On Space-Time Changes of Hedonic Prices for Single Family Houses
In this paper we estimate hedonic prices for single-family houses in two Swedish counties between the years 1994 and 2000. Structural and neighbourhood characteristics together with accessibility measures are used as attributes in the hedonic price function. Since there are indications of spatial dependence we estimate the hedonic price functions using Spatial Autoregressive Maximum Likelihood. Besides the two county capitals other local centres are found to influence the prices. The importance of the attributes also changes over both space and time.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Welthandelsplatz 1, 1020 Vienna, Austria|
Web page: http://www.ersa.org
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Can, Ayse, 1992. "Specification and estimation of hedonic housing price models," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 453-474, September.
- P Bodson & D Peeters, 1975.
"Estimation of the coefficients of a linear regression in the presence of spatial autocorrelation. An application to a Belgian labour-demand function,"
Environment and Planning A,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 7(4), pages 455-472, April.
- P Bodson & D Peeters, 1975. "Estimation of the Coefficients of a Linear Regression in the Presence of Spatial Autocorrelation. An Application to a Belgian Labour-Demand Function," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 7(4), pages 455-472, June.
- Englund, Peter & Quigley, John M. & Redfearn, Christian L., 1998. "Improved Price Indexes for Real Estate: Measuring the Course of Swedish Housing Prices," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 171-196, September.
- Andrew J. Buck & Joseph Deutsch & Simon Hakim & Uriel Spiegel & J. Weinblatt, 1991. "A Von ThÃ¼nen Model of Crime, Casinos and Property Values in New Jersey," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 28(5), pages 673-686, October.
- Bogart, William T. & Cromwell, Brian A., 2000. "How Much Is a Neighborhood School Worth?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 280-305, March.
- Peter F. Colwell, 1990. "Power Lines and Land Value," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 5(1), pages 117-128.
- Blomquist, Glenn C & Berger, Mark C & Hoehn, John P, 1988. "New Estimates of Quality of Life in Urban Areas," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(1), pages 89-107, March.
- Cheshire, Paul & Sheppard, Stephen, 1995. "On the Price of Land and the Value of Amenities," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 62(246), pages 247-67, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa02p196. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.