The Great Recession, 'Rainy Day' Funds, and Countercyclical Fiscal Policy in Latin America
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Eduardo Fernández‐Arias & Peter Montiel, 2011. "The Great Recession, “Rainy Day” Funds, And Countercyclical Fiscal Policy In Latin America," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(3), pages 304-322, July.
- Eduardo FernÃ¡ndez-Arias & Peter Montiel, 2010. "The Great Recession, 'Rainy Day' Funds, and Countercyclical Fiscal Policy in Latin America," Department of Economics Working Papers 2010-15, Department of Economics, Williams College.
References listed on IDEAS
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Carmen M. Reinhart, 2002.
"Fear of Floating,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 117(2), pages 379-408.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Carmen M. Reinhart, 2000. "Fear of Floating," NBER Working Papers 7993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo, 2002. "Fear of floating," MPRA Paper 14000, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen, 2001. "Fear of Floating: Exchange Rate Flexibility Indices," MPRA Paper 13196, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eduardo Fernandez-Arias & Peter Montiel, 2009.
"Crisis Response in Latin America: Is the "Rainy Day" at Hand?,"
Research Department Publications
4628, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Eduardo Fernández-Arias & Peter J. Montiel, 2009. "Crisis Response in Latin America: Is the "Rainy Day" at Hand?," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1652, Inter-American Development Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bruno Martorano, 2014. "Pre-crisis Conditions and Government Policy Responses: Chile and Mexico during the Great Recession," Papers inwopa729, Innocenti Working Papers.
- Muhammad-Bashir Owolabi Yusuf & Gairuzazmi Mat Ghani & Ahamed Kameel Mydin Meera, 2013. "The Challenges of Implementing Gold Dinar in Kelantan: An Empirical Analysis," Institutions and Economies (formerly known as International Journal of Institutions and Economies), Faculty of Economics and Administration, University of Malaya, vol. 5(3), pages 97-114, October.
- Eduardo Borensztein & Liliana Castilleja & Daniel Hernaiz & Alejandro Rasteletti, 2012. "International Crises and Policy Responses in the Southern Cone," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 4189, Inter-American Development Bank.
More about this item
Keywordscountercyclical policy; fiscal space; international reserves; multilateral financial support;
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- E63 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Comparative or Joint Analysis of Fiscal and Monetary Policy; Stabilization; Treasury Policy
- F34 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Lending and Debt Problems
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-03-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAM-2011-03-05 (Central & South America)
- NEP-MAC-2011-03-05 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PKE-2011-03-05 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wil:wilcde:2010-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephen Sheppard). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cdwilus.html .