages 583-600.
- Frank Barry & Holger Görg & Eric Strobl, 2001. "Foreign direct investment, agglomerations and demonstration effects : an empirical investigation," Working Papers 200104, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Barry, Frank & Görg, Holger & Strobl, Eric, 2001. "Foreign Direct Investment, Agglomerations and Demonstration Effects: An Empirical Investigation," CEPR Discussion Papers 2907, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Keith Head & John C. Ries & Deborah L. Swenson, 1994. "The Attraction of Foreign Manufacturing Investments: Investment Promotion and Agglomeration Economies," NBER Working Papers 4878, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Head, Keith & Ries, John & Swenson, Deborah, 1995.
"Agglomeration benefits and location choice: Evidence from Japanese manufacturing investments in the United States,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, pages 223-247.
- Keith Head & John Ries & Deborah Swenson, 1994. "Agglomeration Benefits and Location Choice: Evidence from Japanese Manufacturing Investment in the United States," NBER Working Papers 4767, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sergio Mariotti & Lucia Piscitello, 1995. "Information Costs and Location of FDIs within the Host Country: Empirical Evidence from Italy," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, pages 815-841.
- Coughlin, Cletus C & Terza, Joseph V & Arromdee, Vachira, 1991. "State Characteristics and the Location of Foreign Direct Investment within the United States," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(4), pages 675-683, November.
- Honore, Bo E, 1992. "Trimmed LAD and Least Squares Estimation of Truncated and Censored Regression Models with Fixed Effects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(3), pages 533-565, May.
- Henderson, Vernon & Kuncoro, Ari & Turner, Matt, 1995. "Industrial Development in Cities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(5), pages 1067-1090, October.
- Paci Raffaele & Usai Stefano, 2000.
"The Role of Specialisation and Diversity Externalities in the Agglomeration of Innovative Activities,"
Rivista italiana degli economisti,
Società editrice il Mulino, pages 237-268.
- R. Paci & S. Usai, 1999. "The role of specialisation and diversity externalities in the agglomeration of innovative activities," Working Paper CRENoS 199915, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Roberto Basile, 2002. "The Locational Determinants of Foreign-Owned Manufacturing Plants in Italy: Preliminary Results," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 92(4), pages 61-92, July-Augu.
- Arellano, Manuel & Honore, Bo, 2001. "Panel data models: some recent developments," Handbook of Econometrics,in: J.J. Heckman & E.E. Leamer (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 5, chapter 53, pages 3229-3296 Elsevier.
- Glaeser, Edward L & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1992.
"Growth in Cities,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(6), pages 1126-1152, December.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1991. "Growth in Cities," NBER Working Papers 3787, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glaeser, Edward Ludwig & Kallal, Hedi D. & Scheinkman, Jose A. & Shleifer, Andrei, 1992. "Growth in Cities," Scholarly Articles 3451309, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Wheeler, David & Mody, Ashoka, 1992. "International investment location decisions : The case of U.S. firms," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, pages 57-76.
- Alberto Baffigi & Antonio Bassanetti, 2004. "Turning-point indicators from business surveys: real-time detection for the euro area and its major member countries," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 500, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Robert Dekle, 2002. "Industrial Concentration And Regional Growth: Evidence From The Prefectures," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(2), pages 310-315, May.
- Forni, Mario & Paba, Sergio, 2002. "Spillovers and the Growth of Local Industries," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 151-171, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Laura Resmini, 2014. "Patterns of FDI in Southern European Periphery: a Tale of Missing FDI?," ERSA conference papers ersa14p543, European Regional Science Association.
- Chen, George Shih-Ku, 2009. "Agglomeration economies and the location of Taiwanese investment in China," MPRA Paper 13896, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roberto Basile & Luigi Benfratello & Davide Castellani, 2005. "Attracting Foreign Investments in Europe - are Italian Regions Doomed?," ERSA conference papers ersa05p148, European Regional Science Association.
- Roberto Basile & Luigi Benfratello & Davide Castellani, 2005.
"Attracting Foreign Direct Investments in Europe: Are Italian Regions Doomed?,"
Rivista di Politica Economica,
SIPI Spa, vol. 95(1), pages 319-319, January-F.
- Roberto Basile & Luigi Benfratello & Davide Castellani, 2005. "Attracting Foreign Direct Investments in Europe: are Italian Regions Doomed?," Development Working Papers 200, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Roberto Antonietti & Giulio Cainelli, 2007. "Spatial Agglomeration, Technology and Outsourcing of Knowledge Intensive Business Services Empirical Insights from Italy," Working Papers 2007.79, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Giulio Cainelli & Eleonora Di Maria & Roberto Ganau, 2011. "Agglomeration, related-variety and internationalisation. Does a relationship exist?," Openloc Working Papers 1114, Public policies and local development.
More about this item
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- R30 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-11-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2005-11-09 (European Economics)
- NEP-GEO-2005-11-09 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-IFN-2005-11-09 (International Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa04p321. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier). General contact details of provider: http://www.ersa.org .